Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to ireland... Worst and best places.

Options
  • 22-12-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I want to go to uni then move to ireland.
    But i dunno where the best and worse bits are!
    I just want people to help me along the way lol
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bam_emma wrote:

Welcome.
    Ask away with any questions that you might have- the friendly folk here will no doubt give you pointers on things to do or avoid. Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Avoid Dublin at all costs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bam_emma

micmclo wrote: »
    Avoid Dublin at all costs :p

How come??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bam_emma wrote:
    How come??

Hes only joking.....

smccarrick wrote: »
    Hes only joking.....

I was going to say,
    Heard good on Dublin.
    But isnt it expensive??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bam_emma wrote: »
    How come??
    The smilies are a statement (such as tongue out, winking, etc) usually means sarcasm. The best idea would be to find two or three colleges that do the course you want, and then go here to see if the college is listed. If it is, go there, and ask what the area near the college is like, to get the best answer.

the_syco wrote: »
    The smilies are a statement (such as tongue out, winking, etc) usually means sarcasm. The best idea would be to find two or three colleges that do the course you want, and then go here to see if the college is listed. If it is, go there, and ask what the area near the college is like, to get the best answer.

Naa i wanna go to either liverpool or brighton uni, then when i've finished my course there.
    Thats when i want to move, so i have all that out the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sorry for causing confusion Emma. I stand by my comment though :)

But why are you looking for information?
    Your move to Ireland could be 3-4 years away and Ireland will have changed by then.

micmclo wrote: »
    Sorry for causing confusion Emma. I stand by my comment though :)

But why are you looking for information?
    Your move to Ireland could be 3-4 years away and Ireland will have changed by then.

I know but i cant wait!!
    I'm so excited for it!!!!!!
    Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It really depends on what you want to do. If you want the big(ish) city, go to Dublin. If you want mountains and lakes, head west. Lots of variety in between. Depending on what you do in college and want to work at, you choices might point you in certain directions, e.g. if you want to work in the chemical industry go to Cork, want to be a hippy, go to Galway.

Consider coming on a (working?) holiday before you decide to move permanently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I agree with Victor. Moving here is a big step and you might find that you don't like Ireland as much as you thought you might. It depends too on what sort of places you like. It's an expensive country to live in and even though there are a lot of great things about it, there are also a lot of incredibly frustrating things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 daymoh

bam_emma wrote: »

Have you visited Ireland before?

As Victor said a working holiday would be a good thing to do. Maybe you could do this during your summer holidays? It might help you make up your own mind? Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Advertisement