Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I will mate but unfortunately I can't make the Galway game due to work but the next home game against UCD on the Friday evening is pencilled in for sure as it's at a much better time.

It's a pity that there's a whole month almost between 2 home games, I was a bit surprised at this.

Enjoy the game tomorrow. And the win :). Hopefully.

This is down to the fact its the mid season break. All teams break up for two weeks or so to allow players a summer holiday. While the UCD game is the next home game in the league, we do start our defense of the FAI Cup at home to Mervue next weekend. As far as I know its next friday. Maybe somebody else can confirm this as I dont have the info to hand. It wont be a big crowd for this one but might be a good introduction to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

While the UCD game is the next home game in the league, we do start our defense of the FAI Cup at home to Mervue next weekend. As far as I know its next friday.

FAI Ford Cup Third Round:

4 June: Sporting Fingal v Mervue United, Morton Stadium (7.45pm)

Yep, it's next Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

could be a v tight geme:p

see yous all later lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Enjoyed that one, great atmosphere for the family day out and all credit to the club for their organisation of the day. The weather conspired against them but fair dues to the set up, a great way to get some new faces in the stand.
    First half was lively at spells, Lorcan was put through at one stage and thought this was a certainty but put up and over. Second half we came alive and had a great game, poor Crowe got one caught up under his feet and failed to capitalise.
    As for Ronan Finn's goal:D What a strike, cheers mate.
    Williams strike off the up-right cracker.
    Eamon's finish, sweet.
    So cheers boys really enjoyed it and fair play to the players who came out and signed jerseys and programmes for the supporters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Have to say lads, a good solid display from all for the 90 mins. I felt that as soon as Galway changed their formation, they lost it a bit and we were puttin balls through and takin shots at will. Had Shauny Williams' strike gone in it was one for the scrap book for sure, what a strike. As usual, Ro Finn with a great performance. Really happy with Quigley's performance in goal too :D. I'd like to say a special thanks to Lamper, FG, JohnNightmare and PS for adding to the atmosphere for the 2nd half. Its a team performance like that that'll keep our squad strong until the end of the season :). Can't wait for another showing of the masses next Friday night.
    Johnny out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

ucd and the drogs winning tonight has us right back in it :)

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Have to say lads, a good solid display from all for the 90 mins. I felt that as soon as Galway changed their formation, they lost it a bit and we were puttin balls through and takin shots at will. Had Shauny Williams' strike gone in it was one for the scrap book for sure, what a strike. As usual, Ro Finn with a great performance. Really happy with Quigley's performance in goal too :D. I'd like to say a special thanks to Lamper, FG, JohnNightmare and PS for adding to the atmosphere for the 2nd half. Its a team performance like that that'll keep our squad strong until the end of the season :). Can't wait for another showing of the masses next Friday night.
    Johnny out!

They look alike, honest they do. :D

Decent performance in the second half. Some great chances and it could and should have been more. If only Williams shot had gone in, it would have topped off another good performance from him in the defensive midfield role. Mc Faul might find it hard to get his position back. There is a lot of competition this year in midfield.

Kirby with another good performance too. In my mind, a midfield that could start the next league fixture. Saying this as I presume it'll be a rotated side for next friday. Maybe trying Barrett as a starter and possibly Colly James and a couple more.

Johnny out!

Some things should be kept between those that were there:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

A bit of a "Who's Who" on MNS tonight. Shot of gooner, lamps, nightmare, viper and stu all dug into the match at Morton last Saturday. Soon yez'll be giving autographs!

Its Quigley, Oh Wait???? Lovin that. On the Airtricity fantasy site, we now have Zayed, Clarke and McFaul in the league. Those interested check back to the previous link and sign up.
    P.S See, they are my mates. Don't see any of your pals joinin ur league hahahahaha
    *edit Apparantly a certain goal keeper is also there in disguise :D

Just had Clarkey accusin me of mixin him and Quigley up. Someone here had better have a good study of the player profile section in the match programme ;)

Just had Clarkey accusin me of mixin him and Quigley up. Someone here had better have a good study of the player profile section in the match programme ;)

It was you, at least be honest here.
    I can cover for you no more. I tried to keep my silence but the burden of it is too heavy. How the hell you could make such an amateurish mistake is beyond me.:p

And as for them being your friend, well I heard they are only using you for a go on your drum. Sorry dude but its true. Somebody had to be the one to tell ya;)

A few things need clarifying here:
    One; Viper it was Clarke in goals against Galway and no amount of pass the blame on your part is going to change that. There are 2 witnesses to the incident both Lamps and my good self.
    Two; With regards to said players being your "friend", I use to get a monthly news letter from Arsene Wenger, don't hear me telling everyone I is a "Wenger Friend." Better chance being Freddie's friend if truth be told.
    Three; And this is just the damnest sickest thing i have ever seen. You handed your drum over to the girl and told her to do some drumming.
    Yet when Finns mighty strike is hit, the net had hardly started to ripple and you were ripping the thing from her shoulders.
    "Gimme dat! I is the Viper and i is drummin now!"
    The poor girl needed to be threated for third degree burns you whipped it away so fast.

Now I did not want to go down this road, ya forced me hand buddy.
    So let that be that...no more...zip it...zip....[url]www.zipit.com
    :D[/url]

Ok lads, i officially give up. Facebook says they're my friends so i am not going to start to disbelieve the mighty force that is facebook. Its steered me right more than wrong. The drumming incident. I hadn't been to the last few games and after that belter i wasn't gonna let some girl do my party piece. There's only so many times you can practice on a table without it becoming monotonous. I don't want to mention the player mix up situation. Of course you two are going to gang up on me and say I said it. If stu or johnnightmare are real men, they'll come forward and admit that sitting with the families instead of standing with the signin lads has dimmed your brains and you no longer have a clue as to whats going on in the real world. Oh, and i didn't hear any thanks yet for gettin your mugs on MNS. Twice at that. When was the last time you saw fingal fans on the end of show highlight reel? No more i tell ya, i'm flyin solo from here on out. Ps I don't think I'll be there friday haha

Ok lads, i officially give up. Facebook says they're my friends so i am not going to start to disbelieve the mighty force that is facebook. Its steered me right more than wrong. The drumming incident. I hadn't been to the last few games and after that belter i wasn't gonna let some girl do my party piece. There's only so many times you can practice on a table without it becoming monotonous. I don't want to mention the player mix up situation. Of course you two are going to gang up on me and say I said it. If stu or johnnightmare are real men, they'll come forward and admit that sitting with the families instead of standing with the signin lads has dimmed your brains and you no longer have a clue as to whats going on in the real world. Oh, and i didn't hear any thanks yet for gettin your mugs on MNS. Twice at that.When was the last time you saw fingal fans on the end of show highlight reel? No more i tell ya, i'm flyin solo from here on out. Ps I don't think I'll be there friday haha

Cheers. Although the tv license paying public might just want there money back. And deservedly so.:)

No probs on you not being there. We are used to it. Booya. 1nil lamper, back of the net ya good thing.

Im sorry:(

Ok lads, i officially give up. Facebook says they're my friends so i am not going to start to disbelieve the mighty force that is facebook. Its steered me right more than wrong. The drumming incident. I hadn't been to the last few games and after that belter i wasn't gonna let some girl do my party piece. There's only so many times you can practice on a table without it becoming monotonous. I don't want to mention the player mix up situation. Of course you two are going to gang up on me and say I said it. If stu or johnnightmare are real men, they'll come forward and admit that sitting with the families instead of standing with the signin lads has dimmed your brains and you no longer have a clue as to whats going on in the real world. Oh, and i didn't hear any thanks yet for gettin your mugs on MNS. Twice at that. When was the last time you saw fingal fans on the end of show highlight reel? No more i tell ya, i'm flyin solo from here on out. Ps I don't think I'll be there friday haha

Im not real, remember :) im suppose to be fake stu :)

Dont mind them Viper as they are only jelous of your drum. Gooner said that he is bringing his recorder on friday and Lamps is bringing his tamborine or whatever that rattle thing is and im bringing my triangle :).
    As for Facebook , did you send the Fingal lads a request to join you on farmville or cafe world? i can see it now " Clarky sent me a a chicken and a cow and zayed helped me bake a cake " :)

keep up the good work with the drum and your sis did a good job as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Better chance being Freddie's friend if truth be told.

Not really, gooner. Freddie is a bit choosy. Strictly friendships with barnyard animals for him.:D

Gooner is the same :)

• Advertisement

:pac:

:D

I guess it's off to facebook world again.

"Hey there clarkey" said Viper as he bounded along the imaginary grass.
    "Oh hi Viper,"
    "Hey have you seen Lorcsy and Eamo"
    "Why are they your friends too?"
    "Oh no Clarksey they're our friends"
    "Ah your so sweet"
    "Ah shucks i know"
    "Oh look here comes Finnsy and Shaunie"
    "Hi Finnsy, Hi Shaunie." said Viper waving his fingal flag from the cup final.
    "Hey there Viper me man you is looking cooler than ever"
    An embarrasingly long hug later.
    "Okay you can let go now Viper"

While real men with real friends will be watching real football in a real place. Defense of the cup begins.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Gooner you hunk, that was quite beautiful! You will be rewarded by my presence at said cup fixture on Friday. ;)

Rockee wrote: »
    Gooner you hunk, that was quite beautiful! You will be rewarded by my presence at said cup fixture on Friday. ;)

draw so :p

See what you've gone and done now. By ousting me from the "circle of sitting down friends" you've gone and encouraged Rockee to earn us a draw this friday. On behalf of the club i'd like to say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

draw so :p

More than likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Enjoyed that one, great atmosphere for the family day out and all credit to the club for their organisation of the day. The weather conspired against them but fair dues to the set up, a great way to get some new faces in the stand.
    i was surprised to see that despite the family fun day which surely should have filled our section (8oo) therre was a relativly low turnout of 600+....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

i was surprised to see that despite the family fun day which surely should have filled our section (8oo) therre was a relativly low turnout of 600+....

It might have something to do with the horrible weather that day??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement