Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New top notch Gaming cafe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

awhir wrote: »
    how much for the systems any idea's ?

They are 240 euro for the system(inc mouse & keyboard) or 260 inc monitor.
    Getting myself one tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

I thought ronan's place was way too expensive.

There is a lan place in carraroe with savage systems and if you have an account, 20 quid gets you 7hrs 45mins. 20 wouldn't even get you 3 in square eyes.

having said that, the setup in there is impressive, but im not prepared to fork out what theyre askin. that whole 75 euro premium thing seemed a bit of the wall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fracture wrote: »
    They are 240 euro for the system(inc mouse & keyboard) or 260 inc monitor.
    Getting myself one tomorrow :)

You might think that's a good deal but it probably isn't. I was in Clan a few times, and most of the PC's are crap. Several of them could only run Call of Duty 2 on low-mid settings - and thats a game that even a 90 euro card like a 7600Gt can run at high effortlessly, so it goes to show the hardware that must have been in some of those machines. And this was after the 'upgrade', at the time. Of course, some of the PC's were better, but there's always the danger you could end up with an ancient Pentium 4 and a crap graphics card for 260....

It's the only gaming cafe I know that half the machines could run a game at decent settings and the rest at low-med settings.....hardly far on all customers paying the same price. Not to mention visual quality aside, it makes it much harder to play well on a machine where you can only see a bunch of messy pixels in the distance....is it a person? Or is it a bush? etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

gufcfan wrote: »

There is a lan place in carraroe
    Ok you should have stopped at the word Carraroe:p:D:p

The price decreases as every hour passes in Square eyes im told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Anyone remember Future Zone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Is anyone up for a boards.ie gaming session some time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

was in playing cod4 again yesterday for a bit...
    got my premium member card for €15 (supposed to be €40)

ronan's doing a deal where people who he knew went to clan a good bit get a decent rate on the card. i think its 5e per hour with the premium card and after 4 hrs its 3e an hour.

oh and you get 2cents back on every euro you spend.. not much but at least its something :)

also yeah it'd be interesting to see what a lan from 10pm to say 4am would be like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Was in there with Drake yesterday and the setup was awesome. Cod4 on high settings on a 24" flat screen is some sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Drake - hold on to that thought.
    Thar be wombles in the pipeline, huffin the gas.

• Advertisement

I'd definitely string along for some lan-age. I'd say the GF would too.

HavoK wrote: »
    You might think that's a good deal but it probably isn't. I was in Clan a few times, and most of the PC's are crap. Several of them could only run Call of Duty 2 on low-mid settings - and thats a game that even a 90 euro card like a 7600Gt can run at high effortlessly, so it goes to show the hardware that must have been in some of those machines. And this was after the 'upgrade', at the time. Of course, some of the PC's were better, but there's always the danger you could end up with an ancient Pentium 4 and a crap graphics card for 260....

It's the only gaming cafe I know that half the machines could run a game at decent settings and the rest at low-med settings.....hardly far on all customers paying the same price. Not to mention visual quality aside, it makes it much harder to play well on a machine where you can only see a bunch of messy pixels in the distance....is it a person? Or is it a bush? etc...

True,
    I wanted a particular machine in there but when i went to get it i was told that there was a deposit on it, aswell as all the other good machines. I had to settle for one of the crapper ones.
    Although he did clean the machine out, reformat it and deleted everything, it is working really well and im very happy with it. Now for some custom upgrades of my own!
    grasshopa wrote:
    Is anyone up for a boards.ie gaming session some time?
    Thats a great idea, id be up for that. Id need to know at least a week before hand tho, i work nights and its hard for me to attend any lan unless i can book that night off work a week or 2 before it happens.

Im game for some War!:D

Steyr wrote: »
    The price decreases as every hour passes in Square eyes im told.

its 7, then 6, then 5, then 5, then 5, then 5, then 5...

I still think that is too expensive. Personally i dont care so much, but for their own sake, and keeping the business going after the initial novelty wears off for some people, i think the price point they chose was a little high.

I do understand that he has to pay all his staff and finance all the PC's in there.

I dont like the whole speaker idea though. If im in there again ill have to remember headphones coz its buts in there with everyone with their speakers turned up.

So if i organised a night and tried to get a deal for the night would anyone here be interested in a lockin? Id try and gat maybe a lock in for 30 euro a head if i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

I'd deffo be intrested and I could probably convince a few more too. It will all depend on the day tho ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'd be up for a bout...

6 hours is a bit hardcore for me.

Still pretty expensive, the one across the road from clan is €7 for 2 hours.

OK everyone tell me some days and times that suits and I'll throw up a poll. I can bring about 4 more people also, in case of disaster

So what kind of games would be on? I really don't like Team Fortress 2, or Counter Strike Source, probably the 2 most popular online games...ever.

I do play Battlefield, Call of Duty 1/2/4, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Well I personally can't stand CCS anymore but I still love TF2 ( although without a big groups its not as fun) .

Hopefully if Ronan listened to me the last day , we could get a game of this going : http://www.moddb.com/mods/4506/goldeneye-source

Bring on GOLDENEYE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Rocket Crowbar Or Death!

Operation Flashpoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call of Duty 4 is a game that everyone likes. Don't question it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Steyr wrote: »
    Operation Flashpoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** off?

I prefer to shoot myself in the face than spend 30 minutes crawling across a map until I find someone to shoot.
    I have others to support my beliefs!

Caliden wrote: »
    **** off?

I prefer to shoot myself in the face than spend 30 minutes crawling across a map until I find someone to shoot.
    I have others to support my beliefs!

And then getting shot from 1000m away, and having to crawl for another 10 minutes before someone else shoots you. :D

Flashpoint gets a big no no from me. COD4 would be a sure thing and Goldeneye Source would be cool as well...

/sign
    /endorse

squareyes is cheaper for me cos i've got the premium membership /proud

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

DRakE wrote: »
    /sign
    /endorse

squareyes is cheaper for me cos i've got the premium membership /proud

same as.
    5 per hour with the card is not too bad at all.

Aye but even with that it's not as cheap as the one across from clan

or as cheap as port.
    I love playing at port, but anyway, so we should just set a night and get as many ppl as possible.
    As for games played, well i suppose cod4 is a definate, a bit of cs, maybe some team fortress 2? Day of defeat? or we can just choose on the night?

What night suits u all best? Most people work weekdays so maybe a friday night?

• Advertisement

Id be up for it definately, but i cant confirm until someone sets a definately date for it...

Advertisement