Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

3 yes, english NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

my mistake:o

anyway, john nightmare fingal fan at ur service:)

St Paddies away on friday, 3 points and choccy bunnys at half time will do me just fine :)

and remember no drink:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

and remember no drink:rolleyes:

You can always drive to Limerick after the game for a pint.

Or go to The Goat in Goatstown, but bring your own booze for that one.

Of course, with this weather, we'll first have to hope that the game actually goes ahead.

• Advertisement

true true

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Just wondering if that post about posts not having "venom" in them was a dig at Viper? Haha. Just watched MNS that I had recorded earlier. Paused it when it showed our singing section, counted 31 ppl. I'm sure there are lots more that sing but I was wondering if it was possible to talk to someone at Morton about moving somewhere else. Some part that would get more people in the vicinity to maybe stand in and make a bit of noise with us

ur the car not the snake :p

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Just wondering if that post about posts not having "venom" in them was a dig at Viper? Haha. Just watched MNS that I had recorded earlier. Paused it when it showed our singing section, counted 31 ppl. I'm sure there are lots more that sing but I was wondering if it was possible to talk to someone at Morton about moving somewhere else. Some part that would get more people in the vicinity to maybe stand in and make a bit of noise with us

The reason that the singing crowd is there is that they dont block anyone's view when they stand. They moved them to the open terrace for the sligo game but it didnt go down to well.

Yeah, unfortunately i was there for that brief moment of madness. My mind has gone blank at the min but one of the lads on here (stewards at Morton) got things sorted for us. Always share a laugh on crossing paths. pity the joke about the "drum full of drink" wasn't so much of a joke. Budweiser matured in a drum barrell goes down pretty well in the stands :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

viper no offence but ur a fan this year, not the last to years:p other wise you would have known our away jersy this year was our home jersy the first two years:), its a realy dark green or black jersy make up ur own mind on that one but either way thats where " black army, what army" came from.... "white army,what army" sounds to alike when its shouted thats why it cant be changed.

Its been the white jersey for the last two years. Our home jersey was black in the first year only. Tut tut:D :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Thanks for the welcome lads -

On the subject of colours - I have to admit I much prefered having the black jersey as the home jersey . Do most ppl feel that way? Why was it changed??

As for the singers/ultras the obvious place for the lads/girls is UP in the corner in front of the railing leading to the MC's box . They wouldn't block anyone by standing but still be heard and encourage fans to join in .

I think the corner where the Sligo fans were for the home game is the best spot. The wall on that end would help amplify the sound and its beside where the players come on and off the pitch aswell

sffc wrote: »
    On the subject of colours - I have to admit I much prefered having the black jersey as the home jersey . Do most ppl feel that way? Why was it changed??

I prefer the white jersey. I'm not a fan of a black jersey at all (on any team). I think the white looks cleaner and fresher.

I think the corner where the Sligo fans were for the home game is the best spot. The wall on that end would help amplify the sound and its beside where the players come on and off the pitch aswell

Have to agree with you. But, realistically, I can't see it happening. Then again, no harm getting organised and having a spokesperson consult about it with the club and event controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Thanks for the welcome lads -

As for the singers/ultras the obvious place for the lads/girls is UP in the corner in front of the railing leading to the MC's box . They wouldn't block anyone by standing but still be heard and encourage fans to join in .

I know what you mean, I was against us changing from black to white at home mainly down to the reason it was our first colour and been a traditionalist i just thought having chose it we should have stuck with it.
    Also it looked like a cheap way to sell the white jersey's by nominating them our home colours in our second season.
    But i have to put my hand up and say i was wrong i think the white looks great and now when i see us playing away in the black it just looks odd.
    Still like the black but the white was the right choice, imo.

This is without doubt the place for the singing gang to be for exactly what you have said, the wall carries the sound back across the fans and encourages others to join in.
    And as Pineapple stu posted before a few times it would give the gang a postition to cheer on our lads as they came out onto the pitch.
    It should at least be considered for the Shamrock game, they will bring a drove of supporters with them and i would like to think that we not only compete with them on the picth but that our noise level can as well.

Btw great job at the last game, Lorcan's injury didn't look as bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I can see a big flag with Raving Ravens on tour on it. :D

The Raven Lunatics sounds better to me :pac:

Cheers, doesn't feel as bad anymore either. Back for a scan on Friday and hopefully he'll just say a week maybe two and i'll be back playin. This weather isn't lookin too good for Friday peeps. Really hoping its on but not being too optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

:D

Transfer of assets over to NAMA is starting, wonder if this will hve any affect on yous for the future.

• Advertisement

Looks like the game on Fri might be in doubt. That's unless the weather clears a bit and the pitch can dry.

Morton should be ok for Monday though, better drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Paulw wrote: »
    Looks like the game on Fri might be in doubt. That's unless the weather clears a bit and the pitch can dry.

Morton should be ok for Monday though, better drainage.

Morton tends to drain quite well from what iv seen over the last two seasons. Iv been to a few games where I thought this one will be called off for sure and the game has gone ahead.
    (not including the bray playoff as that should never have gone ahead)

Will there be pressure from RTE to have the Pats game go ahead I wonder.

Its been the white jersey for the last two years. Our home jersey was black in the first year only. Tut tut:D :p

in a rush to get the point across, slip of the laptop:p

:D

Transfer of assets over to NAMA is starting, wonder if this will hve any affect on yous for the future.

are you having fun in division 1 gav?

Will there be pressure from RTE to have the Pats game go ahead I wonder.

Yes and no. With that weather, I can see a lot of games being called off. St Pat's ground would hold a lot more water than Morton would, so the pitch would be unplayable with this current weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fonzycent88

god shels, remember them haha. who is playin for them nowadays, think ekoku, dean windass and lee sharpe maybe. oh and a handfull of fingal rejects :) have to say hope the ravens does take off, the fingal is good but not a nickname, haha the pigeons would be hilarious the franchise too is a good one but would like to see ravens take off.

great job on the drums for drogs game viper, keep it up ;)

Hopefully the games at the weekend go ahead, sure pats got a rest but we are playing with great confidence and can see 3 points again if paisley is benched and sumone kicks williams up the bum after their recent performances. simple 4-3-3 and tight marking. and if that doesnt work we can go plan b(just give it to finn).

Monday is gonna be great one, very early in pub to see leeds kick the bejesus outta yeovil, 3 hours drinkin time, fingal match so see us beating rovers and back to boozer for an auld fingal singalong. Anyone for an early swiss season??? lamper and fingal gooner will be there with me to discuss the ravens and if lorcans jaw is as bad as vipers :D come on you fingal ;)

what time in the swiss? il join yas if im welcome ( after giving out bout the ravens;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Anyone for an early swiss season???

Does a bear sh1te in the woods?

Rockee wrote: »
    Does a bear sh1te in the woods?

ah ross, good man urself, how'd d gig go?

• Advertisement

what time in the swiss? il join yas if im welcome ( after giving out bout the ravens;))

That's fine to give out about 'The Ravens' what we really need to know is your opinion on whether 'Vipers' injury is worse than 'Lorcan's'.:D
    Do you feel that if Viper was able to return then should Lorcan have not done the same?
    And with the team getting a league win at home without Lorcan in left back, but Viper being up there drumming could it be now considered that it is more important to have our drummer than a (quality) left back?

Btw the first round is on you for bringing up how long a fan has supported a club and in doing so quoted your history wrong...which means you get to buy the peanuts as well:P:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement