Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cyclist on M50 yesterday!

Options
  • 23-12-2007 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Travelling past the Dundrum exit going north at about 1pm, what do I see on the other side (just past the leopardstown/blackrock exit going south) but a cyclist wearing a green high vis jacket going along the motorway, but wait, there's more, he wasn't keeping to the hard shoulder, he was in the overtaking lane almost hugging the central reservation :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You're not meant to use the hard shoulder from travelling. Emergencies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Victor wrote: »
    You're not meant to use the hard shoulder from travelling. Emergencies only.

Your missing the point, hes not meant to be on the motorway, its bad enough being on the motorway but beside the overtaking lane. :eek: . I'd of rang trafficwatch for a tit like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Your missing the point, hes not meant to be on the motorway, its bad enough being on the motorway but beside the overtaking lane. :eek: . I'd of rang trafficwatch for a tit like that.

thats just victors humour eringo

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

its bad enough being on the motorway but beside the overtaking lane.
    Lots of motorists use the overtaking lane all the time and you are picking on a cyclist for doing it once!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Victor wrote: »
    Lots of motorists use the overtaking lane all the time and you are picking on a cyclist for doing it once!

Good Man :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Victor has been taking too much Christmas spirit.
    The cyclist was obviously an idiot or someone trying to commit suicide Either way, it was dangerous on the motorists who presumably would have gotten a shock when passing him.
    Still it may have had the benefit of getting some folk out of the overtaking lane!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I bet the fooker didnt even pay a toll..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Two (American?) pros I remember were stopped on the M50 during the tour de france, they were trying to get some training done.

Irony being that they were probably travelling faster than half of the cars on that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah shur this is Ireland

Shur what harm was he doing :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Probably going faster than anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ah leave the cyclist alone, He didn't do anything to you so just be quite :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

drdre wrote: »
    ah leave the cyclist alone, He didn't do anything to you so just be quite :)

Maybe he had his fog light on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Wonder how he got from the middle of the road back to the hard shoulder? Probably still there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I was reminded of this thread heading south on the M50 this evening, just beyond the N81 junction spotted a bloke walking along the hard shoulder. Dumbass was even wearing black clothes - must have a death wish!

Isn't that strech of the m50 (the 100km/h) not classed as a motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

ronoc wrote: »
    Hmm, never gone on to the M50 at that point so I don't know if they actually have the usual 'No L drivers, No cyclists etc.' sign up. Whole thing has blue signs though and is marked as a motorway on every map I've seen, so I'd imagine it is classed as motorway, and the signs are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ronoc wrote: »

It's only 100 from Firhouse to Dundrum exit, this took place after the blackrock exit (the next one after Dundrum one).

But anyway, the 100 is motorway too as far as I know. I think it's just a bit too windy to have the limit at 120. Same way the 60km zones with roadworks are still motorway ;)

Advertisement