Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Rockee wrote: »
    Glen Crowe, amazing box to box player.

Snack box to Family box.

Why take the piss out of our own ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Why take the piss out of our own ?

Not quite taking the p1ss, I just think he can do a lot more. He can barely raise a jog at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Another good article by Eamon Zayed - http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3407/

And he also mentions Conan's 100th game this Fri.

Looking forward to the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Read this morning that we were granted the UEFA licence for 10/11. Roll on the Ravens on Tour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Kevin, who works on our programme, is a Bohemians supporter, and being the good fan that he is, he had his dad waiting in a car outside the studios after the programme, to drop him over to Morton Stadium to try to catch the last half hour or so of the Sporting Fingal v Bohemians match last Monday week.

Despite the fact the he and his friend were each willing to fork out 15 hard-earned euro to Sporting, they were denied entry to the ground. Their crime? Arriving too late! Having been told that they couldn't come in by a jobsworth, a Garda then came over and asked the lads why they'd want to pay in to watch 'that **** anyway?'.

The two lads (customers) were then told to clear off, so the friend who had spent 25 euro on a taxi to Santry for the match did so in vain. How can any club treat potential customers like this? It sounds like a case for Fergal Quinn
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/conmurphy/
    some bad press for us....anyone know why they would be refused entrance.
    Ive gone late a few times to matches (sometimes so late they just let me in without paying...) never had a problem but ye....

ps can we started getting excited for the Europa League yet??
    Will be able to play in Morton Stadium (with 800 seats, hardly...so that means...Dalymount...?)

edit:
    Stadiums must be all-seated and have a minimum capacity of 3,000;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories#Category_two
    not much hope there...

• Advertisement

Sporting Fingal were granted a UEFA (european) license to host games. So, there will be European home games in Morton this year.

As for people getting in ... maybe that query/complaint should be addressed directly by the club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Its not his friend Paul, click the link its on MNS in behind the scenes with Con Murphy. That ain't good press.

With regards to the uefa licence. :D:D:D:D:):D and just one more for effect:D
    Guess it will be dalymount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

With regards to the uefa licence. :D:D:D:D:):D and just one more for effect:D
    Guess it will be dalymount

Yep, it's Dalymount. And yes, it's time to start getting excited about the Europa Cup. The draw is only a matter of weeks away, we'll be jetting off to play our game before you can say "Conan Byrne has 100 starts under his belt."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Does anybody know when the draw is made? Also what dates will our first games be played?

EDIT Found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League

I was getting worried Id be away for the europa games but thank god we are in the second round. If it was the first round I would have missed both games due to Holyers. :( but we are not in the first round so happy days :).

Draw date: 21 of june

Frist leg: 15 july
    Second leg: 22 july

Ireland Under 23 squad:

D Quigley (Fingal), R Duggan (Shamrock Rvs) S Conneely (Galway) G Breen (Dundalk), S Mulcahy (Cork), K Browne (Fingal) C Powell (Bohs), I Bermingham (Pats) R Finn (Fingal), G Bolger (UCD), J Chambers (Shamrock Rvs), S O’Donnell (Galway) B Dennehy (Shamrock Rvs), R Gaynor (Dundalk), G McCabe (Sligo), S Williams (Fingal) P Byrne (Pats) K Sheppard (Galway) P Amond (Sligo) P Madden (Bohs)

Nice to see a few of the Fingal lads there.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    Ireland Under 23 squad:

D Quigley (Fingal), R Duggan (Shamrock Rvs) S Conneely (Galway) G Breen (Dundalk), S Mulcahy (Cork), K Browne (Fingal) C Powell (Bohs), I Bermingham (Pats) R Finn (Fingal), G Bolger (UCD), J Chambers (Shamrock Rvs), S O’Donnell (Galway) B Dennehy (Shamrock Rvs), R Gaynor (Dundalk), G McCabe (Sligo), S Williams (Fingal) P Byrne (Pats) K Sheppard (Galway) P Amond (Sligo) P Madden (Bohs)

Good to see the lads get some recognition alright. Hopefully they will come back from the game fully fit.

Does anybody know when the draw is made? Also what dates will our first games be played?

EDIT Found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League

I was getting worried Id be away for the europa games but thank god we are in the second round. If it was the first round I would have missed both games due to Holyers. :( but we are not in the first round so happy days :).

Draw date: 21 of june

Frist leg: 15 july
    Second leg: 22 july

You jammy git :D

Ireland Under 23 squad:

Delighted to see a few Fingal names there. Im convinced if Lorcan wasnt out for a few weeks he'ed have his place in the squad too. Though no Shane McFaul?? :eek:

You jammy git :D

:D. Yes I am. Thank god.
    When I seen the dates for the first round I was so disapopinted but I forgot it was the second round we started off in. So happy days:)

:D. Yes I am. Thank god.
    When I seen the dates for the first round I was so disapopinted but I forgot it was the second round we started off in. So happy days:)

The draw is on the 21st of June but you need to wait for a confirmation of the fixture from UEFA before you go booking tickets. Nothing worse than hearing the draw and immediately booking flights and accommodation only for the fixture to change shortly afterwards.

Ireland Under 23 squad:

Sporting Fingal has the highest representation of any League of Ireland team in the squad. Something to be proud of.

The draw for the LFA Senior Cup Semi Finals was made in Abbotstown and is as follows:

Shelbourne v Sporting Fingal
    Bray Wanderers or Dundalk v U C D

(Dates to be announced)

JRCC wrote: »
    Shelbourne v Sporting Fingal

Gavin? Gavin? Where for art thou Gavin?

Had a feeling we would meet them boyz during this season, let the games commence.:D

The draw is on the 21st of June but you need to wait for a confirmation of the fixture from UEFA before you go booking tickets. Nothing worse than hearing the draw and immediately booking flights and accommodation only for the fixture to change shortly afterwards.

If we get drawn against Bangor City, could we ask for the away leg to be played in the afternoon so we can get the ferry back afterwards? :) Their ground is 2 minutes from the train station :) That is if they get to play there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Rockee wrote: »
    Gavin? Gavin? Where for art thou Gavin?

he's having fun in division 1:p

but im sure he'll have loads of things to say shortly:rolleyes:

My fellow Ravens. I think I have come up with my best chant yet :) "We all play for the Under 23's, the Under 23's, the Under 23's. We all play for the Under 23's, the Under 23's, the Under 23's. And number 1 is Quigley, and number 4 is Williams. And number 5 is Kenny Browne, and number 8 is Ronan Finn. We all play for the Under 23's....." not 100% on my squad numbers but it can be worked out on the night. Still unsure for tomorrow. I'm like an addict doin cold turkey after missin the last few games :D

ViperGTS wrote: »
    My fellow Ravens. I think I have come up with my best chant yet :) "We all play for the Under 23's, the Under 23's, the Under 23's. We all play for the Under 23's, the Under 23's, the Under 23's. And number 1 is Quigley, and number 4 is Williams. And number 5 is Kenny Browne, and number 8 is Ronan Finn. We all play for the Under 23's....." not 100% on my squad numbers but it can be worked out on the night. Still unsure for tomorrow. I'm like an addict doin cold turkey after missin the last few games :D

Good work my son! Another thing we have to do is sing Conans name something fierce. making his 100th consecutive appearance for the Fingal tomorrow evening.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A bit of harmless banter is fine, but let's keep it at that level. Any deliberate winding-up of other posters will result in infractions and/or bans.

Beasty

I doubt he will be. A lot of crap is going on at their club at the mo. Keeping a low profile is probably the best option.

When we wake up, yeah we know we’re gonna be, we’re gonna be the club who plays europa league.
    When we go away, yeah we know we’re gonna be, we’re gonna be the club to break the Drogheda hearts
    When we get there, yeah we know we’re gonna be, we’re gonna be the club with the best right-wing
    When he comes out, yeah we know we’re gonna cheer, we’re gonna cheer the man we all have come to see.

CAUSE HE HAS PLAYED ONE HUNDRED GAMES
    AND HE WILL PLAY ONE HUNDRED MORE
    JUST TO BE THE MAN WE’VE COME TO CALL
    THE MIGHTY MIGHTY CONAN BYRNE

Da the da da, Da the da da,
    Da the da da, Da the da da
    Da de da de de da da
    Conan Byrne

Congrats to Conan. No player has done more for the club both on and off the pitch and Id just like to say thank you.

Ah here FG. I have trouble rememberin my little solo bit for the 'played alive' one. I'll be killed tryin to learn that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Sporting Fingal were granted a UEFA (european) license to host games. So, there will be European home games in Morton this year.
    All licences are awarded subject to the grounds meeting the criteria for a UEFA Category 2 stadium

Morton hardly fits the stadium 2 criteria. With 800 seats? we need 2200 seats installed by july...? not t o mention the other criteria

Stadiums must be all-seated and have a minimum capacity of 3,000;

The playing surface dimensions must be 100-110 metres in length and 64-75 metres in width;

Stadiums must have a security control room;

Must provide seating for at least 400 VIPs and 200 visiting team VIP;

The floodlights must light the pitch to an illuminance of at least 800-1400 lux towards fixed cameras and 500-1000 lux towards mobile cameras;

There must be at least two TV studios within the stadium with dimensions 5x5x2.3 metres;

In case of power failure, independent back-up power supply to provide no less than two-thirds of the equivalent light intensity without interruption;

Minimum of 100 VIP secured parking;

No standing spectators allowed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories#Category_two

That said i could be wrong.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement