Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's this song I heard on 103fm??

• 23-12-2007 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

I skipped onto 103fm and was pretty surprised to hear some instrumental metal playing. When the song finished a crowd cheered, so it was a live recording, and the presenter (whoever it was) goes,

"And that was (band name), check out the EP if you want to hear more of it, and I know that you do..."

The band name sounded like 'Red'. Or maybe 'Reds' or red something. I can't be sure. I'd say it's an Irish band? Anyone have a good clue as to who it could be... it was more of a melodic sound than a heavy, thrashy sound.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Could be redneck manifesto,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Could be redneck manifesto,
    Most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Hmm I'm listening to their MySpace and I don't think this is the band I heard... the band I heard was a bit heavier. Redneck Manifesto was a very good guess though. I might just email the station altogether because I really want to know who it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Hmm I'm listening to their MySpace and I don't think this is the band I heard... the band I heard was a bit heavier. Redneck Manifesto was a very good guess though. I might just email the station altogether because I really want to know who it was.

The Rednecks have some heavier songs too though-I reckon it still could be them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Red Sparowes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

I used to present the metal show on that station so it could be For Ruin and the song was called "into red". Could be wrong though!!

Also it could have been a live version of At The Gates - "The Red In The Sky Is Ours".

That's all that springs to mind. Neither are instrumental but if you caught the last of the songs you may have thought they were.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Cheers, sorry for taking so long to get back but, dib, that sounds good. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Could have also been Red Dawn. I've heard of them being confused for being Irish because of the band member's names.

Advertisement