Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Lorcan Fitzgerald, not the only one with a fracture in his face :(

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

any1 going tomorow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Won't be getting to this one either, not working so away matches are a bit of a luxury that i have to put to one side.
    Thank God i got a season ticket.

Hey Viper do you mean you got a fracture? If so man sorry to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Unfortunately I did. Clashed heads with my own keeper on saturday. Have to go back friday week to see how its healing. They said its only small so should be ok

• Advertisement

will both sides put out weakened teams? have bot sides got weakened teams lol

a cup is a cup hope there is a great turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Leinster Senior Cup
    Q/final
    Bohemians V Sporting Fingal
    Dalymount
    Tuesday 23rd , 7:45pm ko
    Tickets are priced at €15 for adults, €10 for students and €7 for U16/OAP's.

Wont be going to this one. Keeping my money for league away trips at the moment. Hope we do well though.

I think Bohs charging 15 euro is a little on the steep side considering the competition it is and the teams the two clubs will have out. Obviously will be treated like a reserve match.

let us know how we got on stu.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Not sure yet if I'll be there tonight or not. Damn jetlag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fonzycent88

aww nasty, fractured cheekbone isn't nice. hope ya feel better soon mate. yeah got a game tonight myself so will be a no for me too. hope we get a result, nice cup run for the fingal. see that boat that lamper and fingal gooner are in, yeh im in that too ha. but goin to pats away and galway away so lookin forward to that. reckon 2-2 tonight. lets hope shaun williams has a better game tonight.

enjoy lads :)

reckon 2-2 tonight.

Does there not have to be a result tonight (like the previous rounds of this cup)??

• Advertisement

Fortune favours the brave and as luck would have it will be getting to this one. :D
    Will be looking forward to seeng who we put out, give the other lads a run. Like to see Duggan and Dawson having a game, both looked handy during pre-season, as well as a few favourites that i haven't got to see too much of like Kirby(my player of the season last year) Gannon, James, Frost and Paisley.
    Guessing we will start Glen Crowe up front and I would say Quinn will play on the left wing.
    So Bohs again, hopefully we will get a result.
    See ya's up there.

Hope that fracture heals quickly Viper, Rockee and i'd guess Johnnightmare might be looking to come on for ya and then there'll be all that nasty business of you trying to get your position back as number one drummer... look what happened to Robbie Doyle;)

Paulw wrote: »
    Does there not have to be a result tonight (like the previous rounds of this cup)??

Id say so. Doubt the clubs who already see it as a distraction would be too happy with replays.

As luck would have it, im going too, hehe:)

was gonna give it a miss but feck it, gona have a wash and drive in,

Our first win over bohs:D. 2 nil to us. Barret and Dawson with the goals.

Decent game actually. Bohs had the better of the first half and actually scored but the linesman didnt see that the ball was over the line by about a foot. A little bit of justice (only a little:mad:) for the peno that never was in our league game
    We where the better team in the second and scored two well worked goals.
    Great game from Dawson in the second half.

We are in another Semi final:)

felt zayed made all the difference when he came on at halftime, crowe had a great chance in added time to make it 3-0 but he left his shot to late and the keeper made a good save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

how were the teams, looking at the team sheet we seemed to have more "regular players" than bohs who used more reserves...? would i be wrong?

Have to agree with johnnightmare, thought the same about Zayed probably one of his better shifts that i have seen him put in. Quigley was very good as well, that save for what could have been an own goal was pure class, just raging it wasn't caught on camera would have liking to see it again.
    And as Lamper said it did seem that the ball crossed the line and should have been given as a goal for Boh's, but as was posted some revenge for the soft penalty that should not have been given in the league game.
    It was a great 2nd half and Dawson for me was instrumental in everything, winning the ball and putting it out wide for Barrett or Zayed. Glad he got a goal out of it.
    Roll on Drogheda and hopefully we can keep up the momentum from the Bray game.

how were the teams, looking at the team sheet we seemed to have more "regular players" than bohs who used more reserves...? would i be wrong?

Can't speak for the Boh's team as i don't know their players too well so can't say who their reserves are, but yes not the same level of experience that we met in the league game.
    our team was made up of a lot of first team players from last season.
    Conan Byrne and Keith Quinn can be the only two who started last night that can be considered as part of our starting eleven and in fairness to Quinn he started as left back where he doesn't play(and does not look comfortable playing imo)
    Quigley, Kirby, Frost, Gannon James have not had a regular start for us yet.
    Crowe and Barrett have not started for us yet either. afaik if i am wrong please put me right.
    Dawson and Boyd started, and Towney came on in the second half
    All that being said they played well, especially in the 2nd half, like a team that had been playing together from the start of the season, so once again well done to the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

It was the Bohs U19's side (plus 2 of the fringe first team panel) and on the night they were managed by the Bohs U19s manager Larry Corbally instead of Pat Fenlon

I guess it just goes to show the depth and quality of the Sporting Fingal squad. Nice to see some of the players from last year coming back in to the squad now, and recovering from injury. It bodes well for the rest of the season.

Bohs have their own good reasons for using a weak team.

• Advertisement

S23 wrote: »
    It was the Bohs U19's side (plus 2 of the fringe first team panel) and on the night they were managed by the Bohs U19s manager Larry Corbally instead of Pat Fenlon

Well, fairplay to them. They where very good in the first half and played the better stuff.

Bohemian FC: Barry Murphy; Anto Murphy, Mark Rossiter, Denis Moran, Paddy Collins; Ken Oman (David Lodola 78), Steven Traynor (Orrin Farrell 65), Ruaidhri Higgins, Lee Dixon (Alan Mulcahy 61) ; Gary Burke, Aaron Greene
    Subs Not Used: David Quirke, Graham Curran, Gareth Callaghan, Matthew Doherty

Sporting Fingal: Darren Quigley; Kevin Boyd, Keith Quinn, John Frost, Brian Gannon; Colm James, Conan Byrne ( Eamon Zayed 45), Shane Barrett, Alan Kirby ( Mark Towney 45), Kevin Dawson; Glen Crowe
    Subs Not Used: Brendan Clarke, Jamie Duffy, Philip Hand.

Thought i saw Fenlon in the dug out.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Chance for reserves in Fingal clash

With a busy schedule for the senior team, and already some injuries in the squad after two weeks of the league season, Bohemians will field a side mainly drawn from the reserve team for Tuesday's (23rd March) Leinster Senior Cup quarter-final against Sporting Fingal.

A small number of senior squad players will be included in the side but A-team manager Larry Corbally and under-19 manager Eddie Wallace will be in charge. The A team has returned to training for their season which starts on the Easter weekend.

Anyway, 8 of the U19's played at some stage

Im pleased for them :)

Chance for reserves in Fingal clash

With a busy schedule for the senior team, and already some injuries in the squad after two weeks of the league season, Bohemians will field a side mainly drawn from the reserve team for Tuesday's (23rd March) Leinster Senior Cup quarter-final against Sporting Fingal.

A small number of senior squad players will be included in the side but A-team manager Larry Corbally and under-19 manager Eddie Wallace will be in charge. The A team has returned to training for their season which starts on the Easter weekend.

Anyway, 8 of the U19's played at some stage

fenlon was there. walked by us, all togged out in his tracksuit and from what i could see, that was him over at the dugout. Not really important anyway.

He looked like an U19 as well :)

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night. It should be a good challenge. Drogheda are a good team, so it will be interesting.

I see Kirby may be a doubt for the game, but will have a late fitness test tomorrow to be sure. Otherwise, just Fitzgerald missing still.

Hopefully it will be a good game, and another home win.

Paulw wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night. It should be a good challenge. Drogheda are a good team, so it will be interesting.

I see Kirby may be a doubt for the game, but will have a late fitness test tomorrow to be sure. Otherwise, just Fitzgerald missing still.

Hopefully it will be a good game, and another home win.

Yeah. looking forward to it myself. Hopefully a good win that would set us up for the difficult games against Pats and Shams the following week.

Doubt Kirby would have started but he is not a bad option from the bench. Hopefully he is fit.

Hard to know what way drogheda are at the moment. They had leads against Dundalk and Bohs which was promising for them but they threw the leads away in the end. They got thrashed by UCD in their first game. They have definitely not defended well thats for sure. 9 goals conceded in 3 games. They are also finding it hard to keep their players on the pitch 3 sent off already.

I think anything other than a home win would not be a good result.

Hopefully another decent home crowd. If we break the 1000 mark again ill be happy.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3123/

An interview with Ronan Finn, usual stuff here but see that extratime are referring to us as 'The Raven's'. Wonder if it will stick?
    Think the Fingal Independent called us that in our first year but it never caught on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

see that extratime are referring to us as 'The Raven's'. Wonder if it will stick?
    Think the Fingal Independent called us that in our first year but it never caught on.

I think its a great nickname, it goes well with the emblem/crest, colours (black army!)...and is more menacing than just "The Fingal" lol
    Given the association with swords and fingal the ravens is a perfect nickname....

edit: a quick wiki as i procastrinate;

it has some powerful erm football related symbolism...ravens have long been considered to be birds of ill omen, in part because of the negative symbolism of their all-black plumage and eating of carrion

could perform great malicious acts, could lead people astray, had superhuman powers, and were "terrible animals"

just imagine a massive banner of just a big black raven in the stand....

im getting ahead of myself back to work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement