Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the procedure for porting from one network to another whilst in contract?

• 23-12-2007 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I signed up to a 12 month contract with o2 last December, I paid my twelfth bill last week and I'm now thinking of porting over to 3.

I couldn't find any info on the o2 site about terminating a contract, but now that I have fulfilled the 12 month contract do I just write a letter or phone customer care saying I want to end the contract, giving a months notice before my next bill is due so I don't have to pay them a months line rental as compensation?

If I do the above can I agree to port over to another network the day o2 terminate my contract without my number getting lost in limbo?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if you write in to cancel your number you wont be able to port it if its cancelled as you can only port an active number,just ring o2 and find out if you've got a few days left on the contract,if you're out of contract just go into a 3 store and theyll port the number over for you,that'll automatically cancel the o2 account and your final bill will be issued,you only have to give written notice if you're cancelling the number outright with o2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

If you port without notifying o2 you'll end up paying a months rental in lieu of notice.
    What I'd do is
    notify o2 of your intention to withdraw.
    A day before the notice is up, port over to 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Am I right in thinking I can request an unlock code from o2 at the end of my contract or even before it, so I can use my current phone on other networks?

Advertisement