Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.E.A.R & 2 expansion packs, worth the price??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

In my opinion, the only ones worth getting are FEAR and Extraction Point. Being a big FEAR fan (Played through first one around 6 times :) ) I was incredibly dissapointed by Perseus Mandate, Extraction Point wasnt a bad expansion but was nothing spectacular either, only Monolith did the first fear, expansions were done by Timegate and imo they are not near the same as first fear, looking at the platinum pack though it seems decent enough value for getting all 3 so I possibly reccomend you try them all, but my opinion is first FEAR ruled and it went downhill from there, Project Origin (FEAR2) on the other hand should be great :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

As above, Project Origin should be fantastic, I'd nearly pay €40 for Fear and EXP, but only nearly. So no, wait for PO and pick up Fear, EXP, and PO at the same time, turn off the lights and get a nappy. :D

As above, Project Origin should be fantastic, I'd nearly pay €40 for Fear and EXP, but only nearly. So no, wait for PO and pick up Fear, EXP, and PO at the same time, turn off the lights and get a nappy. :D
    Good advice m8, but if your looking for a scarier expirience I would also suggest trying out Monoliths Condemned: Criminal Origins (Available on pc aswell), I found it much more creepy as most of the time you must rely on melee attacking your enemies and you only get limited ammounts of ammunition (Like maybe 4 shotgun shells a go or 9 9mm rounds ;) ). So basicly in Condemned its harder coz you must rely on your melee attacking and I also found it much creepier :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

When is project origin due out? ive €80 in gamestop vouchers :D

Keith C wrote: »
    When is project origin due out? ive €80 in gamestop vouchers :D
    Sometime in 08 according to wikipedia, judging from available trailers though I'd say maybe earlier 08 rather than later, but dont take my word on that ;)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have completed fear and extraction point - unless your getting extraction point v cheap I wouldnt bother tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

F.E.A.R is good, for around 2 hours. After that it just gets shockingly repetitive, if you like that then fair enough but I pferer depth to my FPS games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved FEAR, and the expansion. Its definatly worth playing if you like FPS. and Especially if you like freaky FPS's.

Advertisement