Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Hopefully a good game of football tonight. A chance to reclaim top spot which is a big incentive to get the win. A good 3 points there would be a major boost going into the Bohs game as well.

Plenty of leaflets where handed out this morning at Rush/lusk station so hopefully it will go some way to bringing a larger crowd into the stadium for the bohs game.

Crowe interview on extratime

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3305/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Won't be able to make it out tonight lads. Hurt my knee playin ball and had to sit out a game last night. Wouldn't be able to stand for the couple of hours. Have a wedding on Saturday so no game and I'll be grand for monday. Have the ticket already so I'll def be there. Enjoy the game anyway, I'll be keeping track of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Won't be able to make it out tonight lads. Hurt my knee playin ball and had to sit out a game last night. Wouldn't be able to stand for the couple of hours. Have a wedding on Saturday so no game and I'll be grand for monday. Have the ticket already so I'll def be there. Enjoy the game anyway, I'll be keeping track of it

Is it just me or does our Drummer seem a little like Torres or Robin van Persie, shows some great stuff at times but is always out bleedin injured:rolleyes::D
    See ya monday brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Plenty of leaflets where handed out this morning at Rush/lusk station so hopefully it will go some way to bringing a larger crowd into the stadium for the bohs game.
    http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3305/

Poor ol early morning commuters didnt know what we hit them with! More so the stationmaster. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Emmet Ryan wrote: »
    For any Fingal fans that can't make it to UCD tonight there will be a live blog running at Action81.com from 7pm onwards.

Link not working, great idea.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does our Drummer seem a little like Torres or Robin van Persie, shows some great stuff at times but is always out bleedin injured:rolleyes::D
    See ya monday brother

Drummer boy, that narrows it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Fingalgooner, Lamper, Rockee & Fonz - Congrats on a job well done. Wasn't the most enticing time to be meeting your fellow man this morning but fair play.

There will be beer!:D

Leaflet drops in Skerries, Donabate, Swords and Malahide over the weekend if anyone has an hour to spare.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Link not working, great idea.
    Links now fixed

Beasty

????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Very disappointing result.

The most entertaining part of the evening was the drumming contest between the two sets of fans. Well done lads.

That disallowed Gary O'Neil goal was on-side, so should have been allowed.

Otherwise ... a boring evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Not a very good match, Lorcan and Browne had a nightmare...Both sides could have won it, thought O'Neills goal was onside meself.

Terrible match. We picked it up a bit in the second half and had the lions share of possession but UCD had some clear cut chances that they should have scored from. Ref as usual was brutal.
    How Ger O Brien didnt get a free at the edge of their box in the second half ill never know.

Tired of all these draws. We are just not creating enough chances for all the possession we have.

Please tell me I didn't miss a drumming contest

Beasty wrote: »
    Links now fixed

Beasty

Thanks for that. As I was in the stand, didn't actually log in but will give it a go for an away match.
    Paulw wrote: »
    Very disappointing result.

The most entertaining part of the evening was the drumming contest between the two sets of fans. Well done lads.

That disallowed Gary O'Neil goal was on-side, so should have been allowed.

Otherwise ... a boring evening.

You're right Paul, it was a bit sour. Drum off was very good, very Morecambe and Wise I thought (that might be a bit old for some of you to get).

Will have to check MNS for off side, certain people beside me were in shock. Flag went up very early in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

Sorry about the issue with the link lads. We had an outage with the site that hit around the 70 minute mark of the game and wasn't rectified until later in the evening after full time. We're working to make sure that doesn't happen in future.

The new SF leisurewear will be available at the Bohs game. :)

Im hopeing they do FB sizes :D. Im retaining water, right :mad:

http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3058/Default.aspx

Big game tomorrow boys. I presume most will be going. I really hope we can do them tomorrow night. Tired of all these draws plus Rockee would like to see a win for once.;). Jinxing git:p

Hopefully a big turnout from the home support and a good game with a fingal win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I cant make it :mad:

I cant make it :mad:

Tut tut. shame on you. :D

Not a good game to be missing. Hope its for very good reasons;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If i went to Cahir for a friendly, you can bet i would go to Santry to see us beat Bohemian FC , especially after posting loads of flyers on cars in blanch shopping centre today :) .

Ive a week in Tipp to look forward to :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Just noticed that Sporting are 2/1 to win tonight, which seems very big odds to me. Or am I missing something (injuries?)

See Maher is doubtful (slight knee strain) late test to see if he can play tonight, which i suppose it could mean Paisley alongside Browne. I like Paisley but from the beginning of the season he has looked out of sorts committing some basic errors that have let teams back in against us. So i really hope Maher is passed fit.
    Other injuries are Frost and Barrett.
    Hope we get an early goal against Boh's and have a real go at them. Felt we showed them too much respect in our first game, and defended too much in midfield, so attack attack attack, Glen Crowe hat-trick in the last fifteen minutes and i can honestly say i would be best pleased.
    So hopefully a good game of footie on a monday night to start off the week.
    And hopefully a big turnout for the match, once again well done to the club for pushing the advertising for this match and hopefully it will be re-paid with bums on seats.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Please tell me I didn't miss a drumming contest

You have been out done me aul son, with your injuries there was always going to be competition for your place, who knows ya might be on the bench tonight...:eek:

If i went to Cahir for a friendly, you can bet i would go to Santry to see us beat Bohemian FC , especially after posting loads of flyers on cars in blanch shopping centre today :) .

Ive a week in Tipp to look forward to :mad:

Any football near you down there?:D

You have been out done me aul son, with your injuries there was always going to be competition for your place, who knows ya might be on the bench tonight...:eek:

LOL.

Always good to have competition for places. :D The reserve last week played a stormer, so it'll be tough regaining the position.

Hopefully the weather will hold for the game tonight. It should be a good game. Not easy to select the starting team, with most of the players fit again.

So, roll on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Tired of all these draws plus Rockee would like to see a win for once.;). Jinxing git:p

Feel free to throw any objects at me tonight should a draw be the final score. :D

Heading to the swiss for a few if any other Fingal fans want to join us. Will be there from about 6 o clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fonzycent88

count me in chappy. fingal vs bohs, stuff of legends this. i reckon 2-1 fingal, think conan is due one and reckon zayed for one too. just hope for a better performance than the ucd one, come on you fingal !!!!!

See you all there :)

Lamper is buyin haha ;)

count me in chappy. fingal vs bohs, stuff of legends this. i reckon 2-1 fingal, think conan is due one and reckon zayed for one too. just hope for a better performance than the ucd one, come on you fingal !!!!!

See you all there :)

Lamper is buyin One for himself

Fixed that for ya :p

• Advertisement

Very disappointed by the result. Fingal had the better chances in the first half but just weren't able to convert. Unfortunately, Bohs did convert. The first goal was very lucky, but the 2nd was well taken.

First home defeat of the season??

Time to go through my photos now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement