Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on LG U990 on 3?

• 23-12-2007 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with the LG U990 on 3? I'm thinking of getting one but I know nothing about LG phones other than it seems pretty cool. At the moment I am using a k800.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is a review here, there are also user reviews on it too if you scroll down the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks for the link. I might risk it as the k850 doesn't seem all that different from the k800 to justify upgrading, and the U990 is cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

I just ordered mine today, with a broadband 100mb addon.

Switching from o2. I have a k800i to.

i paid 42.99 euro for o2 which inc. 10mb download cap, insurance, 50 txt and 40min month

now for 54.99 i get 100mb and 400min, no insurance or txts though. wish they still had the 200/200! and 100euro cash back. so my viewty is 129 instead of 229 when i get that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Keep us posted on what you think of it. I'll port over to 3 once o2 give me the network unlock code for my current phone.

Still waiting for it to arrive maybe tomorrow:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its a great phone, no problems. Excellent cam. And great for watching movies.

I only have one problem, dust is building up under the screen. And for such a big screen(and its main function) this is a problem.

Might be returning it for a replacement!

Kicks the ass of my old K800i!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

need to drag this old thread up for a couple of questions as i'm thinkin of gettin this phone as its now around €299 unlocked

If people watch movies on this phone what is the biggest mic sd card it will take ?
    After a few months are people still happy with this phone any laws over time noticed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

it looks like a half decent phone. but i would never buy it branded/locked. definitely not on 3 - the amount of s**t they put on their phones is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im waiting on this phone to arrive, Im upgrading from a K800i (was expecting it today actually but it never came:() Ill post back when I get it and tell you what I think.

Im not getting it through 3 so I might need someone to post the internet settings etc. for 3 when I get it so I can set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Im not getting it through 3 so I might need someone to post the internet settings etc. for 3 when I get it so I can set it up.

OK, I found a link which showed a step by step guide for the LC Viewty on 3 Ireland.

http://www.ku990.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2188

All working now for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Sparklejars

Hi, Im planning on buying it with three now cos I can get it for free with my price plan, but never used LG before, so just wondering if you could let me no how the phone held up over time, and if ur still happy with it.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

towel401 wrote: »
    it looks like a half decent phone. but i would never buy it branded/locked. definitely not on 3 - the amount of s**t they put on their phones is unreal

I've used a Vodafone, Meteor, and 3 Branded one, The 3 one is actually the best version, all the apps work straight out of the box. It all set up for a full internet experience, Skype, Mobi Cast etc. It really adds value to the phone.

I'd agree with you that an unbrabed phone is a nealy allways better but in this instance the 3 LG Viewty is light years of the competition. It's an excellent phone that's set up the way you need it, they have done a good job with it. You shoud try a vodafone or metero one and then try a 3 one and you'll see what I mean straight away...

Advertisement