Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cars parked in two spaces what bugs you?

• 23-12-2007 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

i drove my car round a car park today for at least 20 mins looking for a parking space and there it was the oldest one in the book, a 07 bmw parked in two spaces what i would have loved to do that car or even better the owner iv seen a lot of this going on around dublin some one told me the reason apart from them been rude is they dont want any one parking beside them in fear of scratches to their pride a joy, is it just me or does it bug you to? o it makes me so mad:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Height of ignorance tbh..! See this a lot in Limerick too..

I saw a 07 volvo parked across 2 spaces yesterday at Dunnes and a Mercedes actually parked across a regular and handicap spot in Aldi! Im gonna have to put my camera in the car!

Another classic is the "swing it in" brigade where the car is diagonally parked in the space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

o yea forgot about that one most times thats a boy racer who pulls that one off the little runts. good idea about camera take pic post and shame would be a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

i drove my car round a car park today for at least 20 mins looking for a parking space and there it was the oldest one in the book, a 07 bmw parked in two spaces what i would have loved to do that car or even better the owner iv seen a lot of this going on around dublin some one told me the reason apart from them been rude is they dont want any one parking beside them in fear of scratches to their pride a joy, is it just me or does it bug you to? o it makes me so mad:mad:
    • Wait at the car to confront them
    • Inform security (if there is security)
    • Failing that, rant on boards where people will agree but cannot do anything.

micmclo wrote: »
    • Wait at the car to confront them
    • Inform security (if there is security)
    • Failing that, rant on boards where people will agree but cannot do anything.
    have to let the steam off some were:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Look down the length of both sides of your car, when it's clean and on a bright day. You will see verticle ripples, or in some cases, dents.

This is what other people do to your car in carparks, if you let them.

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote: »
    Look down the length of both sides of your car, when it's clean and on a bright day. You will see verticle ripples, or in some cases, dents.

trust me its happend to me came out of shops one day big dint and scratch down side of my car and of course no one seen anything as per:mad:

trust me its happend to me came out of shops one day big dint and scratch down side of my car and of course no one seen anything as per:mad:
    Now you know why people park across two spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sometimes one has no choice but to take up two spaces ie when someone next to you is parked a*&*ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Now I know why people have a tendency to key BMW's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sometimes one has no choice but to take up two spaces ie when someone next to you is parked a*&*ways.

When they leave, it looks like you've done it on purpose.

Then someone like the_syco keys you. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

BostonB wrote: »
    When they leave, it looks like you've done it on purpose.

Then someone like the_syco keys you. Nice.
    I drive a battered up LWB Transit work vehicle, an extra scratch isn't going to make any difference, it will normally hog up two places :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'll admit that I do this, but normally I will go to the extremeties of the car park where generally nobody parks anyway. This is to avoid ignorant people with trolleys, door prangers, etc. People with children in my opinion need to have the spaces closer as it's hard enough as it is to manage them in & out of the car without having to negotiate them through the car park. I respect that, I also respect that I need to keep my car as far away from preoccupied parents that inadvertently prang my door while ushering their children of of their car. It only takes a minute extra to park further away but it's worth it to prevent damage.
    Also lazy people tend to look for spaces near the door, their driving tends to be as lazy as them, I regularly see people pulling in & out of spaces thinking nothing of rubbing bumpers with the car next to them. Their attitiude is "that's what bumpers are for". It cost me €300 for a paint job to fix the last bumping incident. €70 a dent then for the door prangs.
    That's why people take up two spaces.
    And yes I drive a BMW, when driving a rep mobile type machine from work e.g. Focus/Jeep I might park a little closer in one space. BMWs/Mercs seem to be magnets for this type of damage.

In fact if the car park is too busy & I cannot find a space that I "like" (e.g. end of row space especially at the LHS of row, reduced possibility of another driver pranging door) then I'll just come back another time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

x2

I do it in any carpark in dublin,i've spent over 1k having dents and scratchs repaired from careless people who fling there doors open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

i do it if the car park isnt very busy. if its busy ill just go to a far away corner of the carpark and park in 1 space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

A lot of this parking across double spaces is deliberately done by pig ignorant anuses who know full well what they are doing, who could not care less about other people and worst of all who know that they will get away with it.

Waiting to confront them is not a good idea these days given the random unpredicatability of human behaviour and the tendency to violence.

I always favoured surgical removal of the inside part of the valve for at least 2 tyres with one of those little valve removal gizmos that you can get in the accessory shops. This leaves two flat tyres that cannot be inflated. be careful about how you do it as the valve could fly out ! I do not recommend this of course as it is advocating criminality. Wouldn't you do it if you could be sure to get away with it ??

I miss my aunties old Triumph Herald that I got to use as a student because of the lock on the steering. It got me out of the most ridiculous parking problems imposed by some of these parking ignoramuses. The best one was to get out of the space and leave the offender looking like he had parked across an empty space.....

Some of these parkers will get the message where they do that in private car parks managed by some of those car parking control companies who just itch for any excuse to get you. Mind you they are another story...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Seen a lot of toszers do this. Especially when a car park is really busy and theres no where to park. When I was driving on of the Smart Fortwo, I used to park behind them and block them in. Always great to see them come back asking what I was doing. Always told them Im in the "other" parking space :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Orange69 wrote: »
    Height of ignorance tbh..! See this a lot in Limerick too..

I saw a 07 volvo parked across 2 spaces yesterday at Dunnes

was that at Jetland yesterday about 4....they were effing everywhere yesterday . I took a photo of a Movano out there...same thing....bluetooth isn't working though. feck sake some of the parking out there is just ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

you could always do a 'sandwich' - wait until both spaces next to the offending car are empty...

get 2 cars, park them either side of the offending car's passenger and driver door, so tight that a human can't fit through the gap. Even fold both of the wing mirrors so you can get it nice and tight :p

leave the cars there and laugh about it from a distance when the offending driver tries to get back in :D

something i picked up in college ;) Not something i'd recommend on strangers though but it would be bloody funny and teach them a lesson :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

When i saw the title I guessed it was going to be about a BMW. Obviously I didn't see the parking, so most probably the person was parking like a tosser. But in defence of BMW drivers, we are not always to blame.I was in a carpark the other day. I had to park across the white line, because the other BMW beside me was over the white line. Taught to myself. Yeah maybe the these stereo types are right about BMW drivers. But as i left to go to the shop. I noticed it wasn't the car next to me. It was the car next to it that was causing the problem.A Fiat Punto. Covered in ice. So it had being park their for a number of hours.

AnnaStezia wrote: »
    A lot of this parking across double spaces is deliberately done by pig ignorant anuses who know full well what they are doing, who could not care less about other people and worst of all who know that they will get away with it.

Waiting to confront them is not a good idea these days given the random unpredicatability of human behaviour and the tendency to violence.

I always favoured surgical removal of the inside part of the valve for at least 2 tyres with one of those little valve removal gizmos that you can get in the accessory shops. This leaves two flat tyres that cannot be inflated. be careful about how you do it as the valve could fly out ! I do not recommend this of course as it is advocating criminality. Wouldn't you do it if you could be sure to get away with it ??

I miss my aunties old Triumph Herald that I got to use as a student because of the lock on the steering. It got me out of the most ridiculous parking problems imposed by some of these parking ignoramuses. The best one was to get out of the space and leave the offender looking like he had parked across an empty space.....

Some of these parkers will get the message where they do that in private car parks managed by some of those car parking control companies who just itch for any excuse to get you. Mind you they are another story...
    yes i would like a shot:Di woulden think twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Took this picture this afternoon.... eejits!

23122007388.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

My eyes!! The goggles do nothing!! :eek:

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Took this picture this afternoon.... eejits!

23122007388.jpg

clearly loads of space and still parks in two spaces. heres another one that gets my goat people who park there cars on a path and youv about 2 inchs to get by there is a guy were i live parks his two cars on path out side his house and to get past you have to walk out on to the road pitty any one in wheelchair trying to get past:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

clearly loads of space and still parks in two spaces. heres another one that gets my goat people who park there cars on a path and youv about 2 inchs to get by there is a guy were i live parks his two cars on path out side his house and to get past you have to walk out on to the road pitty any one in wheelchair trying to get past:mad:

That neighbour will probably the first to start screaming and shouting when he wakes up one morning to see a scratch along the side of his car

eireal wrote: »
    x2

I do it in any carpark in dublin,i've spent over 1k having dents and scratchs repaired from careless people who fling there doors open.

Just thinking, if everyone took 2 spaces then no-one would ever have to get dents repaired!

Like rebel.ranter and johncm I park in an unattractive part of the car par (ie not close to the door), but if place has lots of shops (eg Tesco Maynooth) I'll happily take 2 spaces.

Oh, and I don't drive a BMW. But even if I did I'd still want to look after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Permanent Marker on the windscreen with message written backwards explaining exactly what you think of this behaviour ftw! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

You'll hate me but i do this whenever I can...

I drive a Celica and it seems that i always get the most retarded drivers parking beside me.. so i park up the back of carparks an i take 2 spaces (not in anyone's way) :mad:

was out shopping the other the other day and a guy parked literally 3inches away from my driver door had to wait 20mins for him to come back to his car so i could get in to open my door!!

it is just beyond me how people pull in to a space and dont straighen up there is nuthin that can't wait 2mins!

was also in blanchardstown got a lovely stratch all across my passenger door from a 07 almera, called security and they told me they couldnt do anythin.... (more like they were too lazy)

i have to admit i keyed the guys car to get him back... if i have to pay for my repairs then he has to pay for his .. i know its total scummy behaviour but its happened to me so many times i've really no conscience about it anymore..

you stratch me.. il stratch you back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

msdurden wrote: »
    i have to admit i keyed the guys car to get him back...

Pure scumbag. Enough said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I "fixed" the problem of taking two spaces once.....

I was looking for a space in a shopping centre, and encountered the usual (new volvo taking two spaces). I got out my trolley jack, jacked up the car and moved it into one space. Then I parked in the other space I created.

Problem solved. I got a space and the other car was now in one space.

By the way, I have seen parking fines issued in the UK for taking two spaces like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Taken a few days ago

Basically saying I don't care where I park

Advertisement