Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT - Much less in New year?

Options
  • 22-12-2007 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm hoping to import a car from the UK in the beginning of the new year and am wondering how much the VRT will change in January from what the ros.ie VRT calculator is saying now.
    Will it decide that the car is a year older or just a month older?
    Is it safe, when putting in the car details, to give the year as 2000 instead of 2001 and expect to pay this will be the correct VRT for a 2001 in January?
    Thanks for any replies as it will help me budget what I can afford!
    Happy Christmas :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

lugnut wrote: »
    I'm hoping to import a car from the UK in the beginning of the new year and am wondering how much the VRT will change in January from what the ros.ie VRT calculator is saying now.
    Will it decide that the car is a year older or just a month older?
    Is it safe, when putting in the car details, to give the year as 2000 instead of 2001 and expect to pay this will be the correct VRT for a 2001 in January?
    Thanks for any replies as it will help me budget what I can afford!
    Happy Christmas :)

On previous inspections at this time of year, the price doesn't come down quite as much as the difference in a year older model is now, but still comes down a good bit. For example, if the difference between a 2000 car now and a 2001 car now is €1000, then the difference between that same 2001 car now and it in Jan might be €700 or so.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

VRT amounts go up and down every month.

Advertisement