Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edge or Christian Cage

• 22-12-2007 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

In my opinion the most successful tag team of all time(Edge a 12 time WWF/E tag team champion,Christian 9 time WWF/E tag team champion) and also both moved extremely well into singles careers.

Edge is the best WWE has to offer and Christian Cage is,in my opinion, the best TNA has to offer. Both are still very similar with similar styles and both are the best promo men in their respective promotions. Both have been World Champions, one is a World Champion and both will be a World Champion again(after Edge losses it.)

Edge or Christian Cage(references in the video section.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

For me it's Christian but only because his finisher isn't a rugby tackle. They are unbelievably similar wrestlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Has to be Edge. Christian is a very close second though. Edge has had the better matches IMO and he made in the WWE. No offence to Christian, but he had to go to TNA to become a World champ. He got it because he was a big size fish in a pond as apposed to Edge being a big fish in the ocean. I think we can all agree, it is highly unlikely Christian would ever be a World champ in WWE. He may someday, but only cause he made it in TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

WWE missed the boat in not making Christian champ after putting him on Smackdown. He was insanely over at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Edge was lucky to become the big fish in the big pond with injuries suspensions and people moving show etc, he is steady in the ring and good on the mic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

EdK wrote: »
    Edge was lucky to become the big fish in the big pond with injuries suspensions and people moving show etc, he is steady in the ring and good on the mic though

There were no major injuries when he won Money in the Bank or when he cashed it in at New Year's Revolution and his second reign came early as he was going to win the title at Saturday Night's Main Event that summer anyway. RVD's "hobbie" just meant he got it sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bonking Lita was the best career move Edge ever made. It turned him from your average mid-card heel into one of the most hated men in the industry with instant heel heat. Heat which Vince McMahon very cleverly cashed in on by shoving him and Lita together as a pair. This is what launched Edge through the proverbial glass ceiling.

Christian on the other hand was doing things the right way. The old-fashioned way. His catchphrases and attitude inside the ring were causing a big stir and whereas politics were instrumental in Edge getting his big break, in contrast it was politics which stopped Christian from getting to the top.

In mid-2005 Christian was a hotter act than Edge in the wrestling business. That's a fact. You need only observe the Raw show from London where he was amazingly over, so much so that they had to dub in boos and cheers for his match with Batista - who himself was very over and who was WWE's biggest star at that time.

I agree with Bubs. They are unbelievably similar. In terms of charisma I'd give the nod to Christian. In terms of wrestling ability, right now I'd give it to Edge.

In terms of who is the more important guy in wrestling right now, undoubtedly it's Edge. I find that a shame as Christian had the potential to be so much more but Edge made it in the top company and I think it was Lance Storm who made the point that ex-WWE guys who go to TNA don't become becomes bigger stars than what they were in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I had a reply written but it seems to have disappeared...to keep it short, I said I used to hate Edge, changing the channel when he came on. I was always a bigger fan of Christian's and even now I enjoy watching him wrestle more. But it can be difficult at times because of TNA. If Christian had stayed with WWE, I think that he'd be better off today

I think Edge is the better of the two today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote: »
    I had a reply written but it seems to have disappeared...to keep it short, I said I used to hate Edge, changing the channel when he came on.

Was this when he was a babyface by any chance? I remember I hated him in his babyface run after the break-up of E&C as he just seemed so two dimensional but when he turned heel around summer '04 I thought he just came to life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Was this when he was a babyface by any chance? I remember I hated him in his babyface run after the break-up of E&C as he just seemed so two dimensional but when he turned heel around summer '04 I thought he just came to life.

I didn't like him as a face at all, although he was a part of the Smackdown 6 that used to have great matches every week. Still, he was easily the guy I disliked the most out of those six guys. I didn't like him when he first turned heel, but it's when he was first paired up with Lita that I'd change the channel. I just hated the guy by then. I'm sure part of it was because I'd been a big Matt Hardy fan for as long as I'd disliked Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

I think the answer is Christian was the better of the two after the break up of E&C, but Edge's star power has exploded since he won his first title, and has become, along with Cena and Orton, a guy who will become a perminant fixture in the main-event for the next 10 years. IMO, Edge is the most entertaining guy in the WWE today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think Christian because he is just a complete all rounder. He can work with anybody, but then again so is Edge. I think Christian Edges it in charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

For me, Edge is the better overall performer. He's more versatile in the ring, he's more credible and believable thanks to how he carries himself, and he's also more versatile on the mic.

That said, they're both great. But i think at times in TNA, while Christian has gelled fantastically in some ways, in others he's been exposed at times. Edge on the other hand, has improved drastically in the areas he was previously falling back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

Christian is the better wrestler not by much but he is much better on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Haven't seen edge wrestle in quite a while but Im blown away by christian at the moment, he can make anybody look good. That being said he hasn't been challenged much in TNA as they have generally given him a high standard of opponent.

Advertisement