Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Just a couple. Have a few more that are being tweaked. To the tune of the Addams Family. Your mother is your sister, your father is your brother, you like to shag each other, the (opposition) family. Du du du du etc etc
    Can we play you, can we play you. Can we play you every week?
    To the tune of Robin Hood. Conan Byrne, Conan Byrne running down the wing. (x2) Watch him cross the call, Another for Fingal. Conan Byrne, Conan Byrne. (Any ideas on the wording of that would help)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Kirby, Kirby, Alan Kirby
    He's got no hair, we dont care
    Alan Kirby

Sung to the tune of Hi ho hi ho. :)

There is always the There is only one Sporting Fingal

How about

Viper viper bang your drum, Viper bang your drum.

All we need is 45 minutes worth :)

How about to the tune of You are my sunshine

You are my Fingal my Sporting Fingal,
    You make me happy when skys are grey

You get the the jist of it so just add in your own words.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

o gary o neill ( or any goal scorer at the time ) u came and you scrored us a cracker,
    and you blew bohs ( or any opposition ) away, o gary

sung to the tune of mandy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

He came to us when Robbie went, Glen Crowe, Glen Crowe.
    He'll score more goals than he did with Bohs, Glen crowe Glen crowe.
    Give him the ball and he will score, give it to O'niell he'll score 1 more.
    The Sporting Fingal are gonna kick your AR$e
    De-da de-da de-da de-da de-da de-da

Liam Buckley's magic
    He wears a magic hat
    And when he seen the F.A.I. cup
    He said I'm having that!

Gary o'Niell, Gary o'Niell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

He came to us when Robbie went, Glen Crowe, Glen Crowe.
    He'll score more goals than he did with Bohs, Glen crowe Glen crowe.
    Give him the ball and he will score, give it to O'niell he'll score 1 more.

I love this!!! :D

against bray this friday, pop quiz..who got relegated twice in the same season and is still in the premier division?........BRAY

there has to be lots of chants and songs about this :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Zs8bp9bME&feature=related

We could sing it for Bray on friday and could easily adapt it for ourselves after.

You got knocked down, but your up again, how the f**k are you not down.
    You got knocked down, but your up again, this year your goin back down.

ViperGTS wrote: »

every1 remember this song for friday, il make sure we start it :D

• Advertisement

You got knocked down, but your up again, this year your goin f**king back down

brillant

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

How about to the tune of You are my sunshine

You are my Fingal my Sporting Fingal,
    You make me happy when skys are grey

You get the the jist of it so just add in your own words.

That one might work..
    Liam Buckley's magic
    He wears a magic hat
    He said I'm having that!

To the tune of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

You got knocked down, but your up again, this year your goin f**king back down

brillant

Doesnt quite fit lads (imo of course). Maybe change your to you got and not down to still around
    last sentence has too many words in it. I think it needs to be shorter some how. Just a thought

That one might work..

To the tune of?

First bit is My old man's a dustman

second bit is here we go here we go here we go.

ViperGTS wrote: »

I think it would be a nicer touch to sing it for them and not against them in a bit of fan bonding type of thing.
    Depending how the game goes we could then sing how bad they are or not without me putting the relevant swear words in here :)

How about ( you can finish it )

Hello hello, we are the Fingal boys
    Hello hello ,we are the Fingal boys

Here is a long one :)

Instead of " There is only one " change to " He's number 1 Brendan Clarke, He's number 1 Brendan Clarke , walking along singing this song ,walking in a Clarky wonderland" Insert the name of who is actually in the number 1 shirt and continue with whoever is in the number 2 shirt and so on and do the same when a sub comes on.

also next time we play sligo and they start chanting sh1t club, no fans. Reply with sh1t club, no cup. Might just p1ss them off a bit:)

also next time we play sligo and they start chanting sh1t club, no fans. Reply with sh1t club, no cup. Might just p1ss them off a bit:)

" sligo sligo show us your cup,sligo show us your cup"

Im sure we can put some words to the tune Lord of the Dance

Sing sing wherever you may be
    we are the famous Sporting Fingal fc

add a bit here :)

cos we are the famous Sporting Fingal fc

Attack,attack, attack attack attack

To the tune of daisy daisy

Fingal Fingal ,give me a goal or 2
    Im half crazy ...................?

Freddies gonna get ya, freddies gonna get ya :)

Whats important lads is that whatever you sing home or away you give it your all and not sing it like you are shy as if have been called to sing in a school music class for the first time.

Fingal, Fingal, give me a goal or 2. We've got Glen Crowe, He's better than all of you/Who the f**k have you?

Just something for a bit of craic. Sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine. We all live in a semi with a green, its not a housing scheme, and Fingal are the team. Fingal, Fingal, Fingal, Fingal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

As far as I know the supporters club have talked to Paul Barnes the event controller at Morton and said there is absolutely NOOO POINT moving the lads that sing and that everyone is pissed off with the decision considering there's never been any trouble bar the one time a steward pretty much attacked one of the fans, but he's never stewarded (if that’s a word) again, So as far as i am aware when they put a canopy over that stupid area they wanted to move us, they're going to stick ALL away fans in it.

We've gone seriously down hill with the noise levels since the first season, (admittedly im one of the ones who stopped singing but that’s because I go to work after games, really need my voice for my job!)
    I remember articles in papers n' all saying ''you'll hear the supporters club before you se them!'' in the Fingal independent.

Think that was mainly down to a nut bag rovers fan who used to go to Fingal games when rovers were in tolka and he lived in swords, he was a legend, went to all home and away games just for singing the banter and occasional tipple :D

As for the bar in Morton, it’s usually full of regulars, players, sponsors, Fai heads so that if you’re not a member of the harriers you can’t get a pint. Last year we (supporter’s club committee) were made members so we wouldn’t have trouble, and to be fair we haven’t. So as far as I know the only way to get in is to sign-up to the harriers. Hardly worth it for 1 pint at half time, it’s also pretty easy to get comfortable up there; half the lads that go over don’t come back for the second half.

New songs sound good. Let’s hope we can get a big support on Friday. (I’m off work so il be singing!)

Liam Buckley's magic
    He wears a magic hat
    He said I'm having that!

(My old man's a dustman)

To the tune of thierry henry, thierry henry(Yes i know what he did but its only for the tune of it)

Sorry meant to put up the tunes

To the tune of the Flintstones:

Sporting, Sporting Fingal
    We're a club without a history,
    From the grounds at Morton
    Now we're playing in the Premier League.

Robert Bayly has apparently signed a 1 year deal with Shamrock Rovers.
    Best of luck to him, i liked that lad, a bit of lunatic at times but great heart on the pitch.
    Gave the cross Gary o'Niell to head home the winner in the Cup final.

Heard that yesterday alright. Was only asking about him at the game on Friday. There was rumours he had trials somewhere. A talented player and I hope it turns out well for him

Best of luck to him, i liked that lad, a bit of lunatic at times but great heart on the pitch.

To what tune do we sing that one :)?

As far as I know the supporters club have talked to Paul Barnes the event controller at Morton and said there is absolutely NOOO POINT moving the lads that sing and that everyone is pissed off with the decision considering there's never been any trouble bar the one time a steward pretty much attacked one of the fans, but he's never stewarded (if that’s a word) again, So as far as i am aware when they put a canopy over that stupid area they wanted to move us, they're going to stick ALL away fans in it.

We've gone seriously down hill with the noise levels since the first season, (admittedly im one of the ones who stopped singing but that’s because I go to work after games, really need my voice for my job!)
    I remember articles in papers n' all saying ''you'll hear the supporters club before you se them!'' in the Fingal independent.

Think that was mainly down to a nut bag rovers fan who used to go to Fingal games when rovers were in tolka and he lived in swords, he was a legend, went to all home and away games just for singing the banter and occasional tipple :D

As for the bar in Morton, it’s usually full of regulars, players, sponsors, Fai heads so that if you’re not a member of the harriers you can’t get a pint. Last year we (supporter’s club committee) were made members so we wouldn’t have trouble, and to be fair we haven’t. So as far as I know the only way to get in is to sign-up to the harriers. Hardly worth it for 1 pint at half time, it’s also pretty easy to get comfortable up there; half the lads that go over don’t come back for the second half.

New songs sound good. Let’s hope we can get a big support on Friday. (I’m off work so il be singing!)

PineappleStu made a very good suggestion IMO. Moving the singing section to the other side where Sligo where. Due to the fact that side is inclosed, it would mean that the sound from singing would be louder. The players would be able to hear the lads cheers them out. Also the rest of the crowd feels there is a segregation between the singing crowd and them. If its at the other end it might encourage more of the crowd to sing which will improve the atmosphere.

;)

PineappleStu made a very good suggestion IMO. Moving the singing section to the other side where Sligo where. Due to the fact that side is inclosed, it would mean that the sound from singing would be louder. The players would be able to hear the lads cheers them out. Also the rest of the crowd feels there is a segregation between the singing crowd and them. If its at the other end it might encourage more of the crowd to sing which will improve the atmosphere.

Have to agree there with both of you, it would be the best place for the singing crowd. Also on previous posts you's both posted about having a regular song for when we come out on to the pitch (i like AC/DC For those about to rock, we salute you) but a regular song to be played for that and a regular song for when we score should be played out so we can can all sing(scream, squeal or shriek at)
    Maybe get a few suggestions for songs to be played and vote on them?
    Then get them to be played and if they suit we keep them and if not then we can try out some different ones.
    We had a great response on Fri night in the numbers that turned out it would be great if we could give a bit more atmosphere that would bring back the new fans or at least get them talking in the pub how great the atmosphere at the Fingal games are.

• Advertisement

Classic:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement