Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

empty package from DHL

Options
  • 22-12-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

I ordered a nintendo DS from www.videogameplus.ca after hearing baout the availability for the DS there and their speedy customer service and delivery from other boards members on bargain alerts.

Today, I had the parcel delivered - the box was empty - luckily, I was suspicious of hte weight of the parcel before I signed so I opened it with the help of the DHL driver. IT was empty with only an invoice attached to the outside for 20 CAD stating it was for a TOY GAME - also on the label of the box it stated that the value of the goods was only 20 CAD. Maybe this is to put the customs off - i DON'T KNOW - just trying to make some sense of it all???

Anyway, I have no DS and no invoice for the DS and must check now to see if the money is already taken from my visa - I expect it will be..

What adveice have you for me? I ahve just contacted customer service of hte company by email to tell the the same story..

thanks in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Did you sign for it, refuse to sign or give the package back to the delivery guy? See what the helpdesk say, and if your not getting on well there, contact your visa company and push for a chargeback. If you didnt sign it should be processed ok. Gluck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

The DHL guy suggested I sign but state on it that I opened the package in front of him and there were no contents at all.

I have the empty box and the invoice for 20 cad which it states is for the TOY GAME which was in the poly envelope attached to the outside of hte box -

I guess that the DS and invoice for *** CAD (whatever equivalent of €125 is) was taken somewhere along the line...

What do you suggest I do? I have already emailed customer service at www.videogameplus.ca but no reply yet - I may have to wait now until after Christmas....or should I just contact my visa company and try to get them to reverse the transaction.....

thanks in advance for advice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact Visa right away, and let them know.

Then contact the supplier again, and get written confirmation from the DHL office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Technically you should not have signed for it at all but sent it back and then you could just backcharge but I'd say you should be able to still backcharge but it just might be a bit more difficult if they say you signed for the package.

Contact VISA asap and they will advise you what to do.

Visa advise me to try again to contact company I bought off - in case they just agree to send another one or refund from their end...I will phone Canada today but have nopt had any reply from email and don't expect Cust serv to be operational today ...a for a few days.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

folkswagen wrote: »
    The DHL guy suggested I sign but state on it that I opened the package in front of him and there were no contents at all.

I have the empty box and the invoice for 20 cad which it states is for the TOY GAME which was in the poly envelope attached to the outside of hte box -

I guess that the DS and invoice for *** CAD (whatever equivalent of €125 is) was taken somewhere along the line...

What do you suggest I do? I have already emailed customer service at www.videogameplus.ca but no reply yet - I may have to wait now until after Christmas....or should I just contact my visa company and try to get them to reverse the transaction.....

thanks in advance for advice:)

I bought a DS Lite from VG+ last week and the invoice included was for $20 CAD. I’ve bought loads of stuff from them over the years and the value is always stated as considerably less than the real value of the games/hardware. The downside of this is that your package is only insured for this lesser amount (afaik).

Spoke to VG+ this afternoon who were very good about it and have sent out a replacement today - they will sort out their loss with DHL

A good result I think - I didn't need it for 25/12/07 otherwise it would have been more of a panic:)

Got my DS Lite from VG+ today delivered by DHL - better late than never:D

Advertisement