Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Paradise Lost's "Host" album

• 22-12-2007 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

I only recently got into this band. I think their earlier albums such as "Gothic" and "Draconian Times" as well as their two most recent albums are great but what shocked me was when I recently discovered their late nineties album "Host". What a complete load of rubbish. Poppy, electronic crap. I can't believe they took this direction. How can such a talented band bring themselves to producing such banal cack like this? Thank God above that they seen the light and returned to their roots.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Haha I never heard Host, it sounds interesting :p

I only have one of their albums - "In Requiem" and it's not too bad, nothing amazing. I can't imagine them doing an electronic pop album though lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

They made a big change with Host. When I listened to it I thought it was a pile of ****e but went back to it years later and it really grew on me.

The albums they brought out after Draconian Times such as Host, Symbol of Life and Believe in Nothing really went down the electronic road, tho with Paradise Lost and In Requiem are back to their best.

I am a long time fan and Icon is personally my favourite and I think In Requiem was one of the years best albums.

Hope they come over for a gig soon, its been awhile since a headlining gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

host is probably my favourite Paradise Lost album - probably because it resembles dark depeche mode to me (who i love).

new album is great as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Bill gets a loan of some Paradise Lost albums in preparation for seeing them support Opeth in Vicar Street. He likes these albums and goes to the concert full of hope. He dies a little inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I didnt like Host at all. I like Gothic but it has rubbish production, so I'd say my favourite PL album is probably the self titled one and also In Requiem is excellent. When I saw them live they didnt play anything from Host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Draconian times is an absolute gem of album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Nightwish wrote: »
    I didnt like Host at all. I like Gothic but it has rubbish production, so I'd say my favourite PL album is probably the self titled one and also In Requiem is excellent. When I saw them live they didnt play anything from Host.

I loved the "In Requiem" album. Thank Christ they've gone back to their roots and have abandoned their attempts to become a dull Depeche Mode-esque pop act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Used to love this band - saw them first when they supported Sepultura in 1993, but kinda stopped listening to them around the time Host came out. Got In Requiem for Christmas though, so I must give it a spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dean-16

my favourite song is easily Shattered.

Advertisement