Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vouchers/Coupons?

Options
  • 22-12-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Thinking it would be handy if I could give out some kind of voucher or whatever for money off for jobs done by my site, VanTasks.ie.

What's the best way of making up a voucher that can't be just copied and pasted to be used again?

I suppose it'll have to come down to just making a random code myself, putting the value beside it and marking it as used when somebody uses it?

If anyone has any better suggestions, please share :)

Also, what kind of format should I be making this in? Just an image file like a gif or JPG or a PDF file or what? I'd like to be able to send them to customers or winners of competitions etc.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I guess it would depend on how you are taking money for the work ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd be taking money in person, so the voucher would need to be used when booking the job through email. I'm not really in need of a "add coupon code" part on my quote request forms, more just something on the voucher to say mention the voucher number when submitting a quote/ringing up.

Suppose I'm just looking for a secure way to be able to give people say €20 off through competitions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you're taking the money in person why don't you just provide a static old fashioned coupon code? You can change it from time to time ...

I don't want to have a coupon code per say, just a "voucher" like say I started this post saying whoever gives me the most helpful reply will get a €20 voucher to use against any job I do for them, I'd like to be able to email them a graphical voucher so they actually have something to show for their prize if you get me. I suppose I could just make a graphic with a little space for a code and just do the oul jsdfajkdfsajkfdlsa;jkf type like crazy code and copy it and put their name beside it and the value of it and once it's used, it's used was just looking for any other suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to be honest keep it simple ... :)

use a simple enough code ... write it into a notebook ... generate a new code for each customer

If not you're going to get way too complicated.

1 voucher number ... 1 customer you control the codes and just have to check them against your voucher list potentially print out a list of 200 codes you'll use

It would be quite simple to generate them programatically as well ... bit of php bit of GD library and away you go

PM sent ... enjoy :)

• Advertisement

forbairt wrote: »
    to be honest keep it simple ... :)

use a simple enough code ... write it into a notebook ... generate a new code for each customer

If not you're going to get way too complicated.

1 voucher number ... 1 customer you control the codes and just have to check them against your voucher list potentially print out a list of 200 codes you'll use

It would be quite simple to generate them programatically as well ... bit of php bit of GD library and away you go

PM sent ... enjoy :)

Thanks a lot, forbairt just sent me a coupon for my own company:D whoo! lol. Very nice of you to go to that effort! Happy Christmas lol.

Advertisement