Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May be Suitable subject to confirmation?

Options
  • 22-12-2007 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

A friend is trying to get broadband and is getting this from the line check.What exactly does this mean?

Should Eircom know if he can get it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

It's called an 'Amber' pass. He should be able to get BB and he'll be able to place an order but their maybe some small problem with his line. Eircom will sort it when the order is placed. It may also require an Eircom engineer to come to his house to do the initial installation. On rare occasions the problem cannot be sorted.

'May be Suitable subject to confirmation' is not unusual especially if he's a long way from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

I got the same message, Eircom came out, disconnected the ISDN and checked for BB and it worked... 5 Miles from the exchange in Mullagh up a boreen in the A@#! hole of nowhere!

The Eircom Engineer was shocked!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

All PSTN lines are subject to confirmation for broadband even GREEN pass one's, no line is 100% even if it says it can take broadband,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this a new line, or recently reconnected? If so, then until it's actually tested, if the line is on an enabled exchange then eircom will also class it as subject to confirmation. I just got Smart on a line that's still showing subject to confirmation on eircom's line checker as I only got the line in 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Untested lines show as a FAIL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement