Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want new car

Options
  • 22-12-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of changing my car. Is Jan a good time to buy? Presume there would be lots of used cars because of folk buying new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im looking to get my first car in January as well. Im also hoping that the market will be flooded with cheaper second hand cars then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Generally it can be a good time to buy a used car as dealers brace themselves for an influx of trade-ins against new cars. Other factors come into it though, it can depends on what car you are buying and how popular/unpopular it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I think you're better off waiting till the new year rush dies down and the traded in stock is sitting there a while. They'll be more willing to drop a few quid to make the figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Biro wrote: »
    I think you're better off waiting till the new year rush dies down and the traded in stock is sitting there a while. They'll be more willing to drop a few quid to make the figures.
    Have heard March mentioned as a good time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

it can depends on what car you are buying and how popular/unpopular...
    Almera?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah my dad insisted I wait until January to look for a car. I'm looking at getting a Yaris. None of the dealers I've been to would have 99 or 00 Yaris' in stock though so I'm probably just wasting time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

buy in late January/February when the car sale booms dies down and you can get a decent deal on any car.

Advertisement