Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New top notch Gaming cafe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Went to Squareyes the last day. Very impressed with the place. Everything was going so well until I went for a game of Counter-Strike and noticed that the mouses are too sensitive and theres no way to change it on the mouses(i dont think so anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Of course you can reset the mouse sensitivity just do it at the start menu!!
    What are the prices for port? Wired (across from lan) is dirt cheap but the set up is the same as being a non-free range chicken - crapmed as hell with no ac, but you get what you pay for i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I work Thursday/Friday Night and all day Sat and Sun.

So not exactly great times, I usually miss most social events.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Of course you can reset the mouse sensitivity just do it at the start menu!!

Nope, I put the Counter Strike mouse sensitivity setting to the least sensitive it can go and it was still too sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

whats it like there on weekdays? Is it busy?
    We should all meet up there some night for the craic...

how does wednesday night sound? 8pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Hmmm i have no idea. Worked fine for me. Altough what was annoying was having to mess around with the control options for ages to disable the xbox controller when playing crysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Shanley wrote: »
    Went to Squareyes the last day. Very impressed with the place. Everything was going so well until I went for a game of Counter-Strike and noticed that the mouses are too sensitive and theres no way to change it on the mouses(i dont think so anyways)

You press one of the buttons on the side, but i cant remember again, how it worked. Ronan showed me the day I went in there first, but I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

I'm sure if ye guys ask mark at wired he could sort something out about a lock in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Yeah, I'd be much happier with Wired, price vs gaming experience it really pays off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Yeah was in Square Eyes a couple of weeks ago, top class facility. I would agree with it being abit pricy though.
    DRakE wrote: »
    /sign
    /endorse

squareyes is cheaper for me cos i've got the premium membership /proud

Damm you DRakE I deserved one of those memberships, cristiano was part of the Xlan, Anal Turbo, Brokenarrows, Superpackage team too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

grasshopa wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be much happier with Wired, price vs gaming experience it really pays off

Id rather pay a bit more for the comfort, i like wired but its too cramped, too bright, the keyboards piss me off, and when someone is walking past u they always hit your chair. They are really nice guys n all. tbh if we can all set a date , a location etc ill play anywhere.

I'm heading tonight, I hope its busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

anyone notice the other netcafe/games place on the sean mulvoy road near to passax
    it may have been mentioned already in this thread but im to lazy to read it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Quench has nice teas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd like a lock in in wired.
    Was there last night playing Cod4 from 9:30 to 3 for 3e an hour with compsoc.
    Was great. Somebody got everybody free chips, burgers, redbull and coke, added to the experience. But anyway, there are a lot of food places around wired as well as a nice price/owner.

COD4/css there all night anyone? :)

Squareyes was grand the other night. Its a top notch place inside but the place was empty on the night which was a wednesday.
    I just found their site: www.squareyes.com
    I'll definately go again but was dissapointed there wasn't enough people there - but will let them off as it was a Wednesday.

how do u change the mouse sens on those razors? clicking the side buttons didn't do it for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Go into the mouse options(hardware) if you can not get the option in the particular game. You can set up what a mouse button will do etc as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Mark here, from Wired.

If you want I can set up a lock-in for ye here (9pm onwards, as long as people want). So far all of our regular lock-ins (at least one per month) have been booked full, so there'll be no problem with filling it anyway.

The rate is €3 per hour. The max charge is €15, so after 5 hours it's free (we usually end our lock-ins at 7am).

The way I see it you have nothing to lose - if you come in and don't like it you can organise one somewhere else. ;)

We are a social gaming centre, based around our community (we opened in October and have 782 members). Everything from our games list and content to events are suggested and voted for our members online. To find out more info about Wired check out our website - WiredIreland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

+1 Wired support. I haven't seen CSS being played in there in ages. Then again it's a while since I went during the time between kids getting out of school and their parents furiously beeping the horn outside to collect them :)

True about the bumping into chairs on your way to a machine, but that's really a minor niggle. I think the general atmosphere makes up for it. That and hardcore COD 4 games. There's just something about an M60 made out of solid gold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Passent.Habek

I think it comes down to what you want from a lan. The older more discerning customer with a little more money to spend on comfort and better machines will be attracted to Squareyes. I mean you have to take into consideration what you will spend on a night out on the town .. a night's entertainment in squareyes is relatively good value in comparison. If you are a youger gamer without too much cash then wired is a better choice for you but you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    +1 Wired support. I haven't seen CSS being played in there in ages. Then again it's a while since I went during the time between kids getting out of school and their parents furiously beeping the horn outside to collect them :)

True about the bumping into chairs on your way to a machine, but that's really a minor niggle. I think the general atmosphere makes up for it. That and hardcore COD 4 games. There's just something about an M60 made out of solid gold...

One thing that annoyed me is that the headphones pull the feck out of your ears, hurts like hell after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Sorry about the headphones Tar, they were a last minute stopgap and will be replaced very soon (with much better ones ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

I wasnt sure about Square Eyes at first but I have to say that I think that it is decent value for money, even though I said the oppposite before...

They really have beefed up the games lineup, and there are a lot more on the way apparently, and they will be up and running with the food very soon i'm told. It may be a tiny bit more pricey than the others but it is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Whats the story with playing steam games in there? I was with a friend who doesn't have a steam account if he made an account would he be able to play games he hasn't bought in there online? And cod4 wouldn't work online it kept saying something about punkbuster.

I have to agree square eyes is a top notch place. I try and head down every wednesday to chillaxe.
    Hacktavist, u can't play online unless u have a steam account. COD4 online... its a LAN, why don't u get a few ppl together and play it as a LAN. The punkbuster error comes up the whole time, but I think u can get around that. Ask one of the admin's in there; they are very helpful.
    There is a COD4 comp there this saturday - u won't need to go online then...

come to wired so we can have a 1v1 instagib oin UT Sniipe. Hehe

and wc3? ;)
    Whats the story with playing steam games in there? I was with a friend who doesn't have a steam account if he made an account would he be able to play games he hasn't bought in there online? And cod4 wouldn't work online it kept saying something about punkbuster.

Surely the internet cafe have their own steam account with most games on it? It's bollocks if they don't but I imagine they would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Well i asked and he said you have to login to your own steam account but i never checked if you could play games you hadn't bought over steam in there. well we tryed to play on the lan but there was 4 other lads in there that obviously didn't want us in their game (could hear them over the wall!) they left and started a new game. but we couldn't play online either. wasn't impressed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

gufcfan wrote: »
    I wasnt sure about Square Eyes at first but I have to say that I think that it is decent value for money, even though I said the oppposite before...

I am still undecided as I rather liked Ports system where you got the discount by how much you purchased, not on how long you will physically be there at any one time *shrugs*

For late nights sure, I think it works out cheaper but beyond that? Wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

hacktavist wrote: »
    And cod4 wouldn't work online it kept saying something about punkbuster.

You have to disable punkbuster in settings i think. They are running the games without a cd. I think punkbuster flags that up.

• Advertisement

hacktavist wrote: »
    Well i asked and he said you have to login to your own steam account but i never checked if you could play games you hadn't bought over steam in there. well we tryed to play on the lan but there was 4 other lads in there that obviously didn't want us in their game (could hear them over the wall!) they left and started a new game. but we couldn't play online either. wasn't impressed really.

Yeah, uh that sucks. :confused:

Advertisement