Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking Oil Tank

Options
  • 22-12-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

The bottle/filter/"glass yoke" the thats connected to the pipe coming out of my oil tank comes loose on bad frosty nights. Yesterday, half my tank leaked which is a pain in the hole. This has happened before and I tightened it as much as I could. Has this happened anyone else and how did you fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

not sure how you would fix it but maybe a seal is gone and will probably require replacing.

Its an environmental issue leaking oil into teh ground so you should get it looked at asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The filters do not usually leak - you should probably replace the complete filter - quite simple with some PTFE tape.
    If you have really lost half tank, you will have to get the garden dug out, or the oil will keep re-appearing every time it rains.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

bad news about the oil but as people above have said get that looked into asap the garden will need dug out and the earth treated, this can be very costly but insurance normally covers most of the damage. get the filter changed by a competent person and i'd advise not using ptfe tape on oil line fittings, use stag & flex, its abit old skool but the best seal for oil fittings.

Advertisement