Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cars parked in two spaces what bugs you?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

event wrote: »
    almost as bad as some tool/arsehole taking up two spaces so his precious car wont get a mark on it

I'd have no problem with someone double parking behind someone taking up two space when a car park is full. But I don't see a problem in taking up two spaces where theres lots of room, and where its not like to fill up while you are parked.

Causing criminal damage to other persons properly like denting their doors has a big cost. We all end up paying for that when they claim on their insurance. So remember that when you paying your premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ordinarily I'd agree that taking up 2 spaces is just ignorant and selfish...

.. but then I discovered earlier this week that someone put a dent in my driver's door whilst I was parked (neatly) in one of these shopping centre car parks.

So, seeing as it's likely to cost me a few hundred to fix, I can understand anyone who has a decent car wanting to keep it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

A few people need to wake up and come into the real world here :rolleyes:

It pi55es me off no end picking up parking dents at the hands of other drivers and I have no problem with someone taking efforts to avoid them. Parking spaces are too narrow, too short too actually these days it would seem making it very difficult to leave room between cars for people to get in or out, all it takes is for one car in a line to park a few inches to one side of a space, people compensate down the line, in a few spaces someone ends up parking over two spaces through no fault of their own. If the other cars leave it looks like the one between spaces was the offender, then someone blocks them in or keys them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I've sat an watch a few people parking badly, a lot of the time its just crap drivers. I watched a woman try and drive straight into a space, she had loads of room and took 3 attempts at it and her arse was still hanging over the white line. They cant seem to work it out, if you reverse without moving the steering wheel, you'll go in the same crap way you did the first time. But most of the time its just the 'abandon' if the cars stopped, it's parked.

People have no respect for other peoples cars, so i have no problem with people deliberately taking up two spaces, but just unable to park or the car sitting at a 45d angle annoys me. I wont park in a tight space and will happily drive around looking for on street parking rather than let some cu*t scratch my car.

Advertisement