Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Now I know why you got what you got if ya think the gold season ticket is the best. I'm on the platinum bundle me. Free burger and chips at half time to name one of the many little extras our rich club can afford to give their fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

With the pats game postponed, does anyone know if there is a friendly planned this weekend, and if so, where and when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I know the club wanted one and were hoping to arrange one, but I don't think anything has been arranged. I haven't heard anything more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Board and BD thing is aload of gick alright Lamper, not the reason I haven't been over here though, forgot that you's existed tbh.:)

Thats ok. Its good practice for when Shells dont:p

Now back to PD issues.

Where are those keys to my jag

With the pats game postponed, does anyone know if there is a friendly planned this weekend, and if so, where and when ?
    Paulw wrote: »
    I know the club wanted one and were hoping to arrange one, but I don't think anything has been arranged. I haven't heard anything more.

Would it not be better to let the players have a rest? A lot of games have been played lately and a lot more to come. We have some injuries and dont need any more tbh. I think there is no harm in not adding another date to an already over crowded fixture list.

• Advertisement

Zayed talks a bit of sense as usual

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3454/

Would it not be better to let the players have a rest?

I guess there is logic to both sides of teh arguement. I think Buckley wanted to keep them match fit and active. But, yes, the walking wounded could use a break, never mind those going away for the U23 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Wonder where he and the other players weigh in on the man u v LoI XI....

As a Man U fan, thought it was a great idea until i realised when it was on....
    Europa League ;)
    Third qualifying round second leg 5 August 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League#Round_and_draw_dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Wonder where he and the other players weigh in on the man u v LoI XI....
    [/url]

At this stage I wouldn't have him near the team, easily our worst regularly playing player this season.

Hopefully we will still be in Europe so we won't have to send any players to play in that friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I guess there is logic to both sides of teh arguement. I think Buckley wanted to keep them match fit and active. But, yes, the walking wounded could use a break, never mind those going away for the U23 games.

Rumor has it we were trying to arrange that LSC game against Shels but I dunno if its going ahead now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Good stuff from Eamo again, but he would want to watch himself of late his articles have been his best contribution to football...

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Rumor has it we were trying to arrange that LSC game against Shels but I dunno if its going ahead now.

That would have made sense. If Shells where available of course.

Jaysus 3years ago i was just delighted i had a local club to support.
    Now we are talking about players getting called up for the u23s Ireland squad, we might not be able to release players to play Manchester utd in a friendly because of our commitments in Europe(if we progress, fingers crossed).
    Nobody wake me, this will do just nicely:D

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3169/Sporting-Fingal-Family-Fun-Day.aspx

More good work from the club there, looks like a great day out for the family and who knows a decent game of football thrown in as well.
    Sure where else would ya wanna be on a saturday afternoon, than watching live football, eating burgers and putting one past Freddie in goals.
    Should be good craic:D

In the RDS to watch Leinster win the Magner's League final??? :D

It should be a good day out, and hopefully a good game too. Now, I just have to see if I will be there or not. Damn conflict of schedules. :mad:

Don't be minding them egg-chasers Paul, they'll only dissapoint ya;)
    Only kiddin brother at least we finally got off page 171, thought at one stage that was it the thread was coming to its end...
    You have to be there, it's confirmation and communion season(i think) so plenty of chances to get some business mate, and sure ya never know if Viper brings his drum he might just let ya bang it a few times:)

Ah, but I'm a southsider (originally), and rugby would be my first sport, as such. LOL.

Communion/confirmation stuff is what I stay away from. I have a set business model, and those are not included.

I just need to investigate the times, and my "contractual obligations" to both events. :confused:

In the RDS to watch Leinster win the Magner's League final??? :D

It should be a good day out, and hopefully a good game too. Now, I just have to see if I will be there or not. Damn conflict of schedules. :mad:

Cmon the Welsh :) With a Welsh side in the final who has a large support from where im from i know which game i will be at .

Sporting Fingal of course :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

thought at one stage that was it the thread was coming to its end...

Could still happen if you keep straying off-topic...;)

After 29 months and 2,500+ posts, you all seem to have finally run out of things to say about SF. Is this the beginning of the end? (or the end of the beginning - are you simply re-grouping in advance of your march towards the Aviva next May?)

Not too much to say when there are no games. :D

Roll on Fri ... game against Shamrock Rovers.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »

After 29 months and 2,500+ posts, you all seem to have finally run out of things to say about SF. Is this the beginning of the end? (or the end of the beginning - are you simply re-grouping in advance of your march towards the Aviva next May?)

We are just giving the thread Mods a bit of a break :D

Mervue at home in the third round of the cup. Our defence of the cup starts here :D

And sure that'll do nicely, any dates given?

Beasty wrote: »

Never. How very dare you;).
    I will never let it die. If I have to talk about how the new paint in Morton is drying nicely then Ill do so :).
    Its lasted this long, through a lot of crap (some of it mine) and it will last a lot longer.

Cheers to Dsmythy for starting it off all those years ago (well two and a half anyway). I bet he never thought it would last this long.
    Fairplay to CSF/DSB for all those pointless merry go round arguments. Fairplay to GavinShellllls;) for all his exagerations and some down right lies about fingal.
    Fairplay to Pineapple stu (The real one ;)) for being one of the best consistent posters on here and the post of the year too.
    Fairplay to Paul for the photos and some good arguments in the soccer section. We badly needed the backup at that time.
    Fairplay to Hillbilly for finally getting a handle on all the bvllsh1t that was going on in here. (It was all there fault you know:p)
    Fairplay to all the new lads who have come on board this year and before. Not going to mention all, yous know who you are.

Its the most popular thread in this section and it will stay that way:D.

So yeah. Whos headng to the Rover's game.

And sure that'll do nicely, any dates given?

First weekend in June.

First weekend in June.

Great stuff. We have had two enjoyable years in the cup. So definitely want another good run this year. Who knows maybe we can defend the cup title. The end to last years season was one of the most exciting times iv ever had in supporting football. Just loved the day out at Tallaght.

Great stuff. We have had two enjoyable years in the cup. So definitely want another good run this year. Who knows maybe we can defend the cup title. The end to last years season was one of the most exciting times iv ever had in supporting football. Just loved the day out at Tallaght.

And this year, the final will be in the new Aviva stadium. Now that could be a great day out. Fingal have already shown that they have no reason to fear any team. Hopefully a good cup run ahead.

And this year, the final will be in the new Aviva stadium. Now that could be a great day out. Fingal have already shown that they have no reason to fear any team. Hopefully a good cup run ahead.

Who knows, maybe two visits to the Aviva stadium by Fingal. One in the FAI Cup and the other in the Europa League final ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fairplay to Hillbilly for finally getting a handle on all the bvllsh1t that was going on in here. (It was all there fault you know:p)
    Thanks Lamper.

And fair play to you for eventually getting to grips with how boards.ie works & not getting banned or infracted half as much as you used to. ;):p

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Thanks Lamper.

And fair play to you for eventually getting to grips with how boards.ie works & not getting banned or infracted half as much as you used to. ;):p

I feel iv matured both on the net and off, as a man and a human being :D Or I just copped on to the wums and learned to ignore ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement