Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

:D

Sorry typing hands are shot to sh!t at this stage of the day. That word was "glaringly" (said he without a hint of irony):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Decent game last night. Shels played well with the wind and 10 men. Good crowd (nearly 1300) helped by a good away support. I think that was probably the most sf fans we have had at a game since the opener at home.

The conditions where terrible and I include the pitch in that.

By the looks of things, the top 4 at the moment will be the same teams come the end of the season. Where each team will be in that top 4 remains to be seen.

ps. no arguments about who had the more fans please. I couldnt take another one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The pitch is a joke to be honest. Why do they train on the pitch?
    Its stupid to that.
    And the discus and hammers getting thrown on them as well doesnt help it much.:D

Decent game last night. Shels played well with the wind and 10 men. Good crowd (nearly 1300) helped by a good away support. I think that was probably the most sf fans we have had at a game since the opener at home.

The conditions where terrible and I include the pitch in that.

By the looks of things, the top 4 at the moment will be the same teams come the end of the season. Where each team will be in that top 4 remains to be seen.

ps. no arguments about who had the more fans please. I couldnt take another one of them.

That guy who took the photo of the empty main stand at half-time when everyone was still getting their chips had some cheek. Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That guy who took the photo of the empty main stand at half-time when everyone was still getting their chips had some cheek. Huh?

Ehh you what?:confused:

And Lamper just said he didn't want to get into one of them again because we'll prove him wrong again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://file040a.bebo.com/11/large/2008/04/18/23/683476199a7490539748l.jpg

"Like the human appendix,Jade Goody and Light Beer! Sporting Fingal should not exist"

Pity about the fecking wind ripping it.:mad:

What's the story with the firemen up on the hill?

Pity about the fecking wind ripping it.:mad:

That was god. He is an SF supporter.

SantryRed wrote: »

And Lamper just said he didn't want to get into one of them again because we'll prove him wrong again:D

Not even going to justify this with a comment, AH SH!T

p4190093qj6.jpg

Indeed there isn't.:p

SantryRed wrote: »

Oh, please no for the love of God, lets not have that photo that proves the Shels fans right, that also the game in fact took place before the main stand was finished in 1959 and that NASA are in on a massive cover-up with cardboard cut-outs erected to make it look like there is Sporting Fingal fans when in fact there are none.

As I said, selective, half-time, chips, toilets, empty stand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1300 fans at a game between a 4 month old club and a 100 year old one , and the 100 year old one gloating at having a few more fans in their new found region.

heh shels fans are priceless, heard one of them call SF players mercenaries too. SF are my new 2nd team :p

kdjac

Talking to the Stewards, slightly more Shels at this game. The League cup game slightly more Sporting fans.

Tisk tisk, you might get a few discuss scuffs on that pitch but let me tell you it's better than horse or dog poo. And we all know Shels used to play in that at harolds cross.:o

Pity they didn't still play in Harolds Cross, only a 2 minute walk for me along the canal.:(

Pity they didn't still play in Harolds Cross, only a 2 minute walk for me along the canal.:(

I used to be 10 minutes up the road meself Gavin. In another world you and me would follow a Dublin 6 based team who owned that stadium. As I remember it almost happened because Bord na gCon were going to close it for use by dogs. There were promises made by Shels at the time encouraging people from Harolds Cross/Terenure to come and support them. We (from my neighbourhood felt stabbed in the back in the same way as Rovers stabbed their fans with the move to Tolka - obviously a smaller scale)

p4190093qj6.jpg

Indeed there isn't.:p

the angle of the photo helps a bit dont ya think.
    Ah crap i said i wouldnt do this.

I will not response to that lamper, we said no debating on the issue.:D

I will not response to that lamper, we said no debating on the issue.:D

Those are carboard cutouts and a bunch of tailors dummies from the Penneys down in the Omnicentre. The one Shels fan you see there is the guy who hates Sporting Fingal because (allegedly)
    1. We've got money that makes us hateful
    2. Our lads are mercenaries
    :p

The one Shels fan you see there is the guy who hates Sporting Fingal because (allegedly)
    1. We've got money that makes us hateful
    2. Our lads are mercenaries
    :p

Which guy is that?:D

What was with the fireman on the hill? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

There was defo more shels fans than sporting at the game on friday. There was a few shels in the stand.

If anyone from Sporting is reading this then can you please do something about the dickhead schooligans who shamed our club after fridays game. These are not sporting fingal fans but just idiots who have watched Green steet and think they are hard men. Shels fans werent at fault on friday . Schooligans latched on to Fingal came out of the ground looking for the shels kids. It was more like sesame street than green street.

cymro wrote: »
    There was defo more shels fans than sporting at the game on friday. There was a few shels in the stand.

If anyone from Sporting is reading this then can you please do something about the dickhead schooligans who shamed our club after fridays game. These are not sporting fingal fans but just idiots who have watched Green steet and think they are hard men. Shels fans werent at fault on friday . Schooligans latched on to Fingal came out of the ground looking for the shels kids. It was more like sesame street than green street.

There was a few of Fingal's schooligans at the front of the terrace aswell, two little 10-11 year olds wanted to fight me and my mate because we were putting a banner up and then some little chap tried robbing my Southside Reds banner.:D

Cyrmo nothing can be done about these schooligans, every club in Ireland has them now and sure if they don't get into the game they'll wait outside as has happened before. As for Shels "fans" not being at fault, every match our amazing bunch go looking for fights so I doubt Friday was any different.

cymro wrote: »
    It was more like sesame street than green street.

Haha you hero.:D

• Advertisement

Couple of questions being asked by our fans:

1)When people buy a family ticket for two adults are they counted as four?
    2) How much does the stand hold? (440??)

Couple of questions being asked by our fans:

1)When people buy a family ticket for two adults are they counted as four?
    2) How much does the stand hold? (440??)

Not sure about the family tickets.
    The stand holds 800.

The family ticket is red in colour and admits 2 adults and 3 children I think.

Yes, there are 800 seats in the main stand.

No contest, something of a majority of shels at the game. However, there were slightly more SFFC fans in the league cup game. Our gate of home fans is stuck at about 500 now, it was Shels that made the balance of the 1100 in my opinion

The crowd was nearly 1300.
    But yeah id say we had something between 500 and 600 and shels made up the rest.
    Its nice to see their fans donate their money to a worthy cause. Keep it up lads. The more money we get the more chance we survive.
    Cheers to all shels fans. Your money is safer with our club anyway:p

The crowd was nearly 1300.
    But yeah id say we had something between 500 and 600 and shels made up the rest.
    Its nice to see their fans donate their money to a worthy cause. Keep it up lads. The more money we get the more chance we survive.
    Cheers to all shels fans. Your money is safer with our club anyway:p

I also bought a progamme.:p (I had to have a progamme from every game last year and will for this year too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What happend to the half time raffle?

Did anyone here go to the Monaghan game? Sounds depressing, loads of untaken chances and Monaghan score on the basis of a handful of half-chances.:confused:

I'd say we are staying in the First Division, the best thing for the club as it consolidates the huge success of the the last few weeks in terms of fans, atmosphere and playing style. I hope the Board back Bucko for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Did anyone here go to the Monaghan game? Sounds depressing, loads of untaken chances and Monaghan score on the basis of a handful of half-chances.:confused:

I'd say we are staying in the First Division, the best thing for the club as it consolidates the huge success of the the last few weeks in terms of fans, atmosphere and playing style. I hope the Board back Bucko for this.

I wasn't there myself but hopefully we can get back on track against the Youths. One win in the last six does not make great reading. We're staying in this division for sure. Probably fighting for fourth or fifth to be honest.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I wasn't there myself but hopefully we can get back on track against the Youths. One win in the last six does not make great reading. We're staying in this division for sure. Probably fighting for fourth or fifth to be honest.

Are you going to the Youths game Smythy? Should be a good game. Do we need to buy a proper goalscorer. It seems we have a bunch of midfielders who are carrying the burden and I'm not sure Hynesy is an Adeybayor.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Are you going to the Youths game Smythy? Should be a good game. Do we need to buy a proper goalscorer. It seems we have a bunch of midfielders who are carrying the burden and I'm not sure Hynesy is an Adeybayor.:o

Yeah we need an all and out goalscorer to supplement the squad because we are pretty good defensively. Maybe next year is the year we make a proper attempt, or at least half attempt, at promotion. This year will give us an idea as to what is weak with the current set up. Still won't be easy with three teams coming down.

I might be missing for the Wexford game annoyingly. Will be the first home game i miss. Hopefully not though. Won't miss the Longford game though. Revenge would be sweet if we can inflict it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement