Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a nice oatmeal biscuit recipe

• 22-12-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭

I've a yearning right now for some oatmeal biscuits but every recipe I look up online seems to need egg, and I haven't got any egg in the fridge and well, i'd like to cook tonight!
    I've got pretty much anything needed for a good biccy recipe except for eggs :(

Anyone have some nice recipes to share?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

If by oatmeal you mean rolled oats then try Anzac Biscuits:

1 cup plain flour
    1 cup rolled oats
    1 cup desiccated coconut
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup butter
    2 tbsp golden syrup
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    2 tbsp boiling water

Combine the flour (sifted), oats, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
    Melt the butter and Golden Syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
    Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter and Golden Syrup.
    Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well.
    Spoon dollops of mixture, about the size of a walnut shell, onto a greased tin leaving as much space again between dollops to allow for spreading.
    Bake in a moderate oven, 180C / 350F, for 15-20 minutes.
    Cool on a wire rack and seal in airtight containers. Will last for a few weeks - if you can not eat them all in that time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks daiixi,
    I've been reading to many American websites - I'm looking for rolled oats recipies like the one you just posted.

Thats a keeper, sounds lovely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement