Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New top notch Gaming cafe

Options
  • 23-12-2007 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I was just wondering if any of you have been to the new gaming cafe?
    Its down the alley on the left next to subway at the bottom of eyre square (i cant remember the name of the street).
    If any of you are into games id check it out, i've been to loads of internet cafe's but this is by far the best i've been in. Its brand new and all the pc's are really high spec. Im lookin forward to gettin back to galway after christmas to get into it for a few hours.
    Any of ya been there yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the new one on Foster street? heard about it off a few people alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Yeah it does look really Impressive all right. Can't wait for some promotional nights or some all nighters :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Can't wait for some promotional nights or some all nighters :)

Clan used to do that.....The guy who owns Square eyes used to work in Clan, top guy too! dead on sound!

heh, kinda coincidental, but i might actually be heading down there tomorrow if it's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

the new one on Foster street? heard about it off a few people alright.

Yeh thats it alright.
    Yeah it does look really Impressive all right. Can't wait for some promotional nights or some all nighters

I gave them my number, it would be cool to have an all nighter soon.
    Steyer wrote:
    Clan used to do that.....The guy who owns Square eyes used to work in Clan, top guy too! dead on sound!

Thats what its called! I couldnt remember :/ His name is Ronan, he's dead on alright. I know him from a few nights in clan too.

• Advertisement

Its amazing the number of gaming cafes there are - Clan, Wired, Quench (they have games, but think people rarely play em now), this one, and is the one in the Bridge Mills still open?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Which of these is the cheapest and do any have warcraft III?

I assume they all have css. :)

and is the one in the Bridge Mills still open?

Thats long gone Danny. As is the one from across the road at Cullinanes.

Quench is gone aswell.
    Port gaming is good, nice computers and big monitors.
    Im not sure about the warcraft III Tar, its worth a look tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

don't forget wired on domnick street

• Advertisement

Which of these is the cheapest and do any have warcraft III?

I assume they all have css. :)

Nah , no way I know of has War3 :( but ofc they have CSS.
    Steyr wrote: »

Yeah , Ronan is dead on ;)
    mike o wrote: »
    don't forget wired on domnick street

Never been there but I've heard its just a CSS hole (I'm personally sick of it CoD4 and TF2 ftw!)

I was don't there today with some mates. There were doing some promotional games of CoD4 and CS ( I won the CoD4 one :D) got myself a premium card too (cheaper rates and points for every euro spent for extra time).

Yeah i think Wired has taken alot of Clan's business, i was in Clan about 3 Saturdays ago for C&C ZeroHour with 2 buddies and we were the only ones there!!:eek: Wired was packed to the rafters with CS and CSS gamers.

Gone are the days/nights of going to Clan at 6PM on a Saturday night and staying until 3 or 4 ( Or til when the kebab house was about to close :D ) playing CS and C&C and then onto Age Of Empires and then finishing the night with the best game i have ever played...Operation Flashpoint, and thats when there were 20 of us in there........Oh we had fun!:)

Thats long gone Danny. As is the one from across the road at Cullinanes.

Seriously? That mustn't've lasted long so. It seems gaming cafes dont last very long in our city. And when did Quench stop doing 'em?

Never been there but I've heard its just a CSS hole (I'm personally sick of it CoD4 and TF2 ftw!)

I ended up in there today actually, and at one stage practically everyone in there was in the same CoD4 server. it was pretty good actually, until by the end some guy named mike o logged on and started raping me.

couldn't get TF2 going though, Steam decided it would take a crap when we tried to run it.

Well I reckon a date needs to be made for some good olde Shooting gaming fun in square eyes for us (the less CS the better :P)

:DHow about a big ol game of Flashpoint? Using the Irish Army Camo of Course!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great games.

Galway lan?
    Nah, would never work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Glan Ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

it was pretty good actually, until by the end some guy named mike o logged on and started raping me.

my bad,it just your so shootable

It seems that with all of it apparent downfalls and whatnot, Clan is the only Gaming cafe that has weathered the storm, as it were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Is it Martin from Clan who's running it? Christ, I remember the all-nighters we had when they were still out past the Terryland Dunnes. Nothing like getting off work at 9 on Friday, playing until 7 and then going back into work before I did it all again.

/nostalgic glow

A double pity was that I used be on Prospect Hill before I moved to the desert. I need to find out if Vegas has any quality gaming cafes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

It seems that with all of it apparent downfalls and whatnot, Clan is the only Gaming cafe that has weathered the storm, as it were.
    The Clan shop is run by a family and has been for decades now, they have no real expenses besides staff and a few bits and bobs. Whatever sort of a profit it turns they can afford to keep it open.
    Fenster wrote: »
    Is it Martin from Clan who's running it?
    Ronan McDonagh is the man responsible I think, nice guy all round in my experience. More power to him and I hope it goes well. He needs to get advertising that place though, I never knew it was there until I read this thread, and neither did my gaming addicted brothers! :D It would be a shame for it to join the packed ranks of closed internet cafes in Galway.

It's far too expensive for me to step foot in there though...

Clan are selling all there pc's now, there getting a new load of systems in, and there is word of them doing up the garage part at the back aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

just spent a few hours in there. Very nice place but far too expensive in my opinion. Maybe they will cut their costs after being open for a while.

Its a very big place and i dont see them every getting a full house with those prices.

Although its the only viable option these days.

Clan has gone to ****. The last time i was there the games kept crashing. Tried many pc's and game selection was not up to date.

The place across the road from clan is really cramped but they have nice systems.

The prices dont seem that bad once you get the premium card. Ends up at 5 per hour in that stage.

I guess they are just trying to recoup as much money as quick as possible.

Fracture wrote: »
    Clan are selling all there pc's now, there getting a new load of systems in, and there is word of them doing up the garage part at the back aswell.

Yes Enda told me that too, i may ask him for one..:) And Ronan is a real sound guy, the AD's are out there in the Advertiser etc and he sends us text messages almost daily etc.

Yes Enda told me that too, i may ask him for one..:) And Ronan is a real sound guy, the AD's are out there in the Advertiser etc and he sends us text messages almost daily etc.

Thats not good news! I want one but i cant afford it until my wages come through next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

how much for the systems any idea's ?

He didnt mention but i woudnt hazard a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was in there couple days ago and it's absolutely amazing. so so so impressive, its unlike anywhere else i've ever been.

though, its expensive enough (15e for 2 hours) and the french dude at the counter has very very french english and he's hard to understand :p

Advertisement