Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Who has been Sportings Best and Worst performers so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Who has been Sportings Best and Worst performers so far this season.

Conan going forward and at the back Rogers. There's a whole load of guys that are solid performers. I'm disappointed with Doyle and Caffrey but early days yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

Hi all,

i've been looking on the web for the next home games and i'm getting conflicting reports.

Can Anyone confrim the date of the waterford utd game?

cheers,
    Marky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

23rd

thanks kensutz,

most sites say 23rd but the SFFC has monday 26th.:confused:

See y'all there, Marky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

cymro wrote: »

Yeah, that's the one that says monday 26th.
    Is the change of date official, I don't want to turn up to an empty stadium.:o

Marky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It should be on the Friday 23rd. Same day every other home game has been. Closer we get it should become clear.

It is the 23rd, I have the FAI press release for the next 2 weeks games.

Is the change of date official, I don't want to turn up to an empty stadium.

We do at the home games :D

there are a few games on the monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

dsmythy wrote: »
    It should be on the Friday 23rd. Same day every other home game has been. Closer we get it should become clear.

A bit much to ask the lads to play their games all on the 23rd :pac:

Ok they seem to have made up their mind AGAIN
    Sporting Fingal v Waterford United

The above eircom League of Ireland First Division fixture originally scheduled for Friday, 23rd May has been rearranged for Monday, 26th May at Morton Stadium with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm.

Thats what it was originally

Is the change of date official, I don't want to turn up to an empty stadium.

We do at the home games

:D

Definitely the Monday at 7.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Is it true that St. Pats want Rogers back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Could well be, they have a mini defensive injury crisis atm afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not a chance, Bohs do want him. Kerr offered him a 1 year deal with the promise of another year on top, Kerr reneged on that promise so he agreed a deal with Shrewsbury in jan, he was sent to you lot paying his wages (€800). The guy is a complete cnut but when he plays for you hes your cnut. hated him with shels kinda liked him with us but can hate him again now :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The seasons is starting to pick up pace for us now. Great result for us on monday and nice to get a bit of revenge. also nice to get our first win against a promotion favourite. Whisper it, but we might just make a push for promotion this season. Its been a bit of a hit and miss season up until three games ago. Our main problem from what i could see was putting the ball in the back of the net. Our general play was quite good though.
    Now it seems our strikers are starting to click and score some goals, and a few goals from midfielders also. Robbie Doyle starting to finally impress now.
    So role on the good times sporting here to stay ( sorry shels fans its annoying i know):p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Draw tonight for Dundalk and Fingal and us winning tomorrow by a few will leave us top by 4. *prays*

• Advertisement

Draw tonight for Dundalk and Fingal and us winning tomorrow by a few will leave us top by 4. *prays*

You'll end up thanking us for our existence if you go up by a couple of points at the end of the season owing to points taken away from Dundalk by the Fingal. Imagine Kilkenny were still in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

We wouldn't have dropped points against Kilkenny either though.;)

Either way yas bottled it against a side with Marney having to go in goals. Promotion bid offically over.

dsmythy wrote: »
    You'll end up thanking us for our existence if you go up by a couple of points at the end of the season owing to points taken away from Dundalk by the Fingal. Imagine Kilkenny were still in it!

Looks like it's to our own faith now.:D

It was a shocking game and the officials didnt know what they were doing. The linesmen were waiting to see what the ref gave before raising their flags. Williams carrying the ball into his net summed up the night.

Shocking result for you tonight. Kildare are beyond terrible. We've played them twice this season and knocked 8 past them.

We must have the record of having the most penaltys:D. We seem to get them in every game.

Cya's on Friday gents.:pac:

A 2-1 win to Fingal :D

Doubt it going for a one goal win to Shels. Think there will be many Fingal fans or has the novelty worn off? There will be a large section of the Bohs famous soccer schooligans at the match in with the Fingal fans afaik.

• Advertisement

The Fingal attendance tonight really has led me to believe they won't last 3 seasons. Playing against a side just down the road from you, you should be able to muster up better than that. Ours wasn't particularly amazing either, but the Fingal attendance tonight was just terrible.

As for the match, we sorely missed our absentees, Fingal played well but didn't take the chances. Weren't as good in the second half and Shels took over somewhat, probably owing alot to the extra man, but a draw was probably the fair result.

I think this really rules you lads out of promotion. 8 points behind us, 7 behind Waterford and 5 behind Dundalk. I mean those are all assailable leads individually, but it'd be asking too much for all 3 to collapse. Especially since you've only taken 6 points from a possible 18 against the top 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement