Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester 1 exams and repeating year

• 22-12-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not there's a limit to the amount of subjects in semester one you can fail before you have to repeat the year, can't find anything on the website!

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

CrimE wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not there's a limit to the amount of subjects in semester one you can fail before you have to repeat the year, can't find anything on the website!

Thanks a mill

as far as i know, you must repeat the failed exams in the summer ( any amount )along with the your other 6 exams. If you have 45 credits or less / failed 3 or more modules by the end of semester 2 then you must repeat the year... i think !
    might find what your look ing for here
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/repeat_guide.html
    however this seems to be 2006/07 year , it may of changed since then be warned!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I always thought you could fail a maximum of four spread out over the 2 semesters. Although I wasn't quite sure how that fitted in with passing with compensation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

My understanding was that by the end of Stage 1 you cannot progress if you fail more than 2 modules.. (or 3 if you manage to have a high enough GPA to compensate a 3rd).. Either way you need a minimum of 50 credits to progress into Stage 2

And for example, if you were to fail two out of six exams in Sem1, it would be wise to repeat/take additional credits for Sem2 to better your chances of getting 50..

Don't take that as gospel though, pretty shaky on it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

If you get an NG, F or E in an option module it says in the Repeats and Resits Explained document that you can substitute it with any other option module...

Does this mean you can do that in the following semester? Or would you have to wait for the following stage? And what if you were in final year?

Advertisement