Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Coming to you live at morton studios. It's Freddie and Liama Liamo.

Liama Liamo: So what do ya think of the breaking news on Viper there Freddie.
    Freddie: It's a blow to The Ravens for sure, but you have to wonder whether starting the lad last week was the best decision for the club to take.
    Liama Liamo: True, but is it not a showing of the young man's entusiasm for the club.
    Freddie: Enthusiasm is all well and good Liama, god knows i had plenty of it when i used to go hunting but what you have to realise is it's a marathon not a sprint.
    Liama Liamo: Sound words there alright. I was reading in 'The Shun' that sources close to Rockee have heard him say, and i quoute
    "Yeah it's a blow for Viper, you know wat i mean, but i have to look at it as an opportunity to prove to the club and the fans that i have wat it takes, and then if Viper wants to force his way back in then lets be avin im"
    Freddie: I'm not so sure about this one
    Liama Liamo: I've heard him play and he sounds good.
    Freddie: Yeah...look the lad can play there's no doubting his ability, but on the night when the pressure is on ya and a 1000fans are looking on anxously well.
    Liama Liamo: And i suppose the added pressure of it being televised.
    Freddie: Exactly, look there's a young lad coming through the ranks, goes by the name of Johnnynightmare, he looks promising.
    Liama Liamo: And that new signing Fonzy how do you rate him.
    Freddie:Too soon to tell to be honest.
    Liama Liamo:Any way folks we have to leave it there, from me Liama Liamo and a final word on the score from Fingal Freddie.
    97.0 to The Ravens!
    See ya next week folks. Wave Freddie...Freddie wave... for f*&£$ake wave...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Unbelievable Jim!

For anyone interested lads, if its not too late and anyone is keen on it, your more than welcome to borrow the drum. I'll have no problem meeting up with anyone that want's it. What you'll have to understand is that its only temporary. I'll be back in the squad Monday and maybe even available for the pre match team assembly ;) Anyone wanna give me a shout, feel to pm me

Why is it only now that I remember that bookies aren't open on good friday? Fingal, Rovers, Dundalk, Sligo and Waterford. Here's me hopin for 2 in a row :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

ViperGTS wrote: »
    For anyone interested lads, if its not too late and anyone is keen on it, your more than welcome to borrow the drum. I'll have no problem meeting up with anyone that want's it. What you'll have to understand is that its only temporary. I'll be back in the squad Monday and maybe even available for the pre match team assembly ;) Anyone wanna give me a shout, feel to pm me

Hey dude, had to make do with my bodhran tonight but you were with us in spirit! Looking forward to seeing you again on Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A good result tonight. Some good chances missed (by both sides), so a fair result in the end.

The Fingal crowd made more noise than their numbers should. They could be heard at the far end of the ground.

Well done everyone.

Roll on Rovers on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Paulw wrote: »
    A good result tonight. Some good chances missed (by both sides), so a fair result in the end.

The Fingal crowd made more noise than their numbers should. They could be heard at the far end of the ground.

Well done everyone.

Roll on Rovers on Monday.

I couldn't make it down so I had to watch it on TV. I could hear our fans' chants loud and clear on RTE :) Our biggest Premier Division home game so far on Monday. One I will not be missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I recorded the game, so I can watch it later.

Just finished my picts from the game, in case anyone wants a look - here.

Monday should be a cracker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Being heavily involved in G.A.A I dont get time to go games but fair play to Fingal I thought they were very good last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

fair play to ya paul, you caught some great 50/50 headers on the camera on the button:)

yeah ur right, monday should be a cracker:)

To the tune of 'Hey Jude'

Hey Bohs(or whatever team we're playing) dont feel so bad
    We're Sporting Fingal and we're much better.

Anyone wanna try finish out the verse?? :confused:

To the tune-ish of 'Her Name Was Lola'

They call us Fungus, they call us Franchise
    We call them jealous and we dont care.

To the tune of 'Them bones them bones need calcium' :D << Credit goes to fonzy

The wing the wing needs Conan Byrne
    And thats a Fingal Law.

Swiss tomorrow, what the plan?

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Swiss tomorrow, what the plan?

Some of us plan to be in the swiss from about 12.30 onwards. Leeds playing yeovil at that time and we are planning to watch it there, then on to the Shams game.:D

Im assuming Rockee will be there so you can ring him to know what time in the swiss:D

Rockee wrote: »
    To the tune of 'Hey Jude'

Hey Bohs(or whatever team we're playing) dont feel so bad

Anyone wanna try finish out the verse?? :confused:

To the tune-ish of 'Her Name Was Lola'

They call us Fungus, they call us Franchise
    We call them jealous and we dont care.

To the tune of 'Them bones them bones need calcium' :D << Credit goes to fonzy

And thats a Fingal Law.

Hey shams, dont feel so bad
    Remember we're only 3 years old
    But it doesnt matter because we're much BetterBetterBetterBetter

Nah nah nah nana nah nah, nana nah nah Fingal

And so on

Im assuming Rockee will be there so you can ring him to know what time in the swiss:D

Oh Lamper you romantic old dog you! :D Yep, Ive been dying for tomorrow all weekend, 1230 in THE SWISS sounds good. :p

Hey shams, dont feel so bad
    Remember we're only 3 years old
    But it doesnt matter because we're much BetterBetterBetterBetter

And so on

....and we have a winner! Nice. :)

Rockee wrote: »
    ....and we have a winner! Nice. :)

Or the last line could be

But it doesnt matter, We're so much Better better better better

Might fit in a little more

Now im going to have some chocolate. All this song writing and expessing myself has given me an appetite. :D

Or the last line could be

But it doesnt matter, Were so much Better better better better

Might fit in a little more

Cool, ah sure we'll work it out at the SWISS.

Meant to say this to you before but there is a thread for LOI photos in the Soccer section. Dont know if you noticed this yet but I thought you may want to pop a few up or leave a link.

• Advertisement

Nah Nah Nah Sporting Fingal, Sporting Fingal Fingal. We could work it out in the Swiss with a pencil ;)

Looking forward to tomoro, should be good crack. Hopefully good weather good turnout and a great win for us. And some sweet sweet pints before hand.

To the tune of the irish rover

On the 5th of april, two thousand and ten.
    We all got the bus to the swiss
    We were all meeting up to have a few pints
    Before heading down to the morrrrton.
    Twas a wonderful day the leeds were away
    hoping to beat the Yeovil
    There was lamper, fonzee, viper annnd rockee
    And we’re all off to beat the rovers

We had Gary o’niel, we had eamon zayed
    We had conan away on the right.
    We had shaunee Williams and shane mc faul
    We had alan Kirby what a player.
    We had Frostie on the left, we’d o’brien on the right
    The 2 centre backs are amazing
    With Clarkie in the goals, the ain’t gotta chance
    This team they will beat the rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

NAMA NAMA,NAMA NAMA, WE LOVE YOU NAMA NAMA :D

to the tune of we love fingal. we do;)

we hate rovers, we do
    we hate rovers, we do
    we hate rovers, we do

oh rovers, we hate you

to the tune of we love fingal. we do;)

we hate rovers, we do
    we hate rovers, we do
    we hate rovers, we do

oh rovers, we hate you

Why even bother with crap like this. Are ye trying to be like an English league side.

I thought Sporting Fingal was centered around the family and not this tribalism.

Fingal have an oppertunity to reshape the Irish football landscape and make it more family friendly which will get better crowds and provide clubs with funds to improve facilities, and it might serve everyone better to come up with something a little better

LeoB wrote: »
    Why even bother with crap like this. Are ye trying to be like an English league side.

I thought Sporting Fingal was centered around the family and not this tribalism.

Fingal have an oppertunity to reshape the Irish football landscape and it might serve them better to come up with something a little better

did u not see the ";)" it ment just the usual owl songs jus the words changed:rolleyes:

and every LOI club in Ireland uses this song

would you happen to be a rovers fan by any chance?

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/11923/0/

The preview to todays match there from Extratime.ie.
    Looks like Finn will be available, but Quinn took a knock in Friday nights game and is doubtfull.
    So will see you boys up there.

LeoB wrote: »

Fingal have an oppertunity to reshape the Irish football landscape and make it more family friendly which will get better crowds and provide clubs with funds to improve facilities, and it might serve everyone better to come up with something a little better

In fairness LeoB i think Johnnienightmare was only having a laugh there as you can see with the inclusion of ';)' in his opening line.
    Sporting Fingal are a family orientated club as you will see when you get up to the game. Simple things like an ice cream van for kids alongside a chippie van, Fingal Freddie who always makes himself available to the kids for photographs.
    We are not a militant fan base, but we are passionate about the team we support.
    Come up and see us and then you can decide for yourself.
    Hope you and your family enjoy the game.

did u not see the ";)" it ment just the usual owl songs jus the words changed:rolleyes:

and every LOI club in Ireland uses this song

would you happen to be a rovers fan by any chance?

No I honestly didnt see the;)
    Still because every other L.O.I Club use it does not make it right. I have not got to a Sporting Fingal game yet something always seems to clash.

As for being a Rovers fan, not a hope. I like what they done in Tallaght but didnt like what I heard on liveline about some lads getting a thumping on the Luas because they supported another club.

I am heavily involved in G.A.A but I like and admire what Sporting Fingal have done. Long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How much is it in today for a student? Might pop along.

Oh, and that ''we hate you Rovers chant'' is embarrassing. Considering you have no reason to hate them :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement