Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms closing in January??

Options
  • 23-12-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Someone mentioned this to me lastnight, was wondering if there is any basis upon which it is founded or is it just the rumour mill in full swing. Something about the Opera Centre was mentioned, but I had assumed it was going to be worked around the Granary and not included in it.

Oh dear, what will I do:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The rumour is not true. There are no plans that I know of to close the trinity rooms.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pity. It's rubbish.

I hear the proprietors, or at least their front men, have bought another pub quite nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Trinity Rooms is so crappy, be no loss to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I was there last night for the first time in ages and it was ****e, it wasnt that busy, but the cloak room was full early. It was all dance music (crap dance music at that) no christmas feel at all. Also E12 to get in wtf??? most places i go to in Dublin are free and even the ones you pay into are only E10.
    I really dont like what they have done with the DJ box either

Molly's is a pretty good place to go, never bothered going around the corner to trooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Molly's is a pretty good place to go, never bothered going around the corner to trooms.
    +1, but as it's gone midnight and I'm now officially old enought to get into Flannery's I may be moving on

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

ninty9er wrote: »
    +1, but as it's gone midnight and I'm now officially old enought to get into Flannery's I may be moving on

happy birthday? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Trinity Rooms is always bringing big acts to Limerick. Its considered one of the top nightclubs in the country?!?!?!?!

Trinity Rooms is always bringing big acts to Limerick. Its considered one of the top nightclubs in the country?!?!?!?!

God knows why...

The same could be said of Dolans and while I'm not the biggest fan of the stuff they do bring, they do it on a much more popular level and people go there for the gigs rather than just because they're sheep and it's Dolans like the majority of people going to Trinity Rooms.

I've been to pubs in Dublin with better DJs than Trinity Rooms and they don't overcharge for everything either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ellenmelon wrote: »
    happy birthday? :)
    Was wondering the same thing. happy birthday... maybe

It wouldnt be a huge loss as long as they put something better there of course...

• Advertisement

Ya Trinity rooms brings down some good acts, but Dolans brings even better (and its a very good venue). The only place you hear Trinity rooms is one of the best clubs in Ireland is from someone that has a vested interest in Tirinty rooms. Dont want to knock it too much its not bad and I had a lot of good nights there, but the management seem to think they are some super club in New York

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

God knows why...

The same could be said of Dolans and while I'm not the biggest fan of the stuff they do bring, they do it on a much more popular level and people go there for the gigs rather than just because they're sheep and it's Dolans like the majority of people going to Trinity Rooms.

I've been to pubs in Dublin with better DJs than Trinity Rooms and they don't overcharge for everything either!!

too right. wicked chicken and mickey martins, and now even the green room have much better dj's than trinity.

Kate lawler??? **** off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Limerick, like most Irish cities has rubbish nightlife.

wingnut wrote: »

Now I wouldnt go that far, I have been in pubs and clubs all over the world and still some of the best nights I have had have been Ireland. Ireland has by far and away the best pubs in the world, our clubs arent bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

wingnut wrote: »
    Well your not exactly spoiled for choice when it comes to cities either

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Blast, I was hoping this rumour was true. That place is a right kip imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Apparently they've bought/leased an old nightclub in Newcastle West and are renovating it at the moment. That should make the drug dealers happy.

RINO87 wrote: »
    too right. wicked chicken and mickey martins, and now even the green room have much better dj's than trinity.

Kate lawler??? **** off!!!

+1

Wicked Chicken is definetly the best pub in the city imo, great music, no scum, chilled out atmosphere, good dj's, nothing not to like! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

irishguy wrote: »
    Now I wouldnt go that far, I have been in pubs and clubs all over the world and still some of the best nights I have had have been Ireland. Ireland has by far and away the best pubs in the world, our clubs arent bad.

You must have been to some dull places mate. =D

I love this country but the pubs leave a lot to be desired. I like a choice of ale... larger ain't my bag, don't like Guinness and the Smithwicks a lot of pubs serve is rank. I'm not even going to start on the price of German beers... mental. Beer = love, more of it please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

+1

Wicked Chicken is definetly the best pub in the city imo, great music, no scum, chilled out atmosphere, good dj's, nothing not to like! :cool:

+1 on the Wicked Chicken. Great spot. not a fan of Mickeys at all.
    Trinity rooms..cool place,decent talent, extra ****e music imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

In fairness if trinity rooms was`nt there you`d have another Icon, if you like the icon then you`d have to be shot.
    People will always crib.....Mickeys and the chicken are great pubs so I can see why anyone who go`s there would`nt fancy trinity too much even tough Trinity rooms has some great funk and soul djs.

The Green house is a nice club as well, but hey its the typical sheep mantality...it must be **** if no ones go`s.
    Dolans is a good venue, great for live bands/ djs and nice for a pint in the pub and sound bouncers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

id rather go to the quieter clubs,i dont see the point in paying 12 quid to queue to get in,queue to pay,queue to put in my jacket,queue for the bar,queue to get to the smoking area,queue to get my jacket again, icon is by far a worse niteclub than trinity room, its full of scumbags, the place smells like a mixture of domestos and vomit and the bouncers are ****, was in the green house for the first time last week and its actually nice, decent mix of music rather than the horiffic ibiza uncovered rubbish they play in trinity rooms, although during the summer when its quiet and the students arent around its a good place to hang out during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hopchop

God knows why...

I have recently moved up to Dublin, I have always liked going to Trinity rooms and there is nearly always good Djs on, so can you name a few pubs in Dublin that have better Djs than Trooms because I would really like to visit them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

is trinity rooms going to be closing if they stsrt work on the opera centre??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just on the nightclub note, does anybody know the name of this new nightclub under Players bar on thomas street? I've heard there's some good hard trance to be found in there on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I knew one of the guys involved in the club below Players and he said recently that he was no longer doing it. Not fully sure if that means it is gone though.

hopchop wrote: »
    I have recently moved up to Dublin, I have always liked going to Trinity rooms and there is nearly always good Djs on, so can you name a few pubs in Dublin that have better Djs than Trooms because I would really like to visit them!

Citibar is one that I liked.....can't remember the names of the other 2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hopchop

Citibar is one that I liked.....can't remember the names of the other 2....

I have been in city bar plenty of times they play all mainstream music in there complete tripe obviously thats your sort of music. Also the place is full of fellas, so I would reccommend Craw Daddy for some decent club music and some tasty women!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well it would be difficult to beat Kate Lawler at Trinity rooms :rolleyes::p

More then specific clubs id reccomend a few up and coming remedy gigs
    Upcoming at Remedy:
    Richard Dorfmeister – Spy – Friday Jan 25th
    Roni Size, Friction, MC Dynamite – Sunday March 16th
    DJ Hype and Dillinja – Saturday April 5th
    Ricardo Villalobos – Sunday May 4th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

There's club listings in the Ticket section of the Irish Times on Fridays so give a look at that and you might find something that interests you. As was mentioned previously Citibar is ok (music is a bit crap but I was there to drink). Other places I've liked since moving up here are 4 Dame Lane and the Mercantile.....music wise I don't really care what's playing as long as I'm there with friends.

Kehoes on South Anne street (just off Grafton Street) is nice for after work pints if you're working in town.

Advertisement