Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Dear Viper,
    You will learn it, and you will love IT:D and there will be questions on it...
    for example how many "de"s in the chorus!
    and no peeping over Lamps shoulder he's writing a letter to the weather girl off Sky Sports!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I can't comment on all the criteria with certanty ... but ...

Temporary seating can be erected in the "away" stand, and also in the side area beside the main stand, to bring it up to the minimum seating requirement. That would take 2 days to erect.

The pitch qualifies for the playing area.

The lights meet the standard. Not sure about backup power, but would assume something is already in place, since the stadium meets the standard for international athletics.

There is already a security control room.

There is already a press area, and 3 if you use the lower press area too.

There is (I believe) enough parking spaces.

I think, with a little work, the stadium would meet the necessary criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

JRCC wrote: »
    Yep, it's Dalymount. And yes, it's time to start getting excited about the Europa Cup. The draw is only a matter of weeks away, we'll be jetting off to play our game before you can say "Conan Byrne has 100 starts under his belt."

Not sure if yous seen this lads (Paul/sparky)

Dear Viper,
    You will learn it, and you will love IT:D and there will be questions on it...
    for example how many "de"s in the chorus!
    and no peeping over Lamps shoulder he's writing a letter to the weather girl off Sky Sports!:)

ahhhhhhhhhhh. The lovely Lucy Verasamy

s

The future Mrs Lamper:)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I didn't get the gist of the whole letter thing but if thats her I can only presume it a letter requesting she come see me and the 'big one'. I mean the way I bang that thing i'm not surprised good lookin women are turning their heads. And lest not forget my rhythm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fonzycent88

aww man, love the versammy one. shes a leeds fan aswell :p off to see the drogs game in a bit and hoping for a quality 5-0 win but expecting 3-1 to the fingal. please god let crowe be dropped, cant handle another 80 mins of that again. williams for centreback again me thinks :P.

come on the fingal :D

I'd say he will Fonzy. Maher is a doubt and with Browne now suspended for accumulated yellow cards and Paisley out with a chest injury it could be O'Brien and Williams again. Not that bad a thing in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

just bout to leave the gaff, come on the fingal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Just got home from another draw. :D << The lads who I go to the games with know why thats a smiley by the way.

It was pretty much an instant replay of the Bray game last Tuesday, the only difference being that Drogheda scored. Finn took his goal very well but straight afterwards we sat back yet again and invited the opposition onto us.

The Drogs player took his goal very well but thats cold comfort because prior to that it was endless balls into the box and when the goal went in it almost had an air of inevitability about it.

We continue to miss that cutting edge up front and personally Id like to see Keith Quinn and Gary O'Neill together to add some much needed spark to our attack.

Rockee wrote: »
    Just got home from another draw. :D << The lads who I go to the games with know why thats a smiley by the way.

It was pretty much an instant replay of the Bray game last Tuesday, the only difference being that Drogheda scored. Finn took his goal very well but straight afterwards we sat back yet again and invited the opposition onto us.

The Drogs player took his goal very well but thats cold comfort because prior to that it was endless balls into the box and when the goal went in it almost had an air of inevitability about it.

We continue to miss that cutting edge up front and personally Id like to see Keith Quinn and Gary O'Neill together to add some much needed spark to our attack.

Jinxy git:p Nah. One of the best additions to the fingal faithfull.;)

As for the match. Pretty much went how Rockee described it. It was the bray game with an equaliser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

We dominated the 1st half and it could have been 3-0 at haft time . Second half different story and I think if it wasn't for Darren Quigley we would have lost . When you have a makeshift back four you will concede if the amount of ball coming at them is not stopped at source . . Was Gary O'Neill injured ? . Dont think the idea of starting Glen Crowe is working . Eamonn Zayed out left is too easy for the opposition to mark as he has no left foot.

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    We dominated the 1st half and it could have been 3-0 at haft time . Second half different story and I think if it wasn't for Darren Quigley we would have lost . When you have a makeshift back four you will concede if the amount of ball coming at them is not stopped at source . . Was Gary O'Neill injured ? . Dont think the idea of starting Glen Crowe is working . Eamonn Zayed out left is too easy for the opposition to mark as he has no left foot.

No. He was warming up in front of the away stand in the second half.

Totally agree with you about Zayed and Crowe. I hope Crowe does come good and Zayed is wasted when put out left. Zayed was in the centre for some of the game though.

Cant get my head around bringing on Colm James(good player btw) when we needed to get the win. We settled for the draw against a team who have conceded 25 or so goals already this season and are second bottom. If we want to make an impression on this league this year, we have to be putting these teams away. Not going one up and then deciding after ten or so minutes in the second half to settle for the 1 goal win. We have to secure the second goal and then play on the break. We got away with it in sligo and the same against Bray. Unfortunately last night we where found out. Id love to know how many games it is now that we went ahead only to sit back and let the team get an equaliser. (too lazy to work it out at the mo)

The frustrating thing so far this season is the fact I hav nt seen one team yet that we should fear. When we are on our game we have been better than most of the sides we have played but we keep going back to this negative crap. Why cant we take it to the opposition and stop pretending that we are just a promoted team so we need to feel our way into this league. Bvllsh1t. We have one of the best squads in the league and its about time we started to show this.

The result was very disappointing. Quigley played well and made some very good saves.

We are really lacking that final finish. Someone to just put the ball in the net.

I still think we should play Zayed and Crowe/O'Neill directly through the centre. We have the squad, we have the team, we have the players ... we just lack that special thing.

The midfield is playing well. Finn is playing brilliantly and making great runs. McFaul is passing and controlling.

I'm frustrated that we're just not getting the results that we should.

Paulw wrote: »
    The result was very disappointing. Quigley played well and made some very good saves.

We are really lacking that final finish. Someone to just put the ball in the net.

I still think we should play Zayed and Crowe/O'Neill directly through the centre. We have the squad, we have the team, we have the players ... we just lack that special thing.

The midfield is playing well. Finn is playing brilliantly and making great runs. McFaul is passing and controlling.

I'm frustrated that we're just not getting the results that we should.

Agree with you on Quigley. He has improved as each game has gone on. Starting to look more and more like the Keeper we originally signed.

Still prefer Clarke though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

No. He was warming up in front of the away stand in the second half.

He has a problem with his abductor muscle and can only play the last 10-15 minutes of matches. Thats why he wasn't out on the pitch with the rest of the lads at half time yesterday and against Bray.

I'm delighted our next game isn't for 2 weeks against Rovers (Pat's game off due to the Setanta final). Will give Gary time to get fit, Maher and Browne back in defence and Williams and O'Brien back to their normal positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

I can't comment on all the criteria with certanty ... but ...

Temporary seating can be erected in the "away" stand, and also in the side area beside the main stand, to bring it up to the minimum seating requirement. That would take 2 days to erect.

The pitch qualifies for the playing area.

The lights meet the standard. Not sure about backup power, but would assume something is already in place, since the stadium meets the standard for international athletics.

There is already a security control room.

There is already a press area, and 3 if you use the lower press area too.

There is (I believe) enough parking spaces.

I think, with a little work, the stadium would meet the necessary criteria.

Ha well you seem to know a lot more than i do, just assumed 2200 would be too much to do in temp seating. The rte site mentioned (and the discussion on foot.ie) that UEFA have to go visit oriel park to check it etc there doesnt seem to be any such "concern" for morton....?

Ha well you seem to know a lot more than i do, just assumed 2200 would be too much to do in temp seating. The rte site mentioned (and the discussion on foot.ie) that UEFA have to go visit oriel park to check it etc there doesnt seem to be any such "concern" for morton....?

That's due to the pitch in Oriel.

But, Fingal will (as was already said) be playing in Dalymount. Too much hassle to get Morton ready (never mind cost).

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    He has a problem with his abductor muscle and can only play the last 10-15 minutes of matches. Thats why he wasn't out on the pitch with the rest of the lads at half time yesterday and against Bray.

I'm delighted our next game isn't for 2 weeks against Rovers (Pat's game off due to the Setanta final). Will give Gary time to get fit, Maher and Browne back in defence and Williams and O'Brien back to their normal positions.

Cheers for the info. That makes a bit of sense. I couldnt understand why he was left out.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »

we are playing on monday away to Dundalk
    http://www.sportingfingal.ie/Home/tabid/1259/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sporting60s

congratulations to the reserves,who beat fc carlow on penos in the semi final of the cup in carlow today.the game ended 2-2.clarkey was the only senior player playing,and scored fingals first peno,while saving three of carlows penos,fingal play the winner of bohs v castlebar in the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I think the final may be next week end so with the Pats game postponed then it would be a good time to have a good turn out for it and hopefully the club will get their finger out and tell us the time date and location of the final as there are some of us who would like to go and watch the A side as well.

I think the final may be next week end so with the Pats game postponed then it would be a good time to have a good turn out for it and hopefully the club will get their finger out and tell us the time date and location of the final as there are some of us who would like to go and watch the A side as well.

thats asking alot, most of the time they dont update the website about the fingal's first team never mind anything else:mad: ( sorry for all those involved on the website, but its true:mad:)

Out of the cup. We lost 2-0. :(

I think the final may be next week end

No date yet for that game. It may be a week or two at least.

Shame about the result tonight. In fairness, Dundalk played well. Fingal had some good chances, but the ball just didn't fall the right way.

With so many team injuries, it's good we're out of one competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Good to see we broke our record away attendance tonight for a league cup game.:D

I was talking to Robbie Horgan and he said it would be a while yet as the other semi isnt due to be played until the end of the month .

The Newstalk cup will do instead of the league cup as its only a teapot anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Rockee wrote: »
    Gavin? Gavin? Where for art thou Gavin?
    he's having fun in division 1:p

but im sure he'll have loads of things to say shortly:rolleyes:

Yous called?:p

I doubt he will be. A lot of crap is going on at their club at the mo. Keeping a low profile is probably the best option.

Huh!?:confused:

Although it's already been made clear yous will be playing out of Dalyer, I doubt the FAI would allow temp seats to be put in the terracing, how that terrace meets licensing arrangments and the Connaught St Stand in Dalyer or Ballybough End in Tolka don't, is beyond me.

Yous called?:p

Huh!?:confused:

Board and supporters group. Hows the atmosphere been the last two games

Although it's already been made clear yous will be playing out of Dalyer, I doubt the FAI would allow temp seats to be put in the terracing, how that terrace meets licensing arrangments and the Connaught St Stand in Dalyer or Ballybough End in Tolka don't, is beyond me.

He is a pro.
    Iv got to hand to ya. You have managed to take a conversation that is long since resolved and turn it into a veiled dig.

Playing in dalyer to temp seats to how that terrace is allowed and ours isnt:) Good stuff Gav, never fail to amuse;)

Its all a conspiracy to bring about the demise of shells dont ya know. Its been in the Fingal mission statement since we have began. Actually all Fingal fans have to swear an oath to do everything in our power to bring an end to Shells if possible, otherwise they dont let you in. If we do swear this oath we get free tickets to all the games, also a free apartment with a choice of a BMW or Jag (nice:D). We also have to let the council keep there files in our houses. (mine's in my sock drawer)
    Pretty sweet deal for us tbh, due to the fact we would have to do feck all to help the demise of Shells anyway, as they seem determind to do it to themselves.
    Ahhhhhhh Iv missed this. We shouldnt leave it so long next time.

All the best Gav:p

Ah Lamper I got a way better deal than you. I got the 2 bed in Northern Cross, the 3 series, free bin collection and landscape gardening once a year in my Semi in Kinsealy

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Ah Lamper I got a way better deal than you. I got the 2 bed in Northern Cross, the 3 series, free bin collection and landscape gardening once a year in my Semi in Kinsealy

You git. You must have got the gold membership season ticket with added super duper fantastico bonus stuffy direct from the council. You the man ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Board and BD thing is aload of gick alright Lamper, not the reason I haven't been over here though, forgot that you's existed tbh.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement