Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga inc the daddy of all derbies

• 23-12-2007 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Last night Valencia showed a bit of fight came back from 2-0 to get a draw with Zaragoza, Joaquin looked very good, also Silva they looked like a team that wanted to win and not the usual spineless performance they give. Should have nicked it at the end too.

Sevilla "thumped" Racing 4-1 in a cracking game that Racing did not deserve to lose but sevillas rapier like attacks got them 4 super goals, Maresca played and is still the best midfielder in the world :p Racing had a man sent off which led to the 4-1 scoreline Chevaton scored too so Sevilla having some player choice issues, should get rid of Kershakov to Spurs soon hes just not up to La Liga.

Tonight Barca vs Real. :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I put a €20 bet on with my mate that Madrid will win last night.

My fanboyishism is huge for Ruud when drunk :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can anyone really tell with games like this? Proberbly plenty of goal-scoring chances but many actual goals?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can somebody explain to me what time kick off is, and on what channels its on. I'm utterly confused :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote: »
    Can somebody explain to me what time kick off is, and on what channels its on. I'm utterly confused :)

6 starts on SS3 then goes to SS1 for 2nd half.

Mike neither team is very good at the defending thing but quite useful with the goals part.

17-16 scoreline :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats what I thought, so good for a over 2.5 goal line at PP then. :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

PHB wrote: »

Kick off is at 6 on Sky Sports 3. At 7, it switches to SS1 for the second half (after the Chelsea-Blackburn game and the Last Word).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats what I thought, so good for a over 2.5 goal line at PP then. :)

Mike.

Worth a shot. I'm really looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

robinho anytime scorer is 11-4

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Barca to walk this one, Real are in the ascendancy but I do think that barca will do it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Do you promise?

Well looking forward to this. Having a bunch over and we have a few Real fans and Barca fans, so should be a good evening.

Sticking with my prediction of 2-3 though with Sneijder getting the winner.

• Advertisement

3-2 for Barça with Eto'o and Iniesta on the scoresheet. I'm really looking forward to this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

The city is absolutely hopping.. My god, this my first Classico... I love this city so much...

Want to see,
    Valdes

Marquez
    Milito
    ---Puyol
    Abidal

Toure

Deco

Xavi

---Iniesta
    Ronaldinho
    Eto'o

I still reckon 2-2.. Raul, Nist, Milito, Eto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I think Barca will shade this , though the draw is tempting

Match has just kicked off, Barça team as above. Stadium looked absolutely amazing just before kick-off, fair play to whoever choreographed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

0-1, Baptista with a beauty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Unearthly wrote: »
    I put a €20 bet on with my mate that Madrid will win last night.

My fanboyishism is huge for Ruud when drunk :o

BOO YAAA

I love myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Unearthly wrote: »
    BOO YAAA

I love myself
    Congrats.

Far from the greatest El Classico ever though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,345 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Watched this tonight and I cannot believe how the ref let all those players get away with diving all night :eek: Is it in the rules for La Liga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Archimedes wrote: »
    0-1, Baptista with a beauty

It was a stunner alright.

That game was great I thought, plenty of end to end stuff and a superb goal to win it, sure they cancelled each other out, but great teams tend to do that alot.

Far better then "Grand slam Sunday" anyway!

Real are looking a great team this season, all the new players seem to be gelling into the team well and Robinhio is showing he is all he was hyped up to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Atmosphere(ON TV) was crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

get yourself some surround sound ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Barca ripped apart by the media, Iniesta was given an 8, nobody else over a 6 with plenty of 3s, Ronaldinho booed off the pitch, media and players also layed into him during the week for not taking training seriously enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Barca got what they deserved which was nada. Reals gameplan worked perfectly and Barca were clueless.

Very similar game to Liverpool Man U last week.

Advertisement