Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Fingal won 2-1 and Galway beat Bohs 3-2. Carlsberg don't do great starts to the weekend, but if they did...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

for tonite at least.........

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/235-01.html

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The league is really tight this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Fingal top of the league for the 1st time ever and now over 100,000 views of this thread. Enjoy the weekend folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

for tonite at least.........

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/235-01.html

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Its a beautiful, beautiful thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've deleted a few of the recent posts here as they were bordering on ganging-up on a specific poster. Sticking a smiley in an insulting or smart-assed post does not make the comment acceptable.

If it happens again I will ban you permanently from this thread. (You know who you are.)

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A good result last night. Both teams looked a bit nervous in the first half. Fingal took more control and had the better posession in the 2nd.

The league is certainly interesting this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Top of the League . Congrats to Management and players . We are really going places . Played really well last night and could have won by more . McFaul and Finn best centre mid partnership in the league . Roll on UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Great game. Great game. Great game.
    Thoroughly enjoyed that one. They played some fantastic football at times, Kirby and Fitzgerald were only class, as were the rest of the lads. Great applause for Gary o'Niell coming off for Glen Crowe, who in fairness did a great job in seeing out the last minutes. Holding onto the ball, when it went out, holding up their free kicks, and then just holding onto the ball.
    Cheers lads for a great game of football. Ucd and Bohs in the next week...
    Bring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Don't know if anyone has seen it but Setanta's newest ad states Airtricity live coverage starts this May on Setanta. Something to look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Liam Buckley is on MNS tonight.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone has seen it but Setanta's newest ad states Airtricity live coverage starts this May on Setanta. Something to look forward to

Dont have Setanta:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Clevedon

Does anyone know if there is a bus going to UCD???

Clevedon wrote: »

I have no Idea mate. Dont the Swords lads organise a bus sometimes?

Welcome to the thread bdw.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Liam Buckley is on MNS tonight.

A nice little bit of PR for the club. Conducted himself very well and only positive stuff from the panel:).

He mentioned the lusk Facility. Im wondering will anything happen to do with that any time soon.

He mentioned the Lusk Facility. Im wondering will anything happen to do with that any time soon.

Word is, money is the issue. They have some funds, but not enough for completion, so fund raising is key for the club. Major sponsors and such are being looked for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Big push on at the moment to promote the Bohemians game next Monday night in Morton. It will be one of the most important games of the season.

Volunteers for leaflet drops required. Hitting train stations in Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush & Lusk, Donabate, Malahide, Portmarnock and Blanchardstown on Thurs/Fri morning to get to commuters. Any takers?

JRCC wrote: »
    Big push on at the moment to promote the Bohemians game next Monday night in Morton. It will be one of the most important games of the season.

Volunteers for leaflet drops required. Hitting train stations in Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush & Lusk, Donabate, Malahide, Portmarnock and Blanchardstown on Thurs/Fri morning to get to commuters. Any takers?

In the words of The Jackson 5, 'I'll Be There' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Clevedon wrote: »

The 746 goes all the way from the airport out, get off at the montrose, cross the motorway and through the campus. (just checked the time table and the 7clock bus wud mean you might be 20 minutes late, 6 clock bus wud get you there for about 7ish)

The number 10 goes into campus (n11 entrance) but you still have to walk a fair bit.

The number 11a goes into campus on the sports end. (clonskeagh entrance)

The 746 goes all the way from the airport out, get off at the montrose, cross the motorway and through the campus. (just checked the time table and the 7clock bus wud mean you might be 20 minutes late, 6 clock bus wud get you there for about 7ish)

The number 10 goes into campus (n11 entrance) but you still have to walk a fair bit.

The number 11a goes into campus on the sports end. (clonskeagh entrance)

Thanks for that! Might drive instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

The 11 or 11a is one of the more convenient buses for UCD Bowl.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/11a

Drops passengers off at AIB bank, Clonskeagh Road gate into UCD.

The go 200 meters until you reach a small circle at the large Sports Centre. Take a left turn and follow the meandering route until a T-Junction. Right turn is to reccommended parking, left turn is to the Ticket Office and turnstiles of The UCD Bowl Stadium Park.

I'm looking forward to this game, Finn and Byrne Factor.

Will there be many coming down for this one?

LiamMc wrote: »
    The 11 or 11a is one of the more convenient buses for UCD Bowl.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/11a

Drops passengers off at AIB bank, Clonskeagh Road gate into UCD.

The go 200 meters until you reach a small circle at the large Sports Centre. Take a left turn and follow the meandering route until a T-Junction. Right turn is to reccommended parking, left turn is to the Ticket Office and turnstiles of The UCD Bowl Stadium Park.

I'm looking forward to this game, Finn and Byrne Factor.

Will there be many coming down for this one?

At a guess id say 50 to 60.

Im there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Yeah you can put me down for it. Great to see the club taking the bull by the horns with this match, looking forward to it.

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3047/Kids-go-Free-at-Morton-Stadium.aspx
    This is a great idea also so fair play to them. Primary kids in free

Won't be getting to tomorrow nights match, so its Extratime.ie match tracker again, hopefully 3 points, should be a good game of football from what i have seen of U.C.D. they have been playing some good football. Also Byrne and Finn factor as previously posted should add to the atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

The number 3 bus goes from Whitehall (opposite Bank of Ireland) to Belfield.

Parking in the Whitehall church car park and head across the road to pick up the number 3, sounds like a plan.

Advisable to check which number 3 goes to Belfield, some only go as far as Sandymount.;)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/3/

Seems like the handiest route to take.

I am driving by myself from Swords, season ticket holder - so if anyone wants a lift there and back to UCD, you can PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

You probably know this already but the UCD game is on tonight. (I only found out a minute ago!)

I'll be driving back to Swords area after the game if anyone wants a lift.

I predict a comfy 3-1 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

For any Fingal fans that can't make it to UCD tonight there will be a live blog running at Action81.com from 7pm onwards.

• Advertisement

I'll be there tonight. Looking forward to it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement