Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

more mass effect novels

• 22-12-2007 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

http://kotaku.com/336978/new-mass-effect-book-picks-up-where-game-left-off

he second Mass Effect novel, titled Mass Effect: Ascension, will be out in the Summer. And while anyone who read the first one will probably be an automatic sell, this book also be of more interest to anyone who's finished the game, as it will be picking up right where the big-selling 360 RPG finished off and serve as a bridge between Mass Effect 1 and 2. Will Sheperd get laid again? Will he catch that *thing* he's after? Will Keith David be returning? He bloody well better be

It will be a definate buy for me has anyone read the prequal novel yet?

I hope the novels based from games become a bigger market as with the like of mass effect their is a great possibility to extend the the mass effect universe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I read the prequel novel and while the underlying story was good, it was terribly written, I don't think the author had any experience outside of video games storylines and that (in this instance) reflected badly on the novel. A good editor may have been able to salvage something from it but as it was I was very disappointed with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I see maybe they will get some professionals in to write the new one.

I just read a preview chaptor of the first novel the writing style is very basic though still I want more mass effect badly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd rather chew on rusty staples tbh.
    Books based on games are even LESS appealing to me than movies that are based on games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Books based on games are usually pretty crap with the exception being the Halo books, they're actually better than the games. Though that's not really saying much

Advertisement