Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Very disappointed. Up until the 1st Bohs goal we had the better chances but for whatever reason we seem to keep on sh1tting ourselves in the final third. What was commented on numerous times was that Fingal were always a yard off the pace. We didnt zip it around in the same fashion as the first few games of the season. Conan had yet another stinker and Crowe was pedestrian at best. Im at a loss to conjure up any positives from tonights match, I really am!

Off the pitch however it was looking promising tonight, a lot of new faces about the ground wearing Fingal jerseys/scarves. I hope its the sign of things to come. We just have to try and keep performances like tonight to a minimum if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Rockee wrote: »
    Very disappointed. Up until the 1st Bohs goal we had the better chances but for whatever reason we seem to keep on sh1tting ourselves in the final third. What was commented on numerous times was that Fingal were always a yard off the pace. We didnt zip it around in the same fashion as the first few games of the season. Conan had yet another stinker and Crowe was pedestrian at best. Im at a loss to conjure up any positives from tonights match, I really am!

Off the pitch however it was looking promising tonight, a lot of new faces about the ground wearing Fingal jerseys/scarves. I hope its the sign of things to come. We just have to try and keep performances like tonight to a minimum if possible.

Have to agree with you on the football, bit of a stinker all around I thought although up to the minute before they scored we looked the better side. Something is missing from the squad from last season, not sure what. Is it pace?

1,500 was a good gate but there were cheers from the home stand when they scored. Still, it was a Monday night and that doesn't suit everyone.

Next home game on Tuesday 4th against Bray. Return of Robbie Doyle.. Off to Sligo in between.

New hoodies, polo shirts etc looked good in the club shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

still, look were ye are in the table, in such a sort space of time. ye make any club immensely jealous. how many clubs win a mjor trophy in within 5 years of establishment. fair play. i support of division one has been of a team and what buckely and the people behind the club have achieved is amazing. saw them on the first night of the season. future is looking bright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

:mad::(. Not Happy. Nuff said. Roll on sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was chatting to some of the players after the game. They were bitterly disappointed with the result. They played better than the scoreline showed.

But, on they go. Tough game next, away to Sligo, but no reason why they can't get a result.

We're really lacking goals, which is a big difference from last year.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    I was chatting to some of the players after the game. They were bitterly disappointed with the result. They played better than the scoreline showed.

But, on they go. Tough game next, away to Sligo, but no reason why they can't get a result.

We're really lacking goals, which is a big difference from last year.

O Neil needs support. He is isolated a lot of the time. Personally I would like to see Kirby back in the starting 11 and not in midfield. Id like to see him back in the attacking 3 if we are to stick with that formation. Kirby who was the fans player of the year last year, played some of his best football in that position out on the left. It was only injury to Kirby that allowed Zayed back in last year. While Zayed tends to only need one chance and he scores, he does little else. You can get away with that type of player to a degree if you have him up front but when your out left, the position requires more graft and effort. I dont think Zayed or Crowe for that matter can do this. Kirby can, imo of course.

Personally Id like to see the good old 4-4-2.

Clarke back in goals. Defence hasnt looked as good since quigley came back in.

The back four picks itself when all are fit. (sorry Paisley)

Mc Faul and Finn in the centre.

Kirby left and Conan right

Zayed and O Neil up front.

The amount of work O neil would put in would make up for the lack of work Zayed puts in, but for Zayed's finishing ability alone he would make up for it with goals and at the end of the day thats what you want from your striker.

Thats my two cents worth anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Ok, my team, as follows -
    Clarke
    O'Brien Browne Maher Fitzgerald
    McFaul Finn
    Byrne Quinn
    O'Neill Zayed
    A 4-2-2-2 formation, with Byrne and Quinn on the wings.

For some games, maybe pack the midfield, with Williams and Kirby (dropping Byrne and Quinn). That would allow O'Brien and Fitzgerald to get down the wings.

I would certainly prefer to see two up front in the centre, rather than Zayed/Crowe out near the touchlines.

Paulw wrote: »
    Ok, my team, as follows -
    Clarke
    McFaul Finn
    Byrne Quinn
    O'Neill Zayed
    A 4-2-2-2 formation, with Byrne and Quinn on the wings.

For some games, maybe pack the midfield, with Williams and Kirby (dropping Byrne and Quinn). That would allow O'Brien and Fitzgerald to get down the wings.

I would certainly prefer to see two up front in the centre, rather than Zayed/Crowe out near the touchlines.

I like the look of quinn alright. looks a decent player. We definitely have two very good attacking fullbacks. Both have good ability on the ball and are decent crossers of a ball. Esp lorcan. Unfortunately he didnt get enough opportunities last night.
    In a 4-4-2 formation the full backs can overlap the wingers to great effect at times and actually have two people to aim at when crossing. I think it was the swords celtic game where I seen Lorcan and quinn work very well together on that side. Still like Kirby though, but it shows we have very good options. Id love to see us at least try it. Doubt we will though, as we stuck with that formation last year even when it wasnt working at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

It hurts! just want to get that out of the way, before everything else.
    It hurt last night and this morning could not shake it either, so thats that!

In fairness i think Rockee summed up the match in his post so i can't add anything to that.
    What i would like to say is well done to the singing section you were, imo, your loudest i have heard you's be this season. At one stage i heard the Boh's fans shouting 'You're not singing any more' i have never heard away fans sing that back at us(although it's not what we wanted to be hearing) it just show's the level you reached. The combination of drums added to the noise level so give yourselves a pat on the back well done again.
    Credit to the Bohs fans big turnout from them and i have no argument about their goals, they took them well.

While i do not point at last nights performance just down to formation, i think there is scope for change.
    Kirby should be a starter and he is the difference of getting the balance right. its all well and good having players that can pass the ball about beautifully but you cannot pass the ball into the net against the likes of Bohs you need a Kirby to drive the thing into the net or to drag defenders away from O'Niel or Zayed and just force the game on them.
    a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2 would suit Zayed and O'Niel better.
    Whats the story with Clarke not getting on ahead of Quigley.
    Clarke
    Mc Faul
    Conan Finn Kirby
    O'Niel Zayed
    Btw it still hurts!

Yeah Paul i like Quinn too, along with Lamper there saw him in the preseason frendlies and thought the communication between him a Lorcan was class, not always the friendliest but always at each other to protect the left side of the pitch, guess he might be left back for the Sligo game if Frost is still injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Jesus, another mid week match on tuesday, have to miss that also, have sum
    tests comeing up, its torture being stuck down here in cork watching tele tex and refreshing the page every 2mins to get the score:( hopefully il get down to sligo on sat, miss cheering my team on.

tests comeing up, its torture being stuck down here in cork watching tele tex and refreshing the page every 2mins to get the score:( hopefully il get down to sligo on sat, miss cheering my team on.

You could always go see Cork foras hows your father city united :) Maybe they will be playing shels soon;).

Keep the faith lad. Am I right in thinking your not down there for the whole season?

Got me some new Fingal Leisurewear today. Looks great.

I took a photo of me wearing it, see what yous think

Heres the link

http://www.chilloutpoint.com/images/2009/april/fat/funny-fat-gigantic09.jpg

You could always go see Cork foras hows your father city united :) Maybe they will be playing shels soon;).

Keep the faith lad. Am I right in thinking your not down there for the whole season?

down here for 10 weeks but up the weekend, ive 6/7 weeks left,

yeah i was thinking bout goin to a cork match alright
    :p

Heres the link

Is it just me or have you lost a bit of christmas weight:D;)

Hey brother good to hear from ya, check out Matchtracker on Extratime.ie its not bad, and get your ar$e back up soon, viper and rockee are loosing the run of themselves

Hey brother good to hear from ya, check out Matchtracker on Extratime.ie its not bad, and get your ar$e back up soon, viper and rockee are loosing the run of themselves

il put them in there place when i get back :D

any new songs?

Rockee has a bag load, you can judge the quality for yourself, for me, lets just leave it at 'He has a nice personality and he tries....a lot' ;)
    only kiddin rockee, thought i heard one or two new ones last night, and as i previously posted the noise they created was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Rockee has a bag load, you can judge the quality for yourself, for me, lets just leave it at 'He has a nice personality and he tries....a lot' ;)
    only kiddin rockee, thought i heard one or two new ones last night, and as i previously posted the noise they created was class.

:D Bags of new songs that'd work but some of the young lads we have just wouldnt get them!

Is it just me or have you lost a bit of christmas weight:D;)

Not really me by the way. just in case anybody was thinking it was:( :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Heres the link

Jeez, Lamper. You've lost a good bit of weight!

JRCC wrote: »
    Jeez, Lamper. You've lost a good bit of weight!

Better than the early days:D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xPavWP4gVkw/SgPDZ2UR9BI/AAAAAAAADaE/ecYnBgzUg-4/s400/fat-guy-in-chair-thumb.jpg

Is it the front or the back:confused:

A good post by a decent Poster on Foot.ie. I know it doesnt happen very often:o

The question is why does he like football?

He answers it beautifully, IMO

I love everything about supporting Pats. From getting the fixtures and planning holidays around it. Getting excited at each rumour linking us to a top player. Trying to convince myself the donkey we've signed "will do a job". Going to pre-season games infront of 100 people and being genuinely excited to be "back". Proclaiming someone who scores in that pre-season kick about as "the new Gormley". 25 minutes later calling the same lad "the new Sean Mannion" and apologising to Gormley. Being anxious to see what the new kit looks ike and praying it doesn't have a big green blob on it. I love the lead up to the opening game of the season. Collecting my season ticket. First pint in Mcdowells with friends you haven't seen in months. Getting the programme and realising that a player you hate has signed for "them". I love being in Richmond Park despite its obvious flaws. I love the feeling of relief everytime the keeper catches an "up and under". I love the banter. I love screaming abuse at a player because 6 years ago he scored against us and stuck his fingers up at Pats fans. I love my centre midfielders clattering into tackles. I love a winger beating 2 and whipping a ball to the back post. I love handy victories. I love my stomache being in knots for the week leading up to big games. I love getting the bus to away games and drinking until I'm stupidly drunk, I love overnighting in towns around Ireland. I love watching Cup draws. I love getting a home draw. I love getting an away draw and convincing myself it'll be a great trip. I love the feeling of unity as fans walk towards turnstiles. I love last minute winners, I love last minute equalisers more. I love wearing a Pats t-shirt or jersey abroad and having great conversation with random Europeans about football. I love that Paul McGrath played for Pats. I love biting my nails when we have our backs to the wall defending a lead. I love seeing a guy in a Rovers top the day after beating them and having a smug grin on me. I love knowing he knows why I'm smiling too. I love going to places like Riga, Berlin, Gothenburg, Odense. I love reading old programmes. Ilove re-watching Pats goals on the internet over and over again. I love watching Soccer Saturday on Sky and seeing players who played for Pats pop up as scorers in the Scottish first division (and similar). I love knowing that even when we're **** we're still the best club around. I love boring the pants off people on the internet writing long winded love letters to Pats and football. I love being a part of a footballing community. I love being a football fan.

many goin tomoro nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

For those of you who are or aren't goin to the game tomorrow and need a fix of football before tuesday's game, my team (Amber Celtic) are playin in a Shield final in the Sportslink in Santry at 3 on monday. Nothing like you'll see in Morton but a chance to see the next Mr. Browne/Mr. Maher in action. (minus the drum of course) :D

ViperGTS wrote: »
    For those of you who are or aren't goin to the game tomorrow and need a fix of football before tuesday's game, my team (Amber Celtic) are playin in a Shield final in the Sportslink in Santry at 3 on monday. Nothing like you'll see in Morton but a chance to see the next Mr. Browne/Mr. Maher in action. (minus the drum of course) :D

rather watch computer v computer on fifa :p
    < only joking, good luck in the final >

many goin tomoro nite?

I doubt there will be many.

Cant make this one myself. Dont have the cash. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Shock horror @JohnNightmare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement