Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To buy or not buy

• 22-12-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Have no knowlege of guitar hero bar the odd youtube video.

was lucking at maybe buying the guitar hero 3 package with the wireless guitar and was wondering do you get many songs with the game

do they release new songs on xbox live or anything like that

will the guitar work with the previous guitar hero games for the 360

what is diffrence between guitar hero and the rock band games

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Guitar Hero is only focussed on guitar & bass. Rock Band focusses on all members of the band, guitar, bass, drums and singer.

GHIII guitar will work for all older games

song packs are put up on Xbox live. Usually available in groups of 3 for 500 MS points, or some are released on their own for 200 MS points. Some are free aswell.

Can't think of the number of songs off hand but there's alot of songs.

And yes, you should definitely buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Between GHII, GHIII and all of the song packs that they've released on xbox live, you don't have to worry about running out of songs any time soon!

I just wish that they'd release "rocks the 80s" on xbox live, seeing as it was only really an expansion pack in the first place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd shudder at the thought of how much the song packs would cost though. The GH song packs released for GHII were far too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

just played the demo on xbox live with a standard 360 controller and really enjoyed I can only imagine how fun it is with the guitar defitnly gona pick this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

My sisters got me GH III for the Wii for Christmas and I'm really enjoying it, and I play the guitar (a real one!).

A definite buy I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Two simple words... buy it!
    Especially if you know someone else with it (on the same platform), two player GH is some of the funniest sh*t you'll ever experience.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

myself and a friend picked it up and i can honestly it far subpassed my expectations one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had with a 360 and the perfect game to have a few mates/beers

havig said I sincerly hate slayer due the difficulty of raining blood its the only song that taunts me on every difficulty

still feckin love this game is guitar hero 2 widely available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

is guitar hero 2 widely available?
    Id say so since guitar hero 3 was sold out nearly everywhere i looked for it so i doubt guitar hero 2 is sold out.but did anyone else notice that guitar hero 2 is 109.00 in GAME and its 89.00e for guitar hero 3 in most other shops? so why is guitar hero 3 cheaper ?(or is GAME just expensive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*bump* rather than start a new thread on the subject.

Right, I don't have anyone to play mp games with right now but I have been considering splashing for GH.

I have a wee bit of exposure to guitars from some of the sessions from college but very limited! I'm wondering would I get much play out of GH on my own or buy a second guitar and just play when I have friends around.

I'm just not sure I can justify 100.odd euro on a game :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Im pretty sure you can get a preowned copy of guitar hero 2 in Game for 70-80 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Buy It....
    Best fun and enjoyment i have had with a game in years.
    Great songs to play along with, have to agree with previous poster slayer is a bit*h to get right. Have gh2 and 3 on the 360, well worth the money.
    You can always go back over songs to play them better so you won't get bored that easily.

so then GH2 or GH3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i'd prolly go for GH3 because its a good bit cheaper and the guitar is wireless and you can always pick up GH2 on its own later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

tbh I would start with gh 2 because its easier,has better notecharts and its hard to go from gh3 back gh2 because the hammer-ons/pull offs are so different.

No point in a new thread.

Finally after much searching [Gamestop wanted 115e but the only one they was broken; Argos was out of stock of both 2 & 3; ended up bumming a lift to go to Dundrum and got GH3]

Love it. Really didn't know what to expect but had a few friends around and it was ****ing ace. Great craic and such a laugh.

Played easy for the weekend but moved to medium yday evening; making slow progress. The HO/PO I have some trouble with...I hit it in the tutorial but **** it up most times in a song.

Gonna pick up GH2 on the way home from work today.

Sub added to GH forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trb 93

Have no knowlege of guitar hero bar the odd youtube video.

was lucking at maybe buying the guitar hero 3 package with the wireless guitar and was wondering do you get many songs with the game

do they release new songs on xbox live or anything like that

will the guitar work with the previous guitar hero games for the 360

what is diffrence between guitar hero and the rock band games

cheers

you should definitely buy guitar hero 3,i think its the best game at the moment.You get 42 songs with the game and you can buy many more of xbox live.the diffrence with guitar hero and rock band are guitar comes with just a guitar and rock band comes with a guitar,a mircophone and a drum set,but rock band is much dearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

trb 93 wrote: »
    you should definitely buy guitar hero 3,i think its the best game at the moment.You get 42 songs with the game and you can buy many more of xbox live.the diffrence with guitar hero and rock band are guitar comes with just a guitar and rock band comes with a guitar,a mircophone and a drum set,but rock band is much dearer

Just for the record there's over 70 songs in GH 3, there's 42 songs in career mode and you can get other songs ingame as you earn money in career mode.

Advertisement