Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Participate?

• 22-12-2007 3:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

The post about radio prizes got me thinking. How many here would 'partisipate' on radio shows, either in talk ins,entering compo's, phoning joe duffy or gerry ryan to discuss your problems, or just generaly to ask will they play a song for your mammy. I've never phoned one, mainly because I'm not the type, mainly in the case of liveline etc,to discuss me in public. Although some valid topics are often discussed by duffy,I'm often quite surprised at the drivel some people will talk about,especially on ryans show.I wonder what the motive is,to hear yourself on air?, does the fact that half a million people now know your innermost problem,including people who you know personally that you would probably never discuss anything with on a one to one basis,make the problem go away. I realise that stuff has come up on liveline that has benefitted us all, for instance hearing about the case of the woman who wrote in about the health service and then died recently,bringing the subject to national attention, but on the whole it's drivel.So own up,is it you?and if so, why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I enter phone in competitions all the time.
    Last Tuesday there was a €5000 prize for caller 1065 ( Riviera Radio 106.5) I got through as caller 1062. Close but no cigar. :D

I have won several prizes, mostly small things, books, cds etc but I have also won flights & Tickets to ManU and tickets to Monaco. Good craic. Someone has to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Never ever, and never will.

Total rip of from the phone companies.

ps. someone edit the title spelling ..pleeeeeease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Ooops, I should have hit the spell checker:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

ps. someone edit the title spelling ..pleeeeeease

Your wish is my command.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

gratzie mille

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Generally would enter if its a text in competition sometimes if its a phone in. Have won a few times in the various competitions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I never text in. Well I did once to Newstalk, and won but never received the prize. I've text in to Ray D'arcy a few times out of sheer frustration. All of the texts he reads out are fawning over how wonderful and amazing he is, and I just want to put him in his place by telling him he's a pompous little git, no one gives a sh1t about his kid or annoying girlfriend and his taste in music his up his hole. Needless to say he never read any of them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I often enter the competitions, not so long ago I won a health ckeck from Vivas:D:D the ones where you have to be caller 9 i often win the hourly prize on but have yet to win the big prize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Hagar wrote: »
    I enter phone in competitions all the time.
    Last Tuesday there was a €5000 prize for caller 1065 ( Riviera Radio 106.5) I got through as caller 1062. Close but no cigar.

On TodayFM in the last four years I've won a €4000 holiday, box set of REM videos, won the latest Interpol album, two tickets for Electric Picnic 2006, 5 sets of CDs on Tom Dunne's show (and almost won a €1500 Dell PC), been on Ray D'arcy odd-one-out quiz (just missed out by 1 question)... that's just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

George Hook has read out a couple of my texts. It was from back in the days when they had a Meteor number so it didn't cost me a cent :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

i won a prize on newtalk in june, a weekend away four star hotel dinner on night of my choice and spa treatments etc etc etc.

First off i was gonna take my girlfriend but as time passed it really didnt suit and we had other plans made

Then i decided i'd give it to my parents for their anniverary this was october, still no prize,

i was on to them again in november still no luck, ocasionally they ring me up and assure me its coming soon but as of today still no fecking prize.

what should i do at this stage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

When I didnt get my prize from newstalk, I sent a strongly worded email to the producer of the show. Still didnt the get the prize though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

i won a prize on newtalk in june, a weekend away four star hotel dinner on night of my choice and spa treatments etc etc etc.

First off i was gonna take my girlfriend but as time passed it really didnt suit and we had other plans made

Then i decided i'd give it to my parents for their anniverary this was october, still no prize,

i was on to them again in november still no luck, ocasionally they ring me up and assure me its coming soon but as of today still no fecking prize.

what should i do at this stage??

Small Claims Court. It will only cost you €12.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It took ages for me to get a prize from Newstalk also (an mp3 player) so I emailed them. The next day I got a call from Newstalk and they said they'd sort it out.

Next day I got a call from DID Electrical (prize sponsors) and received the player in a week.

From my experience, I figure it's the sponsor that's supposed to send the prize to the winner, though maybe some sponsor's don't bother and just used Newstalk for publicity. Anyway, Newstalk should have possession of the prizes first before offering them. It'd be easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nah, I'm on the other end of it... I'm one of the ones who gives the prizes away ;)

(Usually it's only free pizza though...)

Advertisement