Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lunar book and some DVDs you might like!

Options
  • 22-12-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

A few months ago a friend bought me Andrew Chaikin's "A Man on the Moon", which covers all the Apollo missions. I am almost finished it now. While out doing my Christmas shopping on Wednesday, in HMV on Henry Street I spotted a DVD entitled "From the Earth to the Moon". It is a dramatisation of the moon landings, based on Andrew Chaikin's book. One of its producers is Tom Hanks. He also did the foreword for the book and of course starred in the film Apollo 13. Near that DVD was another one: "Apollo 11 Men on the Moon". It focuses on the actual landing and has original footage and audio from it, as well as interviews with the astronauts.

I haven't watched either of the DVDs yet. Both of them are sets and have over 10 hours each. Together they cost me €65 - a little early Christmas present for myself. :) If you are interested, go upstairs in HMV, turn right, head toward the wall and turn left and they are near the end of the stand on the left, along with all the David Attenborough videos. The prices had been reduced, which may mean they are not selling a lot of them, but that means there is more chance that they'll still be there. Go and have a look or convince someone to get you a HMV voucher! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Flukey wrote: »
    "From the Earth to the Moon".

The best bit of tv ever made as far as I'm concerned. Amazing effects and casting. Buy it!.
    The book is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I watched the first two episodes of "From Earth to the Moon" last night and will watch more later. It is good. I had Andrew Chaikin's book close at hand, to check up a few things, which was handy.

Advertisement