Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloves

Options
  • 22-12-2007 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new pair of gloves to keep me toasty. What are the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

cue wrote: »
    Looking for a new pair of gloves to keep me toasty. What are the best?

don't even know what i have but they feel like bricks when paddling so i don't bother with them anymore. Pricey little buggers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I know. I had a pair before and they were brutal. Used to hang off me in the water and eventually just fell to pieces. I would go without them if I have to but if there is a good pair about I would go for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

The Xcel gloves are pretty good. I hate wearing gloves and wore them a few times last year. I'd recommend the 1.5mm pair. It's enough to keep the cold out and if you get a good fit then they shouldn't feel like lead wieghts.
    I'd love for someone to come out with a 1mm or even .5mm pair. All you need is something to keep the cold out just a bit.
    Also you could try barrier cream (ask at any chemist) my friend swears by it. Rub it on a few minutes before your sesh and it should help keep the freeze at bay.

Another little trick for the really cold sessions is to boil a few litres of water in the morning and put it into a 5 litre bottle. Wrap your towel around the bottle before you head off. When you're done you should have some nice warm water to pour over yourself and your towel should be nice and toasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Enygma wrote: »
    Another little trick for the really cold sessions is to boil a few litres of water in the morning and put it into a 5 litre bottle. Wrap your towel around the bottle before you head off. When you're done you should have some nice warm water to pour over yourself and your towel should be nice and toasty :)

Genius! Why didnt I ever think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Got a pair of O Neill 1.5mm in Bundoran yesterday. Nice and thin. Did not notice them in the water at all and they kept me paws toasty. Had to go for a small size as the mediums were hanging off me fingertips. They fit like a...glove:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Yeah i have the same gloves cue, there excellent, super flexible, but by far these are the best gloves you can buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

cue wrote: »
    Got a pair of O Neill 1.5mm in Bundoran yesterday. Nice and thin. Did not notice them in the water at all and they kept me paws toasty. Had to go for a small size as the mediums were hanging off me fingertips. They fit like a...glove:D

Never considered the thickness of the gloves :o
    must be my problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Some good advice there, get them real tight otherwise they will stretch with water in them and feel like bricks when you're paddling. I hate gloves unless i absolutely have to. Got some 1.5mms but have to try them out still.

Advertisement