Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Fitness Malahide Rd to be sold for apartments?

Options
  • 22-12-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Heard the rumour today that Total Fitness Malahide Rd is to be sold?

Any truth in the rumour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Haven't heard anything. They're only after doing a refurb and upgraded a lot of the equipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Haven't heard a thing.

Having said that its been evident in the last few that there was no money or effort being put into facilities there.

For the price its pretty disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

It was GREAT when it started, really super. But, it's gone fairly shabby now. It also herded the people in, don't you think??

And, as every other square inch of land around it has been bought for Zillions...it is THAT surprising???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I agree when it first opened it was a nice spot but back then there are very few gyms around.I drive by it now to head to my gym Sportslink and I know loads of others who do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Not a chance any developer will take a chance on land there.

Belmayne isn't fully sold, and isn't exactly flying with the sales either. They have stopped building in parts of it too. There's talk of the local council buying up some of the unsold apartments in Belmayne, for affordable housing.

I live in Northern Cross, attached to the Hilton, and construction has slowed right down on the unfinished apartments, phase three of this place.

Clare Village, just in behind the shopping centre, the far side than the Total Fatness is on, has slowed down too with the building work.

And zero work has taken place in the open field on the other side of the N32, opposite the Hilton.

There is already planning permission for apartments in Belcamp College, and there has been for over a year, and nothing has started there either.

Only an idiot developer would try to build and sell on the Total Fitness site.

Also, Clongriffin is only down the road too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I see your point Des,maybe with the new dart station getting built this could change things a bit.

Advertisement