Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Rd

Options
  • 23-12-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

Anyone have any idea when College Rd Cork will be finished, I'm sick of having to drive all the way around through the narrow roads just to get home from College.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm fairly sure they're leaving it as a one way street

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You serious? - great was looking forward to it being a two way again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Well you could start walking to college => Problem solved!

CIT Though :(

Edit: - I'll be living out near CIT next year for my final definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I dunno about the one way thing, aren't there bus stops on both sides of the road now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Number 8, number 5. However if you still insist on driving you can give me a spin up to Crawford cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaCorkGeezer

There's a signpost by Dennehy's Cross I think that says College Rd will be completed in "Summer 08". Whatever that means :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

There's a signpost by Dennehy's Cross I think that says College Rd will be completed in "Summer 08". Whatever that means :rolleyes:

We all should be using space pods by the time it's done.

But with the widened footpath the road looks far too narrow to be two-way?

It was a taxi driver that told me it was staying one-way, annoying as it adds 2 or 3 euro onto the cost of a taxi into town

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

surely it's going to be back to two way, there's a bus stop on the inbound side of the rd by the pharmacy building...

• Advertisement

Yeah and it is brand new as well, but as mentioned above, it will be a tiny road :(

Yeah it was already very hard for two buses or trucks to pass going the opposite direction, it will be even harder with the wider footpath

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Surely it's an optical illusion that the road is smaller? Did they not demolish the existing wall of UCC to cater for the widening of the footpath?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

aye, teh road is the same width, possibly a little wider by a few inches. defo not narrower.

Yeah perhaps ye are right - A hair dresser did tell me that the road should be wider at the end of this.

Advertisement