Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Losing Hair !!

Options
  • 22-12-2007 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My black lab bitch is losing a lot of hair, like i know dogs loose hair and all that but i think she's loosing a lot, she's just over 1 yr old and i thought that once the winter started she'd stop loosing so much hair but she's loosing as much as ever. Have her in the house and it's like i have to hoover the place every second day cos i hair. Should say she hasn't any bald patches or anything and she's perfectly healthy, i'm just wondering is this normal or is there anything i could do about it, maybe start her on regain ? (joke)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Alot of dogs which are being kept indoors literally moult all year as their *inner clock* gets confused re heat and cold.

What are you feeding her on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hoover the place every second day?

pfff....

We *could* hoover twice daily and still be drowning in dog hair :D

Regular brushing helps to catch most of the loose hair in one go and somewhat limits the distribution all around the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

The easiest way to sort this might be alot of brushing sessions! If she will let you, take her up the garden and give her a twenty minute grooming session twice a day, its the best way to hurry along shedding, my two have just stopped now and it did get so bad i had to hoover the decking in the garden, there were clumps floating around everywhere.

Advertisement