Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firelogs made from compressed sawdust

• 22-12-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Bought a pack of these in Superquinn about 3 weeks ago. There are 4/5 in a pack and very heavy. They're made from compressed sawdust and I think they cost €4.50 a pack. They're low ash and long burning. Absolutely super! Unfortunately they were a once off and I can't find them anywhere else. Has anyone seen them anywhere in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Not sure if they are the same things but Woodies sell "wood briquettes" and so do the eco shop in Glen of the Downs, ecoshop.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Cheers. I tried Atlantic and Homebase to no avail. Will try Woodies tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

deliver all over country, but you have to call to get prices

http://www.irishbiofuels.ie/Bio_HotNuts_Wood_Brickets.html

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I bought a wood chip condensed log type in Homebase a couple of wks ago. I don't remember what they are actually called. I went in to the one near churchtown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Saw loads in 4Home (the old Coop Superstores) over the weekend in Carrigaline.
    4 or 5 to a pack - sortof compressed woodchip/sawdust?
    If you are not in Munster I suggest you check at your local farmer's co-op.

Shame to realise quite salvageable timber (mahogany, teak, other hardwoods) that are, ahem, "recycled" at the local "amenity centre" actually are just chopped up and used for this. Oh well.

db.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

i think i saw these in Musgraves cash and carry in Ballymun a couple of weeks ago.
    Im not entirely sure though, so if you get there and its not them dont beat me up :)

Perhaps give them a call first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

MrVostro wrote: »
    i think i saw these in Musgraves cash and carry in Ballymun a couple of weeks ago.
    Im not entirely sure though, so if you get there and its not them dont beat me up :)

Perhaps give them a call first.

Is that open to the public ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I noticed these in Atlantic Homecare, Letterkenny. I'd presume them to be in all or at least most Atlantic's.

They were about €6 but don't know how many were in the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Bought a pack of these in Superquinn about 3 weeks ago. There are 4/5 in a pack and very heavy. They're made from compressed sawdust and I think they cost €4.50 a pack. They're low ash and long burning. Absolutely super! Unfortunately they were a once off and I can't find them anywhere else. Has anyone seen them anywhere in Dublin?

Aldi have firelogs for sale for 1.79 each, i use them and are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Went to Hombase in Churchtown on Friday and they didn't have anything! Ended up getting the other 'ecologs' in Woodies instead. Would prefer the other ones but not willing to buy a pallet of them from their website!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Found them in a couple of places last week.

Atlantic in Swords - 5.75 for a pack of 12 very small hollow logs i think. These are hollow and burn very fast. cant break them up. Not very good.

Roscrea at garage beside McDonalds on the N7.
    €4.75 for 6 large compressed sawdust logs. You can easily break them in 4 pieces each. each small broken pieces lasts about an hour and gives off ferocious heat. Well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Similar logs can be made at home using paper. there is two types, and square log which uses water. meant to be good but the logs neeed good time to dry out.
    The newer model is a cylinder type. link here

both can be bought cheap enough on ebay.

have one already, leave feedback for others........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 broke

Has any body made fire logs at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

wooooh now, jan 08 is long gone dude, try making a new thread in the DIY forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116

have fun

Advertisement