Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Cancelled

Options
  • 22-12-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ok went down to do my test yesterday morning and he told me it was cancelled because of icy roads... wasn't in the best of moods, because I had prepared loads and he was really nice. Last time I did it the tester was a robot but this guy was a human, and talked to me in a nice way.

Anyway my question has anyone had their test cancelled because of similar circumstances and how long did you have to wait before they gave you another one. He said to me would be about 4-5 weeks, is that a fair indication?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

4-5 weeks? That is a bit unfair considering Johnny can get one in less time because he has a letter from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It will be the 4-5 weeks alright, you go to the end of the cancellation list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    4-5 weeks? That is a bit unfair considering Johnny can get one in less time because he has a letter from work.
    Well in fairness I had a letter from work as well and I had to wait 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jhegarty wrote: »
    It will be the 4-5 weeks alright, you go to the end of the cancellation list....
    That's not true. Tests which are officially cancelled are treated with priority. 4/5 weeks seems excessive but I'd say they are 'covering' themselves. You will probably be alloted the next available cancellation slot. Bear in mind that tests are cancelled (by candidates) all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

That's not true. Tests which are officially cancelled are treated with priority. 4/5 weeks seems excessive but I'd say they are 'covering' themselves. You will probably be alloted the next available cancellation slot. Bear in mind that tests are cancelled (by candidates) all the time.

thats what I waited when I had mine canceled because the tester was sick.. 5 weeks... got a letter two weeks after with 3 weeks notice....

• Advertisement

jhegarty wrote: »
    thats what I waited when I had mine canceled because the tester was sick.. 5 weeks... got a letter two weeks after with 3 weeks notice....
    Fair enough - I would be annoyed if required to wait that length. :eek:

Most people seem to get it a bit quicker but they may have indicated that they are willing to be tested at very short notice and are then assigned a late cancellation.

From the RSA FAQs:

Q. What happens if my test is cancelled through no fault of my own?

A. The Department has a system in place to cover unexpected absences of testers, however, it is not possible to cover all such situations. Occasionally, because of illness to the tester, hazardous weather conditions, etc., the Department cancels tests at short notice. Every effort is made to notify the test candidate immediately. In such circumstances the Department will arrange a further test free of charge at the earliest date possible. The Department will also consider reimbursing certain out of pocket expenses, e.g., hire of vehicle on the day of the cancelled test,due to illness of the tester, on receipt of the appropriate claim in the Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

My test was canceled on a wedensday morning, got a call wedensday night and did my test that friday. They told me it would be a few weeks but i think they will fit you in as soon as theres an opening.

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    My test was canceled on a wedensday morning, got a call wedensday night and did my test that friday. They told me it would be a few weeks but i think they will fit you in as soon as theres an opening.
    A good few years ago one of my tests was cancelled (I can't remember which category) and I got a telephone call offering me another test the next day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

ya im d same! was supposed to do my test on the 5th of december and i was waiting a week 2 find out that my test wud b on the 11th of febuary!

Tis me again looking for advice from the almighty members and dwellers of this forum... yea anyway!:P

I cant seem to find the opening hours for the RSA over christmas, really wanna get on to them about getting another test asap. And also in the light of everyone wanting tests and full licenses if i begged and offered everything short of sexual favours, do you think they could get me a test even quicker? You know the way everyone wants a test.

• Advertisement

cork1 wrote: »
    ya im d same! was supposed to do my test on the 5th of december and i was waiting a week 2 find out that my test wud b on the 11th of febuary!
    cork1 - please read the Charter before posting here! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

redcar wrote: »
    He said to me would be about 4-5 weeks, is that a fair indication?
    Sounds about right. I got cancelled on due to my examiner being sick on the day and i was put to the back of the short notice list (about 6 weeks in my test centre).

You could be lucky and your guy put you to the front of the list, but don't count on it.

I give the RSA a ring on New Years Eve, and I have to say they are the nicest people to talk to on the phone so helpful. But anyway rang them, decided not to wait for them to ring me, and she was like "Oh thats terrible, and he said give us a ring? Hang on a few minutes and I'll sort you out!" Got my test for next week. And then she was like "Well its for 9.15 but would you like me to look for one later in the day, because I wouldn't like to see you get stuck with ice again." I got off the phone feeling so happy, its nice talking to a human as opposed to some of the lifeless souls on some of these helplines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

redcar wrote: »
    I got off the phone feeling so happy, its nice talking to a human as opposed to some of the lifeless souls on some of these helplines.
    Glad to hear it. Best of luck with the test!

Advertisement