Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

A win is a must on friday to keep us in the mix, with the Pats game in hand. Do we have the use of the U23 players on friday and do we get a game postponed if they are on international duties and we have a game that week seeing we have 4 in the squad?
    Anyone know when the re arranged Pats match will be?

I may get my face painted ( que the wise cracks :) ) at the fun day out before the galway match :) and i want a monkey hat with a wobbly Raven on the top :).

A note to the powers that be , would it be a good idea to sell various sized Sporting Fingal flags in the club shop? It may add a bit more colour on match days if a few people have bought some. Get some diffrent designs and wordings. Various sizes of the big white on etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Do we have the use of the U23 players on friday and do we get a game postponed if they are on international duties and we have a game that week seeing we have 4 in the squad?

I'll ask them this evening when I see them at the game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

A win is a must on friday to keep us in the mix, with the Pats game in hand. Do we have the use of the U23 players on friday and do we get a game postponed if they are on international duties and we have a game that week seeing we have 4 in the squad?
    Anyone know when the re arranged Pats match will be?

I may get my face painted ( que the wise cracks :) ) at the fun day out before the galway match :)and i want a monkey hat with a wobbly Raven on the top :).

A note to the powers that be , would it be a good idea to sell various sized Sporting Fingal flags in the club shop? It may add a bit more colour on match days if a few people have bought some. Get some diffrent designs and wordings. Various sizes of the big white on etc .

look more like a raven with a wobbly monkey underneath :p

:D

The Fingal lads all played very well last night. Kenny Browne got a full 90 min. Williams, Quigley and Finn were changed at half time, but Finn was brought on again for the last 10 min.

They will all be back with Fingal for the game Friday, and then gone again on Sunday to the U23 squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The Fingal Multi-Sports Complex (Home in the future hopefully:o)

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/premium/news/phasing-of-projects-to-be-changed-2184082.html?start=2#premiumcontent

Its only a small part of the actual article in The Fingal Independant.

The full article goes on to state that the Council are only intending to give over €200,000 this year towards the project from an originally intended € 1.25m

I dont know if this a good thing or not. While its nice to hear that the project might finally get started, its a fair bit less than what was earmarked. Is this a problem or not? I dont know. What would €200,000 get you when building the complex?

I guess Ill remain positive and be happy we may actually get the diggers in sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Up the LUAS we go! :) I wonder if Rovers can find a way to actually beat us for once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Heres Johnny!
    At last i've returned, well not really. Unfortunately I won't be here to witness the return to Tallaght stadium. The place of our cup triumph last season. I'll be sippin pints in a bar in sunny Spain tommorrow so anyone with my digits, feel free to update. Its been sooooo long since i've been to a game but with things at "home" on the up and my own season (double winners by the way) finished i'll def be back for the Galway game. Lookin forward to seein a lot of u there. And i've more reason to shout at the Galway game, Thomas Heary their centre half is a neighbour of mine :D Until we meet again fellow Ravens
    Johnboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Alas I wont be able to make it either gentlemen. Prior music related commitments and all that. I hope you all either clap and sing very loud tonight or else get a bass drum and bodhrán!

Lamper, gooner and fonzy..hope to see y'all after the game back in the motherland! :)

Really looking forward to this one tonight. Great stadium and hopefully a good crowd. A draw would normally be a good result up there but im sick of draws, so im hoping for Fingal's best away performance of the season and another great win in Tallaght. Hopefully:)

• Advertisement

It could be a tight game tonight. I'd love to see a 2-0 to us. It would be a good boost for a clean sheet, and to also score a few.

But, in saying that, I think a 2-1 result is more likely, with it being very hard to say who will score the 2. Either team can win this one.

At least we will have our U23 players back. So will Shaun Maher and Gary O'Neill be back.

We're missing McFaul through suspension though, and Zayed, Frost, and Paisley are all still out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Tough fixture tonight, cheers for the update on the players Paul, Great to see O'Niell back, good to see Maher back in defense, no Zayed I suppose that could mean Crowe on the left. I would rather it be Kirby but with Mc Faul out guess he will slot in with Williams and Finn.
    Although Colm James could come in to mid, any ways don't think bucko is looking at my posts so he will have to figure it out himself,
    So i wont be at this one but will follow it on live tracker, So keep up the noise level lads and hopefully a 3.1 to the Ravens.
    Viper enjoy the hols and Rockee have a good gig tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

about to drive up now, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Not a sporting fingal fan as you may know but I had to smile when I saw Crowey came on to equalise against Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

S23 wrote: »
    Not a sporting fingal fan as you may know but I had to smile when I saw Crowey came on to equalise against Rovers.

I'd say he took a little extra pleasure from it :)

He took it well.

Plenty of goal chances at both ends. Either team could have won. Crowe took his goal well.

Dawson had a great chance just a few mins later.

Overally, a good result, away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

It would have been a travesty if we didn't get out of there without at least a point.

Mannus made two unbelievable saves to deny O'Neill and Dawson missed a close chance at the end. Very entertaining game and we played the better football over all and deserved to win.

Kirby, Williams and Finn ran the show in Midfield and the rest of the lads had good games as well.

Probably the most enjoyable Fingal football match I have been at all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

What a game of football last night esp. the 2nd half . Credit to both sets of players for a really enjoyable night . Our midfield really got on top as the game wore on and how the Rovers keeper saved either of Gary O'Neills efforts i'll never know. Shaun Williams looks the real deal and surely will be the target for cross channel clubs along with Ronan Finn and Shane McFaul. If we can hold these lads till seasons end can we win the league?.

I've no idea how O'Neill didn't score. He had loads of chances, but their keeper did great to keep the ball out.

4627435157_8d8cedb581_m.jpg

Dawson also had a good chance but he did have Flynn flying at him at the time.

The first half was fairly poor. One good chance when the ball came off the crossbar after a goalmouth scramble. But the 2nd half of the game was great with plenty of quality play and action. Loads of excitement. In the end, a good result.

Picts on view here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Oh look, another game that I miss that turns out to be another cracker! Dont worry, Ill be back next week so chances are it'll be 0-0. :D Lamper blames my bodhrán...

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote: »
    Oh look, another game that I miss that turns out to be another cracker! Dont worry, Ill be back next week so chances are it'll be 0-0. :D Lamper blames my bodhrán...

Its cursed i tells ya;)

Paulw wrote: »
    I've no idea how O'Neill didn't score. He had loads of chances, but their keeper did great to keep the ball out.

4627435157_8d8cedb581_m.jpg

Dawson also had a good chance but he did have Flynn flying at him at the time.

The first half was fairly poor. One good chance when the ball came off the crossbar after a goalmouth scramble. But the 2nd half of the game was great with plenty of quality play and action. Loads of excitement. In the end, a good result.

Picts on view here.

The anguish on his face. A picture tells a thousand words.

Great second half last night. Kenny Browne, Williams and Kirby where just class. Nice to see Conan getting back to his best aswell.
    How the hell did their keeper get to O Neils chances. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. If we play like that from now on, we should fear nobody home or away.
    The only downer on the night where our set plays. With the amount of free kicks and corners, we should have done better but all in all very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I think that should be our starting team next week if everyone stays fit.

Quinn while is crossing was quite poor had excellent work rate and retained possession very well. Id have him starting in front on Zayed when he's back fit.

As for Mcfaul, he has been brilliant all season but Kirby was one of the best players on the pitch last night(great little runs forward), hard to drop him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I live down the road from the Morton Stadium and have been thinking about checking out a SF game there. Can anybody tell me how much they charge for admission and what size gates they get?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

15 euro Adult admission . Home crowd averages about 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Thanks for that, I thought gates would be 500-700 so 1000 is not bad I think.

We have nice big gates, 3 in total . I much prefer gate 1 :):D
    Family day on saturday starting at 2 i think with our galway game at 4.
    It will be the last home game in the league for a few weeks due to the 2 week league break coming up.
    So its Galway at home next Saturday at 4 and Mervue at home in the cup the following friday. All welcome :)

It was a nice day to watch the A side playing in the first league match today. kick off was at 2 and i managed to catch the last half hour due to the second half even though i was there at 2 :confused:, this was because i didnt know there was another pitch down the other side of the complex . I asked at reception and she told me there was a match on the main pitch at 3 so i thought there was a change of start time so i went to swords for a bit and when i cam back there was a strange looking crowd playing on the main pitch and was wondering if they were the A team or not :)
    It turns out that it wasnt much to my relief and i found the proper game with a half hour to go and the score 1-1, James scored for us i think. :)

Thanks for that, I thought gates would be 500-700 so 1000 is not bad I think.

These are the figures done by a guy on Foot.ie.

We have improved our attendances this year. Which is good. We are helped though by some big away crowds coming to Morton. Still we have improved the home support aswell.

Averages after round 14. Official figures in bold. Club averages in bold means more than half of their figures are official.

PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohs - 1,913 (2009 - 2,366; 2008 - 1,993; 2007 - 1,924; 2006 - 1,463; 2005 - 1,976)
    Bray - 700 (1,169; 1,106; 1,200; 1,027; 1,550)
    Drogheda - 1,124 (1,106; 1,631; 1,919; 1,751; 1,682)
    Dundalk - 2,391 (2,371; 1,459 FD; 1,406 FD; 1,078 FD; 474 FD)
    Galway - 911 (1,076; 1,393; 2,199; 1,148 FD; 566 FD)
    Pat's - 1,955 (1,631; 1,795; 1,910; 1,342; 1,599)
    Rovers - 3,773 (3,611; 1,468; 1,715; 1,089 FD; 1,539)
    Sligo - 1,996 (1,756; 1,960; 1,448; 1,806; 1,794 FD)
    Sporting Fingal - 1,189 (635; 688)
    UCD - 614 (272 FD; 546; 663; 546; 653; 306 FD)

FIRST DIVISION
    Athlone - 532 (462; 387; 670; 421; 316)
    Cork - 2,262 (2,681 PD; 3,142 PD; 2,897 PD; 2,941 PD; 3,644 PD)
    Derry - 2,303 (2,436 PD; 3,363 PD; 2,614 PD; 3,229 PD; 2,698 PD)
    Harps - 673 (480; 1,607 PD; 1,164; 428; 1,347 PD; 1,106)
    Limerick - 667 (429; 517; 670; 364; 669)
    Longford - 265 (260; 406; 885 PD; 681 PD; 1,004 PD)
    Mervue - 160 (166)
    Monaghan - 286 (183; 177; 292; 204; 183) (missing Shels)
    Salthill Devon - 162 (N/A)
    Shels - 773 (972; 986; 888; 1,690 PD; 1,949 PD)
    Waterford - 754 (434; 670; 1,181 PD; 915 PD; 1,513 PD)
    Wexford - 332 (494; 767; 810)

Premier Division average - 1,669 (2,010; 1,746; 1,687; 1,535; 1,759)
    First Division average - 744 (417; 641; 722; 570; 520)

Overall average - 1,189 (1,175; 1,221; 1,235; 1,070; 1,195)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League

Skip down to seedings and our potential opponents is getting clearer.

Besiktas? Motherwell ? It looks like a trip up north or to Wales is not on the cards.

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League

Skip down to seedings and our potential opponents is getting clearer.

Besiktas? Motherwell ? It looks like a trip up north or to Wales is not on the cards.

If we could just get past the second round, which is the one we start in, then we have a chance of getting Liverpool or Juventus:eek:.

I know im getting a little ahead of myself but I can dream cant I :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement