Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

If we could just get past the second round, which is the one we start in, then we have a chance of getting Liverpool or Juventus:eek:.

I know im getting a little ahead of myself but I can dream cant I :)

u dreaming about the possibility of seeing Liverpool/Juventus or seeing Sporting Fingal in the next round?:p

i dont care who we get in any of the rounds we play in once we give it our all
    in each game..................COME ON THE fINGAL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

How about Sporting Fingal V Sporting Lisbon ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I see now that Lorcan Fitzgerald has also been called up to the U23 squad. That makes 5 Fingal players.

And other clubs try to slag Fingal?? The club are obviously doing something right.

Just hope they come through the game without injuries .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

How about Sporting Fingal V Sporting Lisbon ? :D

Supose each team could be looking for a 'Sporting' chance of going through.
    'It was a good result with sport in general being the overall winner'

Ya see what I did there, oh my god it's just comedy genius.

• Advertisement

Great to see Lorcan getting a call up cannot understand Mc Faul not getting a look in.
    And congrats to Glen Crowe on getting the goal last friday. Hopefully that will be the start of many to come. Saw it last night on Mns team looked great going forward and Conan looked sharp.
    And great picture Paul, of Gary O'Niell when the keeper pulled off another good save, certainly caught the lads emotions cheers.
    Looking forward to saturday seems like a year since my last live game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Paulw wrote: »
    I see now that Lorcan Fitzgerald has also been called up to the U23 squad. That makes 5 Fingal players.

And other clubs try to slag Fingal?? The club are obviously doing something right.

Its great to see that we have so many young players making it into the under 23 s. I hope we continue this policy of bringing in young talent from LOI clubs and Irish lads coming home from British clubs, develope them in the right way and then hopefully get decent money for the players. This money should then be re-invested back into the club.
    Hopefully we will become a club that is known for its quality of football and also a place where the best young talent in the country will get their chance. We already have interest in at least 3 players if rumours are to be believed and id expect one or two more to have interest from bigger clubs abroad in the no too distant future.

We already have interest in at least 3 players if rumours are to be believed and id expect one or two more to have interest from bigger clubs abroad in the no too distant future.

I actually heard one more player was being looked at by a UK club. Not sure how definite it is, but it's nice to hear. Kenny Browne was being checked out at a recent game by a scout.

Also, at the Fingal V Bray game, the St. Pats scout was at the game.

Paulw wrote: »
    I actually heard one more player was being looked at by a UK club. Not sure how definite it is, but it's nice to hear. Kenny Browne was being checked out at a recent game by a scout.

Also, at the Fingal V Bray game, the St. Pats scout was at the game.

It seems Liam and his staff have a great eye for future potential when it comes to young players. This can only be a good thing for the club and its future.

It seems Liam and his staff have a great eye for future potential when it comes to young players. This can only be a good thing for the club and its future.

its keeping the lads that mite be the problem in the future

• Advertisement

its keeping the lads that mite be the problem in the future

I dont think any LOI club can really keep their best players when a British club comes a calling. Especially Championship level and above.
    If our club can get in decent money for these lads and re-invest it in our club then this is a very good thing imo. If we get a reputation as being a club who are very good at developing young players and possible preparing them for another apportunity with bigger clubs abroad then we will have the pick of a lot of the good young players availible in this country and the ones coming back from Britain.
    Im not saying I want any of our players to leave but getting a good price for them if/when they do will help the club to develope imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

These are the figures done by a guy on Foot.ie.

We have improved our attendances this year. Which is good. We are helped though by some big away crowds coming to Morton. Still we have improved the home support aswell.

I'll defo pop along and take in a game.

I dont think any LOI club can really keep their best players when a British club comes a calling. Especially Championship level and above.
    If our club can get in decent money for these lads and re-invest it in our club then this is a very good thing imo. If we get a reputation as being a club who are very good at developing young players and possible preparing them for another apportunity with bigger clubs abroad then we will have the pick of a lot of the good young players availible in this country and the ones coming back from Britain.
    Im not saying I want any of our players to leave but getting a good price for them if/when they do will help the club to develope imo.

That all depends when they leave, if they leave at the end of the season and they are out of contract then we wont get a cent but may get a few quid if they are still in contract.

That all depends when they leave, if they leave at the end of the season and they are out of contract then we wont get a cent but may get a few quid if they are still in contract.

Of course. But from what iv noticed, we had previously signed young players to two year contracts (some of them anyway). So im hoping this is the case with the rest of the young lads now and in the future. Plus the english sides will tend to be looking for players during our season, so players on one year contracts will still be contracted to the club.

I'll defo pop along and take in a game.

Keep us posted on what you thought of the game. Enjoy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derekobrien

Heard today that Brendan Clarke is going to Pats in July because Dan Connor is going to Bohemians. Anyone heard anything on this?

Heard today that Brendan Clarke is going to Pats in July because Dan Connor is going to Bohemians. Anyone heard anything on this?

Yeah, I heard it. But, according to the man himself, he's not going anywhere.

Hope not, when I saw him in pre season friendlies(the one against Monaghan) he was class. It was his constant communication to his centre backs and full backs that marked the contrast of him and Quigley.
    Now i don't want to be seen as kicking Quigley I have not seen us play in a month and I have been told he has been improving as you would expect as his confidence grows, however Quigley's error in the under 23's match is something I have become accustomed to expect with him, where as Clarke has been so solid in every aspect and to add to that his distribution to players is phenomenal. Can't remember him ever giving the ball away whether it be a ten yard pass to sixy yard launch.
    Pure class.

I think Quigley has improved from last season. He seems a lot more vocal and talks more to the back line.

Clarke is louder though.

I think we have two good keepers.

At least Clarke isn't leaving, and I look forward to him getting his place back in goals soon as the no 1 keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I'll agree with you on that Paul. He himself seemed pretty adamant that he wasn't goin anywhere. Still seems a bit put out with the fact he's lost the no. 1 jersey but when he gets his chance i'm sure he'll take it and keep the position. After early doubts about Darren I think he's rightly shut up a few critics and proved he's worthy of the challenge.
    On another note, its fantasy football time for any one interested. At the minute i've two leagues set up. one is for the world cup through Sky Sports and the other is for our own League of Ireland. Neither are based on the "spend 100 million" basis. They both let you pick 11 players with no values and you can only have 2 players from the same country/team.
    World Cup.
    Its on the SkySports site http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com/Index.aspx Its just for a bit of a laugh and when u set up ur team, click Enter League and the PIN is 13912. There are 16 teams so far!
    LOI Fantasy Football.
    Create ur team from the best the country has to offer and join my league. Pin no. is 417 Airtricity League Fantasy Football
    http://airtricity.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx
    Airtricity League Fantasy Football 09/10 - manage your team and earn respect.
    See ya'll saturday

• Advertisement

drinks in the swiss <pub> tomorow any1?

drinks in the swiss <pub> tomorow any1?

Wont be able to for this one. Not sure if Rockee is going, maybe he will be up for a few.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    I'll agree with you on that Paul. He himself seemed pretty adamant that he wasn't goin anywhere. Still seems a bit put out with the fact he's lost the no. 1 jersey but when he gets his chance i'm sure he'll take it and keep the position. After early doubts about Darren I think he's rightly shut up a few critics and proved he's worthy of the challenge.
    On another note, its fantasy football time for any one interested. At the minute i've two leagues set up. one is for the world cup through Sky Sports and the other is for our own League of Ireland. Neither are based on the "spend 100 million" basis. They both let you pick 11 players with no values and you can only have 2 players from the same country/team.
    World Cup.
    Its on the SkySports site http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com/Index.aspx Its just for a bit of a laugh and when u set up ur team, click Enter League and the PIN is 13912. There are 16 teams so far!
    LOI Fantasy Football.
    Create ur team from the best the country has to offer and join my league. Pin no. is 417 Airtricity League Fantasy Football
    See ya'll saturday

Iv joined the LOI one. Your about to be schooled in football knowledge.:D

World Cup.
    LOI Fantasy Football.
    See ya'll saturday

joined both buddy

Iv joined the LOI one. Your about to be schooled in football knowledge.:D

demons & wizards are gonna run riot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Keep us posted on what you thought of the game. Enjoy:)

I will mate but unfortunately I can't make the Galway game due to work but the next home game against UCD on the Friday evening is pencilled in for sure as it's at a much better time.

It's a pity that there's a whole month almost between 2 home games, I was a bit surprised at this.

Enjoy the game tomorrow. And the win :). Hopefully.

yes 'Demons and Wizards' shall run riot. "Is that it!" however will play some seriously entertaining football and will win the league by a country mile my good man. And is Buffon the only keeper going to the world cup:)
    Won't be at the pub tomorrow but will be at the match so hope to see or hear you boyz up there.
    Hopefully will be a good turnout, good weather and great football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Not sure if Rockee is going, maybe he will be up for a few.

Im at the mercy of the rock gods yet again gents. Am gigging in town tomorrow night and rehearsels in the afternoon! Im not attending so itll probably be another cracker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I'll keep in touch today Rock. And I don't know if you've heard this lads but theres a couple of bans headin to some of ya's for wastin valuable boards.ie web space. Pure Poison has both these comps in the bag. Eamon Zayed joined my league in the LOI one. Tryin to get a couple of the others in too.Lookin forward to the game later. See ya's rafter, workin on a saturday for some ungodly reason :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I'll keep in touch today Rock.

Thank you sir!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement