Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The Sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

Are many of you's goin to galway staying?

We're making the full piss up out of it and staying the night,
    flying too,
    (nice perk about one of the committe members working for aer arann)

If you can, you should really stay over, be a great ol' sesh.

Would help more of us get to know each other over a few pints cause even im unsure about half your names when i see ya's!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Unfortunately, I can't make Galway. Funeral in the morning and wedding afters in the evening to attend.

Hopefully it'll be a good game with 3 points for Fingal.

Have fun guys.

It's a shame that Williams and McFaul are both suspended for the game tomorrow. John Frost is injured, but Lorcan Fitzgerald is back at least.

Could be a tough one, but at least there is strength in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Paulw wrote: »
    It's a shame that Williams and McFaul are both suspended for the game tomorrow. John Frost is injured, but Lorcan Fitzgerald is back at least.

Could be a tough one, but at least there is strength in the squad.

Great to hear Lorcan will be back.

Pity about the other two alright but Id say it will be Colie James and Kirby to deputise and these two are not bad replacements.

I wonder could you drop Finn back into Mc Fauls positon and maybe play with Quinn and kirby as the other two midfielders.

Anyway, we have plenty of options so not too big a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Are many of you's goin to galway staying?

We're making the full piss up out of it and staying the night,
    flying too,
    (nice perk about one of the committe members working for aer arann)

If you can, you should really stay over, be a great ol' sesh.

Would help more of us get to know each other over a few pints cause even im unsure about half your names when i see ya's!

Hey Andy, yep myself and a few of the 'rush ravens' shall be staying over.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Stupid on call. Would love to be in Galway tonight. The fact that i'm gettin paid for it regardless if I get a call or not still doesn't make me any happier

who else is listening to the match on galway bay fm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Is Crowey getting a look in for your lot at all so far?

Has only come on as sub in the last 10 - 15 mins of matches and gets the full game in the leinster senior cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

:( what a waste. I know you boys are doing alright so far but Crowey is much better and has more to offer than 10 minute subs apperances

I agree but the truth is we have other options as well in zayed and o'neill and crowe hasnt threatend the goal in any of the matches hes played so far. I like the chap and a proven talent as they say and his hold up play and passing is top and i know once he bangs in his first then the rest will follow.

Not long back. Terrible second half performance by us. Lucky with the draw tbh.

We will need to improve dramatically next week. Hopefully Clarke will be back and getting williams and Mc Faul back into the team will be a much needed boost. Hopefully we will have a fit left back also.

Apart from the match, it was a good trip and a great laugh.

Congrats Gary O'Neill! Goal of the month on MNS. :)

Rockee wrote: »
    Congrats Gary O'Neill! Goal of the month on MNS. :)

Seen that. Should be player of the month also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bar26

Its always good to see a team getting some money to do things right

If he gets injured, we're screwed! We have others who can put it away but Gary always pops up with the vital goal at the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

He should be, it would be a good idea to have a voting system on the Sporting Fingal Site where you can go on and lodge your vote for your player of the month.
    Also who gave the best Freddie performance so far.
    The winner of that could be unveiled at the end of the season.
    Any hoop didn't get down to the match on Fri but believe it was a great night out, after a dismal performance, at least it was a point snatched, followed it on live tracker on Extratime.ie which was at least something and in fairness to who ever was reporting it gave a nod to the singing lads who travelled down,
    So looking forward to Friday against Dundalk, and i see we are putting the tickets for the Bohs game on sale this Friday. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3009/Bohs-tickets-to-go-on-sale-this-Friday.aspx
    Good to see a buzz being generated by the club for this one.
    God i don't half go on....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

be goin straight from cork to morton on friday:p

have to do sumthing bout mondays match v Bohs, il b in cork but realy dont want to miss it, mite leave early on monday than drive back to cork after the match

• Advertisement

Sky Sports News Update: News has come into the studio tonight that Viper is back to full fitness. Having missed out on the away game to Galway to get the added rest, he played in Amber Celtics 3-1 win over Claremont Rangers in Tallaght tonight. The club physio has said "its good to have him back. The eye is lookin good and tonights game will see him in good stead for Fridays game against Dundalk" Viper returns to Morton with the hinderance of a injured drum but sources have said he has things is order and the injury should hold out ok for 1 more game

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Sky Sports News Update: News has come into the studio tonight that Viper is back to full fitness. Having missed out on the away game to Galway to get the added rest, he played in Amber Celtics 3-1 win over Claremont Rangers in Tallaght tonight. The club physio has said "its good to have him back. The eye is lookin good and tonights game will see him in good stead for Fridays game against Dundalk" Viper returns to Morton with the hinderance of a injured drum but sources have said he has things is order and the injury should hold out ok for 1 more game

I blame the homemade drumstick:D

Easy there petal. That homemade drumstick hasn't given me an ounce of trouble since I made it. I think i'm gonna turn back on my statement of wanting to see Ross drummin in his band. I'd say he just bates the sh*&e out of his kit :)

Excellent article. Very well written.

It just goes to show how important education is. Also, shows that LOI is not a dead donkey. It is still a way to be spotted by UK talent scouts.

Mind you, it could be a problem for Fingal if McFaul, Finn and Williams all get offered contracts in the UK. There goes the core midfield.

Anyone see "Bray Friend" Inbetweeners tonight? Quality!

Saw it last night now i get what you's are on about...ya bleedin muppets:D

very funny

See we have Quinn and Williams suspended for this one. John Frost injured, though Lorcan might be available for tonight(fingers crossed)
    And Clarke is also a doubt with ankle, Barrett and Dawson also doubts.
    All good news here.
    Could do with a win tonight, i know it ain't going to be easy as Dundalk are having a great run at the moment, but still it'd be nice to walk out of Morton tonight with smiles on our faces.

Like this one :D or this one :) or even this one :p

but certainly none of these :mad:,:(,:eek:

ViperGTS wrote: »

And now live from Morton studios it Liama Liamo and Fingal Freddie:

Liama: Hello everybody, it's your good friend Liama Liamo here and in just a minute we will be joined by-
    Freddie: Yeah it is the good stuff, go on have a taste
    Liama: Eh Freddie...
    Freddie: Told ya, would ya look at his face turning red. Looks like a blee--
    Liama: Freddie!
    Freddie: WOT!
    Liama: We are live!
    Freddie: Oh right.
    Liama: Anyway, live from Morton studios tonight we discuss the news on Vipers Drum. I suppose after reading the qoutes during the week Freddie it would seem that there has been an incident regarding the drum.
    Freddie: Well as you know Liama I wasn't available for the trip to Terryland.
    Liama: I heard ya weren't invited.
    Freddie: Is that right?
    Liama: Ouch!
    Freddie: Anyway so i can't speak about what did or did not happen to said drum. But look things like this are gonna occur during a season. At least it was only his drum Rockee was bangin not like what that Chelsea lad was-
    Liama: So what your saying is it should be left alone, i see. Anyway moving on i see Gary o'Niell was given goal of the month M.N.S.
    Freddie: Well it's nice to see them getting something right after their shambolic review of the last home game. But having said that, the lads only super, super i tells ya.
    Liama: Very good and looking forward to tonight?

Liama: I said are ya looking...you can't drink that in here!
    Freddie: Watch me!
    Liama: Good lord. anyways it's a good night from us. Wave Freddie, Freddie wave..
    Freddie: Take your hands off me! What did i tell ya the last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I'm quite relieved to say that I don't get any of the preceding posts and I don't want to.

See you at the match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement