Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible,

Options
  • 22-12-2007 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

We are currently using letshost hosting for our website now there are two of use accessing the email i mainly access the email via webmail but he uses pop access now when he uses pop access all the webmail emails download so they are no longer available for me to view it is it possible for his to download the emails via pop yet allow them stay on the webmail?

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Depending on the POP mail client you're using, I know Outlook Express and Thunderbird both have an option to leave a copy of the messages on the server indefinitely.

If you activate that option they should still be available on the server to be read by webmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

ah yes i see that option in thunderbird leave message on server, Thanks a million Duckjob.

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why are you both accessing the same mailbox?

Why don't you use multiple mailboxes with forwarders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

As Michele said,

Set up a mailing list with two subscribers, or simply forward the email address to two seperate mailboxes. The cpanel letshost use can easily do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

We are currently using letshost hosting for our website now there are two of use accessing the email i mainly access the email via webmail but he uses pop access now when he uses pop access all the webmail emails download so they are no longer available for me to view it is it possible for his to download the emails via pop yet allow them stay on the webmail?

Thanks

Dan
    Why doesnt he use imap to access the email and you use the webmail or alternatively forward the email to 2 different mail accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

axer wrote: »
    Why doesnt he use imap to access the email and you use the webmail or alternatively forward the email to 2 different mail accounts.
    If both users connect at the same time using IMAP headaches will ensue! Believe me - I've tried it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

blacknight wrote: »
    If both users connect at the same time using IMAP headaches will ensue! Believe me - I've tried it :)

Use a Maildir format not mbox so that the file-level locking makes multiple simultaneous connections a dream. E.g. Courier IMAP works well for small work groups.

Advertisement